Barry Bannan

villianusa

I don't think he's done enough to be a guaranteed starter yet, but he's surely way too gifted to consider selling him for another year or so.

And therein lies the conundrum.

If he's too gifted then he should be starting as many games as possible so that he can continue to develop and we get the best out of him.

Otherwise there is always the chance he backs himself and leaves for Bolton to get regular top-flight game time and then ends up getting a transfer to Chelsea.

Wait. That sounds familiar......

I don't think it was even the incident that stopped Bannan from playing well. Obviously McLeish had the right to discipline the lad. I am not saying that was wrong, but for some reason Eck just continues to sit him despite the fact he was doing very well for us not too long ago. Makes little to no sense much like Eck's tactics.

Before the incident Bannan was our best player Gabby aside; involved in over 70% of our goals. He was the most creative, and also the most consistent. He was (our) MOTM or runner up for pretty much every game he started in that period, and it was the same when he was on international duty. It's almost as if people don't want him to make it with their blanket statements.

Or maybe you're wrong.

I don;'t think he looks any better, if aeven ona par, with Steven Davis at the same age. Admittedly Bannan has got a great pass on him but itsw too intemittant and he's struggling to make good decisions when he comes on. Again, it could be an age thing and he may improve, I just don't see it.

Personally I would not sell bannan , he is the same age as delph and that sums it up really, Great vision,great pass, and he has still got time to develop his teqnuie and passing game, because he is only 22. and its not like he is going to lose much pace... i think he will turn out to be a great villa player in the next couple of years...really hope we keep him. Also at least he tries to be positive going forward with his passing, thats what bent needs players that have a vision for a pass.. Great player IMO, and I think it woul be very foolish to let a player for his potential leave. I mean whne you look at is we shelled out 8Mill for Delph (22)and bannan(22) has come up through the academy, and is a much much better play.. Delph will never be as good as bannan.. ( and im not saying anyone on here is saying that).. Just in CM he is top class potential player..

Brilliant, talking of selling Bannan now. This is as crazy as the idea of selling Ireland.

So let me get this straight, people would happily move on are only 2 technically gifted players?

**** brilliant! :lol:

I love VillaTalk, it reasures me that i am of sane mind.

Brilliant, talking of selling Bannan now. This is as crazy as the idea of selling Ireland.

So let me get this straight, people would happily move on are only 2 technically gifted players?

completely agree, there is no point selling the 2 attacking players that can actually unlock a defense or find a pass to Darren bent, Yeah great idea (':shock:')

completely agree, there is no point selling the 2 attacking players that can actually unlock a defense or find a pass to Darren bent, Yeah great idea (':shock:')

Mcleish is moulding his own team. he doesn't need anyone in the middle really. in mcleishs mind the midfield is the thing you kick the ball over from defence.