Barry Bannan

villianusa

By all accounts he had a good game.

Subbed in 76' with score Palace 0-1 Arsenal. Arsenal by that time beat down to 10 men. Replaced with extra-attacker, Dwight Gayle. Not sure I would have taken Bannan off. 

Subbed in 76' with score Palace 0-1 Arsenal. Arsenal by that time beat down to 10 men. Replaced with extra-attacker, Dwight Gayle. Not sure I would have taken Bannan off.

Did you watch the game?

Did you watch the game?

He hardly watched Bannan last season (an admittance on his part).

You didn't even watch the game LOL

He was shite.

Surely this is an elite level of trolling being played by Con. 

He's not just on another level. He's in another dimension.

Sorry, it's how it was.

Bannan got as close as any other Palace player to scoring today. Only half-chances but he was involved in the move that helped create both of them. Really dynamic. Also got 2 key passes and 5 accurate crosses out of 7. Only Jedinak got a higher whoscored rating in the Palace midfield.  Yes, he will improve but he is an almost cert to start the next game. Who is better than Bannan in that Palace team? 

Sorry, it's how it was.

Bannan got as close as any other Palace player to scoring today. Only half-chances but he was involved in the move that helped create both of them. Really dynamic. Also got 2 key passes and 5 accurate crosses out of 7. Only Jedinak got a higher whoscored rating in the Palace midfield.  Yes, he will improve but he is an almost cert to start the next game. Who is better than Bannan in that Palace team? 

No it was not anything like how it was. Granted he made two good crosses, but other than that he gave the ball away a few times and looked lost at other times..

Sorry, it's how it was.

Crystal Palace

• 01 Speroni
  • 02 Ward
  • 21 Moxey
  • 08 Dikgacoi
  • 19 Gabbidon
  • 27 Delaney
  • 15 Jedinak
  • 29 Chamakh
  • 31 Guédioura (Kébé - 72' )
  • 14 Thomas (Bolasie - 58' )
  • 03 Mariappa
  • 07 Bolasie
  • 12 O'Keefe
  • 13 Puncheon
  • 16 Gayle
  • 28 Kébé
  • 34 Price
Edited by StefanAVFC

Bannan had a good game today I thought, one of the better performances in what is an awful palace team. For everything he did well he let himself down with the same rubbish he did here. He can Contribute to a premier league team, just not consistently enough.

That said, its amazing that many people keep posting in here in response to what is quite clearly Con taking the piss.

Genuine question, if you were a manager would you ever take Bannan off unless you were winning by a large amount or he was injured? Seriously...

Edited by adw95

Sorry, it's how it was.

Bannan got as close as any other Palace player to scoring today.

You mean the shot he curled about 10 yards wide when it would have been difficult not to hit the target?

How is he looking in the most important stat within football? Let me calculate it... 0% win rate.

• Like 1

Sorry, it's how it was.

Bannan got as close as any other Palace player to scoring today.

You mean the shot he curled about 10 yards wide when it would have been difficult not to hit the target?

How is he looking in the most important stat within football? Let me calculate it... 0% win rate.

Yeah he really 'whipped' that one, reminded me of 99% of the long balls he used to 'whip' or 'ping' whilst with us. He really does have a cultured left foot.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Watched this match during the free BT Sport weekend on Virgin. Spent half the time laughing at Bazza running around in the wrong direction!

Nearly pissed myself laughing when he headed "goalwards" and could not believe his ridiculous reaction when he missed his "curler"!!!

He was cack. Took the free kicks and floated them lovely to the back post................

To his credit he made about 2 passes that I thought were good.

Stats definitely tell just a part of the story.

Another game, another loss. Still awaiting his first point in a Palace top.

I met a Palace fan earlier (I live close to Selhurst Park so it isn't uncommon)... I asked him what he thought of Bannan and I quote:

"He is **** awful. I've never seen anyone misplace so many passes, moan as much as him and float so many pointless balls into the box."

:D  They have sussed him out already.

Barry Bannan has found his level. A poor player in a very poor team, destined for the Championship.

Watched the game against Arsenal the other week, where Bannan missed the opportunity of the game and let his team-mates down when it mattered the most. He did have a nice first-touch, then he aimed and missed when he tried to curl it in the back of the net. I actually think it is harder to miss than to score from that range!