Barry Bannan

villianusa

Best thread EVER!

I can't stop laughing that we are now talking about how Bannan is moving his hands like a orchesters composer to get credit for goals.

Simply brilliant.

Con, you are the best, nicest, smiliest troll in the whole wide world.

Edited by AstonMartin82

Best thread EVER!

I can't stop laughing that we are now talking about how Bannan is moving his hands like a orchesters composer to get credit for goals.

Simply brilliant.

yet Bannan keeps proving you wrong?

assist vs Wigan today. game still in progress. Palace have 52% possession and Pulis has made his 3 substutions. he wants to win this game and so is keeping Bannan on.

in the league he is all out defence and hoof it forward. in the cup Bannan plays because he's a match winner.

Bannan is proving me wrong?  :D  :D  :D

Mate, he is in the Palace reserve team. A team that loses to Championship teams.

He is doing EXACTLY as I said he would... slowly fall into Championship obscurity. On the other hand, he is nowhere near joining Man Utd or Arsenal... which is exactly what you said would happen.

in the cup Bannan plays because he's a match winner.

Bannan is a match winner. Only they lost.

Bannan doesn't play in the league because Pulis doesn't want any match winners to win matches. Only they win in the league.

You can find so many angles to laugh at your posts.

I love you, and this thread that you have made.

Neither of us watched the game. I've got to see the highlights before I can judge.

An assist is an assist. I sense that with 52% possession he probably set up more chances that weren't taken. Both Palace strikers Chamakh and Jermone were taken off and replaced by two other strikers, one of whom - Wilbraham - scored. That was the Palace problem today. Giving Bannan anything other than credit for his positive contribution to the game is pathetic.

Neither of us watched the game. I've got to see the highlights before I can judge.

Giving Bannan anything other than credit for his positive contribution to the game is pathetic.

And yet another way to laugh at your posts!

You used to contradict yourself every other week to suit your argument. You're now contradicting yourself in the same posts!

You're cracking under this intense pressure that you have put yourself under over the last year and a half... to defend the indefensible.

He got an assist. What more can you ask? He can't kick every ball.

You posted here earlier today expecting Palace to lose and Bannan to get zero assists and goals, so you could laugh at him being ineffective against Championship level opposition.

Well he got an assist and proved you wrong.

You posted here earlier today expecting Palace to lose and Bannan to get zero assists and goals, so you could laugh at him being ineffective against Championship level opposition.

Please prove where I posted today saying I expected Palace to lose and Bannan not to get any assists or goals?

Once again, you are making up nonsense.

As a matter of fact, Palace were in my accumulator to win today.

He got an assist?! If true that's two already this season! Twice as productive as last season.

And in fairness its not his fault they lost, Wigan are flying at the minute. They went into the game hot off a 3-0 defeat to relegation favourites Doncaster.

Yet he's only played 90 minutes twice this season and is complaining about not getting enough game time. Seems Palace have figured out he's not that good too

Best thread EVER!

Simply brilliant.

yet Bannan keeps proving you wrong?

assist vs Wigan today. game still in progress. Palace have 52% possession and Pulis has made his 3 substutions. he wants to win this game and so is keeping Bannan on.

in the league he is all out defence and hoof it forward. in the cup Bannan plays because he's a match winner.

38% possession today.

What's the excuse now? How can Bannan not perform when the whole team is not centered around his strength?

Haha. Gone quite quiet here Con. Found that evidence of the lie you posted about me?

38% possession today.

What's the excuse now? How can Bannan not perform when the whole team is not centered around his strength?

Haha. Gone quite quiet here Con. Found that evidence of the lie you posted about me?

match ended 51% in favour of Palace - the away side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25789221

Don't know where you picked up your 38% from.

You posted a "Hahaha" type post before today's game did you not? I admit you might not have said verbatim what I suggested but in effect it was as good as. You were taking the mick. 

We'll find out on football highlights tonight what kind of assist it was.

BBC write up mentions Bannan as a positive attacking threat 

Palace offered few glimpses of their attacking threat in the first half, but upped the tempo after the break.

Barry Bannan's inswinging corner evaded everyone in the home box as Ali Al-Habsi was almost caught out before stopping the Scot's set-piece on the line.

You posted a "Hahaha" type post before today's game did you not? I admit you might not have said verbatim what I suggested but in effect it was as good as. You were taking the mick. 

We'll find out on football highlights tonight what kind of assist it was.

Nope, I didn't say anything of the sort and from memory I don't think anyone else did either. I thought Palace would win today even though I expected Bannan to play. Turns out he did play and they didn't win... the polar opposite of their last match.

The "assist" from what I hear was a corner and a lot of mess and a fumble into the net. I doubt it would go down as an assist if that is the case.

BBC write up mentions Bannan as a positive attacking threat 

Palace offered few glimpses of their attacking threat in the first half, but upped the tempo after the break.

Barry Bannan's inswinging corner evaded everyone in the home box as Ali Al-Habsi was almost caught out before stopping the Scot's set-piece on the line.

That's hardly an attacking threat. It's a corner which the defenders mucked up. Bannan wouldn't have aimed or meant to hit the post.

Right seen the highlights.

Two extremely low vicious in-swinging corners that were extremely difficult to defend. 

The one Al-Habsi got off the line was going in at the near post! 

The assist looked like it might have been touched on but the replay suggests probably not in my view. Ball hardly deviated, no goalmouth scramble, bounced once, centre of the penalty area knocked in by a Palace player.

Crossing has always been one of his strongest weapons.