Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan is a better passer of the ball than Scholes ever was, in my opinion.

I'm sorry but I find that to be a completely idiotic statement. :shock: :shock:

Oh well, I couldn't care less what you think in all honesty. I said it was my opinion and I stand by it. Compare the two at the same age. Scholes was in a far better side than Bannan currently is. Plus Bannan has a much better passing range than some give him credit for.

Bannan is a better passer of the ball than Scholes ever was, in my opinion.

I'm sorry but I find that to be a completely idiotic statement. :shock: :shock:

Oh well, I couldn't care less what you think in all honesty. I said it was my opinion and I stand by it. Compare the two at the same age. Scholes was in a far better side than Bannan currently is. Plus Bannan has a much better passing range than some give him credit for.

I think Bannan is massivley over hyped. He is a decent player but he hardly sets the world on fire does he??

Paul Scholes in his prime or Barry Bannan is a no brainer, Scholes every time.

Well of course it is, because Scholes would have been in his prime.

The only fair way to judge them would be to see Bannan in his prime and playing for Man Utd or some similar team. This could still happen if he keeps on developing the way he is.

Of course, it could go all tits up and he may end up being another average player. He currently looks like he could possibly go either way, however I think he will improve.

Well of course it is, because Scholes would have been in his prime.

The only fair way to judge them would be to see Bannan in his prime and playing for Man Utd or some similar team. This could still happen if he keeps on developing the way he is.

Of course, it could go all tits up and he may end up being another average player. He currently looks like he could possibly go either way, however I think he will improve.

he is certainly the most promising of the youngsters so far. unfortunatly it seems as if Allbrighton and Delph are going backwards.

would like to Gardner in action and I think Clark and Herd should have more game time too.

I hope his brush with the law doesnt affect his game to much as Bannan and Ireland are the only creative midfielders available and Im still not convinced by Ireland

he is certainly the most promising of the youngsters so far. unfortunatly it seems as if Allbrighton and Delph are going backwards.

I agree with Marc. I think Eck has killed his confidence and giving him 10 minutes at the end of a game is not helping as he is trying to do much in too short a time.

He is also killing Delph's game by asking him to be the anchor. This not a position for Delph and never will be from what I have seen. He needs a big DCM alongside him IMO to bring the best out of him and a runner/ACM in front of him.

would like to Gardner in action and I think Clark and Herd should have more game time too.

Why would you give Clark a chance when you have the Powerhouse as an option in front of him? :winkold:

Clark should have had a lot more chances this season.

I would love to see Gardner get a go as well.

Thank you. That is, indeed, all I was trying to say. Of course, I had forgotten that this is Villa Talk, and I'm not allowed to have a positive outlook for any of our players.

I can find you as many examples of people with a "negative outlook" whose posts get criticised, VT is about debate, if you don't like people disagreeing with you, you're posting in the wrong place.

I agree with Marc. I think Eck has killed his confidence and giving him 10 minutes at the end of a game is not helping as he is trying to do much in too short a time.

He is also killing Delph's game by asking him to be the anchor. This not a position for Delph and never will be from what I have seen. He needs a big DCM alongside him IMO to bring the best out of him and a runner/ACM in front of him.

Why would you give Clark a chance when you have the Powerhouse as an option in front of him? :winkold:

Clark should have had a lot more chances this season.

I would love to see Gardner get a go as well.

Def agree Gardner should have a lot more of a look in.

AM is quite a negative manager and is hardly positive but you cant really blame him he sets his team up not to loose. That means he qill take less risks the untried youth.

I think Marc has suffered from the loss of John Robinson who was excellent at working with wingers. At the start of last season he did really well but drastically faded since.

Eck hasn't been able to help him get back into form but the writing was on the wall with Houllier at the end of last season.

I think you're making way too many excuses for Delph. The fact is he's been poor and it's not just to do with the role he's been playing. He's been getting the most basic things wrong and every game he makes some very basic mistakes.

Not saying that he hasn't got a future here but he's shown nothing at Villa (bar a couple of games) that shows he can make it in a top ten team in the Premier League.

Yes he's been injured and he'll hopefully get more chances this season and next to show what he's made of but his performances have been poor and it's not because he's played the wrong role or not had the right players around him IMO.

I'm sure bannan will continue at VP, this will be merely a case of sending a message, not just to other players but the club has an obligation to the public (and in particular the thousands of kids who idolise the players) to show that this type of behaviour is not socially acceptable.

He'll take a fine and the 'suspension' and return a better person I'm sure.