Barry Bannan

villianusa

You know a player's had an incredible season when his highlight is a 10 yard pass that a 4 year old could make.

I'm sure in Con's world, that pass ranks as some sort of "key pass", which is why it's a "highlight". I don't think Con sees the game as football. He just sees it as numbers on a screen.

You know a player's had an incredible season when his highlight is a 10 yard pass that a 4 year old could make.

I'm sure in Con's world, that pass ranks as some sort of "key pass", which is why it's a "highlight". I don't think Con sees the game as football. He just sees it as numbers on a screen.

Maybe Con is the matrix  :ph34r:

Con, please answer this honestly - do you know Barry Bannan in person?

No! 

The question is again framed to suggest it is completely strange to say anything positive about Bannan's football. You must have an ulterior motive!

I'm just looking at the stats, and some of the highlights and coming to a logical opinion based on those.

Some of you guys are scapegoating based on misunderstanding his game, and some don't like us having a small technical player in midfield. The latter group have been complaining about his every appearance since the start of the season.

No! 

The question is again framed to suggest it is completely strange to say anything positive about Bannan's football. You must have an ulterior motive!

I'm just looking at the stats, and some of the highlights and coming to a logical opinion based on those.

Some of you guys are scapegoating based on misunderstanding his game, and some don't like us having a small technical player in midfield. The latter group have been complaining about his every appearance since the start of the season.

:crylaugh:

Westwood is short and we love him. And Westwood is better technically than Bannan. So that debunks your 2nd point. For your first point to be correct, it would mean that everybody is wrong and you are right? Are we agreed on that?

That is what absolutely everyone in this thread has done.

What you've failed to do, is that last bit. Come to a logical opinion.

You've come to an opinion, but it aint logical my friend!

No! 

I'm no Bannan hater, but I am aware of his limitations and the limitations of using statistics. I suspect the truth about his abilities and what he offers to our first team or squad, lies somewhere between the 'scapegoaters' and your good self.

• Like 1

I'm no Bannan hater, but I am aware of his limitations and the limitations of using statistics. I suspect the truth about his abilities and what he offers to our first team or squad, lies somewhere between the 'scapegoaters' and your good self.

Be fair, I've got criticisms and I've made them in this thread.

It would be wrong to say I'm someone who is constantly gushing with unjust praise and never says anything critical. 

That's why I say I have a balanced view, but when I use the word "balance" it makes some sections of this thread go crazy.

Be fair, I've got criticisms and I've made them in this thread.

It would be wrong to say I'm someone who is constantly gushing with unjust praise and never says anything critical. 

That's why I say I have a balanced view, but when I use the word "balance" it makes some sections of this thread go crazy.

Perhaps you could start afresh and state who you would currently drop to accomodate Bannan and explain his strengths in direct comparison with our current first team midfielders.

This is probably his season highlight.

76xfyCw.gif

hahahaha this thread is brilliant (last few pages anyway) but this just tops it off  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

It's just a pass forward... really NOTHING in it.

You are for sure Bannan or related to Bannan.

If not i'll be worried you seem VERY obsessed with him.

Perhaps you could start afresh and state who you would currently drop to accomodate Bannan and explain his strengths in direct comparison with our current first team midfielders.

In case you haven't been following this thread (wouldn't blame you not to) I've said for the last couple of fixtures - prior to the games - I would not start Bannan.

I've made this clear but it doesn't have any affect. I must fall into line with the popular (in here) dogma. If I don't there will continue to be "a disturbance in the force".

So the question is irrelevant because I wouldn't start him right now.

His strengths compared to Westwood and Delph are: his better vision for the pass, better crossing and corners. I support the latter two claims with statistics. I accept that other people don't like these statistics, but that is where my opinion comes from in this case. 

His weaknesses are: lack of experience with respect to Westwood, and less effective defensive qualities (fewer tackles and interceptions), compared to both, especially Delph.