Barry Bannan

villianusa

I hope he plays the whole 90 minutes.

Good player who will be in the Premier League next year no matter what happens to us.

Yes I can't understand why he's still with us and Man United have not made a bid by now

I hear potential suitors are already circling Benteke 

I'm sure his agent's mobile has been ringing 24/7

I think someone says that every single time he plays. I would love to be proved wrong.

When he does have a storming game, e.g. Bradford first leg when he could have had 6 assists, including one where he set up Benteke 5 yards out, he still gets no credit, and the defeat is entirely blamed on him when he had nothing to do with any of the goals conceded.

I don't expect him to have a good game in the opinion of most of his critics here until the pundits on MOTD begin eulogising. By then it will be far too late to say "I told you so". 

I'd love it if he had a storming game tonight after reading some of this:-)

Well lets face it he's due one...

Perhaps he will add to his impressive tally of a single assist in 20 games this season

Edited by AshVilla

When he does have a storming game, e.g. Bradford first leg when he could have had 6 assists, including one where he set up Benteke 5 yards out, he still gets no credit, and the defeat is entirely blamed on him when he had nothing to do with any of the goals conceded.

I don't expect him to have a good game in the opinion of most of his critics here until the pundits on MOTD begin eulogising. By then it will be far too late to say "I told you so". 

Because only someone who looked at a stats sheet would describe any players performance against Bradford as storming.

1. It wasn't a storming game, he created a few chances but he played a central role in a team that lost heavily to a team from League Two. He offered as always, no protection at all to the defence behind him and gave the ball away frequently which if I recall correctly did indirectly result in one of the goals. Add to that he alongside Bennett was playing the chap on side who scored the first. It wasn't a 'storming' performance any more than he is a potentially world class player or than he is a world class crosser of the ball and the best crosser in the PL.

2. Would you care to show me where anyone has said the defeat to Bradford was entirely down to Bannan? If you can't you are putting words in peoples mouths again.

3. How arrogant can you be to claim that people on here form their views on players based upon what MOTD pundits think. You seem to think you have a wisdom and ability to understand the game or players performance that is above and beyond other people on here, which given some of the rubbish you've posted is laughable. It is also ironic that you accuse people of forming their views based on the words of MOTD pundits when your views essentially are based on excel spread sheets.

It's terribly sad to see just how obsessed some Villa fans are with hating Bannan. Like he is the whole reason Villa are shit? **** off, he's mostly hated cause he's short, Scottish and a Celtic fan. Same way that certain people on here enjoyed detesting Stiliyan Petrov for years until he got sick (that finally shut the up). No matter how well Petrov would play they would pick on every single mistake or wayward pass. People running to the side of the pitch to abuse a player as the match kicks off? School yard bully mentality, firstly a couple of people started hating on him then he quickly picked up steam as a figure of hate, now it's out of control people on twitter wishing Bannan was dead it's truly shameful.