Barry Bannan

villianusa

Albrighton received the same level of defence when people first started questioning him.

I think bannan will end up the same way. He's **** useless.

Is he better than other midfield options? Probably, doesn't change the fact he's not good enough for this level.

I can't wait for this guy to leave.

This, **** this!

I hate his stupid floated passes, I hate his shit corners, I hate the way he bottles tackles.

At least if we stick with Bannan in the side, next season he'll be playing at his actual level!

I watched the match live and thought he was poor. I watched the highlights and saw nothing to make me change my opinion. I think assists are a key stat to look at when you're discussing creative players, one of the most important stats in fact. What is the definition of a key pass, a pass that leads to an effort on goal? Surely being the corner taker then will bloat these figures somewhat as all he needs is a teammate to get on the end of a corner to achieve a key pass. Of the 34 goals we've scored this season he's assisted one, that's another stat that's pretty damning

I watched the match live and thought he was poor. I watched the highlights and saw nothing to make me change my opinion.

You watched the highlights - what did you think about the 5 chances he set up?

We could call it 6 chances: he made a sliding tackle/interception to kick the ball to N'Zogbia who ran up the pitch and took a shot from 25 yards.

That went for a corner, which Bannan teed up for Benteke who missed badly.

I think assists are a key stat to look at when you're discussing creative players, one of the most important stats in fact. What is the definition of a key pass, a pass that leads to an effort on goal?

Assists are only assists if the player who received the key pass scores from it. Bannan could have had six assists tonight.

A key pass sets up a chance. It is a pass that is "key" to something happening. That is "key" not just involved in some way - key.

Surely being the corner taker then will bloat these figures somewhat as all he needs is a teammate to get on the end of a corner to achieve a key pass.

Yes if the corners are on target. If they are never on target they won't add to his key pass stat.

Bannan wouldn't be given corner duty by the manager if he wasn't good at taking them.

The fact he is our corner taker shows the manager has total confidence in him to deliver at set pieces.

Of the 34 goals we've scored this season he's assisted one, that's another stat that's pretty damning

Leon Britton has no goals no assists. One of Swansea's key players. Helped beat Chelsea 0-2. Stats don't tell you everything you know.

Hehe.

Edited by Con

bannan/delph/herd/ireland..

with respect of all these players at different times, mon /gh /kmc /amc/pl carnt get anything from them. are they all bad managers or are the players not good enough,

Now that is a difficult question?????

I think Delph was let down by Bannan the other night, Delph was left to hold midfield on his own whilst Bannan went roaming. We need to have a structured midfield four at the moment to break down opposition attacks before they get to our fragile backline. I dont see Bannan giving that to us. Westwood does give us that option and I think Ireland/Holman do as well. Thing is with Delph is he is a holding midfielder at best but even the best holding midfielders in the world cant take on an opposition midfield on their own.

I think Delph was let down by Bannan the other night, Delph was left to hold midfield on his own whilst Bannan went roaming. We need to have a structured midfield four at the moment to break down opposition attacks before they get to our fragile backline. I dont see Bannan giving that to us. Westwood does give us that option and I think Ireland/Holman do as well. Thing is with Delph is he is a holding midfielder at best but even the best holding midfielders in the world cant take on an opposition midfield on their own.

Completely agree, at times i think Delph thought he was playing on his own in midfield, Bannan needs shipping out!!!

Delph did (reasonably) well in the first 20 mins or so in the midfield so you may be right but as the game progressed both of them turned into utter shit.

Bannan is useful squad player though he isnt helped playing with the waster Delph beside him. Think he feels he is teh creative heart of the team and tries a little too hard but cant fault his effort, his corners are improving and him and Westwood haev a decent partnership in the middle

Bannan is useful squad player though he isnt helped playing with the waster Delph beside him. Think he feels he is teh creative heart of the team and tries a little too hard but cant fault his effort, his corners are improving and him and Westwood haev a decent partnership in the middle

Bannan might need someone else in the team to take some pressure off from him for creating chances, and someone with proper steel to play alongside him but I'm not holding much hope for Bannan.

i think were chasing our tails with the crop of players..i dont think pl can make herd into a top cb,bannan into a midfield destroyer etc.. lets not blink for a second here, bannan & delph have just been shredded by bradford on live tv,

when do we draw a line & say..ok guys you have had a fair crack but its just not going to work. we keep hearing squad players etc, i know were going over old ground but isnt it better to pay milner £70k a week or pay bannan/delph 35k each. its time avfc got ruthless & opened the door to some players

i think were chasing our tails with the crop of players..i dont think pl can make herd into a top cb,bannan into a midfield destroyer etc.. lets not blink for a second here, bannan & delph have just been shredded by bradford on live tv,

when do we draw a line & say..ok guys you have had a fair crack but its just not going to work. we keep hearing squad players etc, i know were going over old ground but isnt it better to pay milner £70k a week or pay bannan/delph 35k each. its time avfc got ruthless & opened the door to some players

Agree

Bannan's a good footballer. Don't get why so many are so keen to write him off or make him scapegoat for all the team's woes. It's clear he's not currently good enough to carry or lead the midfield, but I think he could be a very good cog in a functioning midfield (say he was alongside Young, Petrov & Milner). Just like I think Clark or Baker could be good with the right partner, but neither are yet capable of leading the defence. It's a matter of finding the right balance, not just writing everyone off for not thriving in an unbalanced team.

I think El Ahmadi's been the bigger disappointment in midfield. Suspect he was the one Lambert signed as the steady hand in midfield who'd start 95% of games, but he hasn't really performed.

i partly agree with cbr600rr

in the sense that we 9 contracted first team central midfielders at this club, were only going to use the most 3 at any time, so also taking into a couple of injuries as well for example, we still dont need 9, however, the 9 we have, are very average

with their combined wages, it could probably work out the same, maybe a little more to have less CM but of a higher quality, we only really need 6, maybe 7 CMs, 2x defensive 2x play makers and 2x box to box

Bannan a "midfield destroyer"?

Herd a "centre back"?

Click this link for my response.

We weren't "shredded" by Bradford at all. We created all the chances. Bannan was waltzing through them like Cinderella on Prom night.

I think Delph needs another club because he is played out of position here. Bannan is creating chances... that is what he is in the team to do. I think midfield destroyer is a great nickname though - it describes how he destroys opposition defences!

Edited by Con