Barry Bannan

villianusa

loving this. analysis on tv here where they show how some things are going wrong and bannan is in the thick of it.

Funny, he's not played for a number of games and when he did play I don't remember him having made a mistake that lead to a goal.

No that's true. When he's not in possession he's often nowhere to be seen so he definitely can't be accused of making a mistake for a goal when he was likely hiding behind a striker at the other end of the pitch :-)

Sounds just like Westwood.

What is your problem with him?  :crylaugh: You're even taking your hatred out of his thread now! I jokingly asked you whether he'd slept with your missus earlier in the season, but I'm slowly thinking it might be true. No way could you have such a problem with somebody with reason  :lol:

No problem at all. I just think it necessary to point out when Westwood gets let off for things other players get slaughtered for. Not sure what it is about him but he definitely holds some strange sort of power over Villa fans. I've never seen a Villa player who is so vastly overrated or who gets away with so much as he does.

How have Palace got on having left out of the squad the guy who beat Croatia at international football - twice?

Surely Scotland should get rid of rest of the team and they might have got to the play-offs ;)

How have Palace got on having left out of the squad the guy who beat Croatia at international football - twice?

1 - 4 Fulham.

So when Palace lose without him, you imply that his omission was the reason they did so badly, yet you seem to not mention this when Palace also lose with Bannan playing.

Edited by Mantis

Another manager will come in and not play him because they know nothing about football. That will be O'Neill, Houllier, McAllister, GMac, McLeish, Levein, Stark, Strachan, Holloway, and Lambert who know absolutely NOTHING about football whatsoever.

If only they would take a look at that win % of Bannan's they would realise they could become the best manager in the whole wide world easily.

Edited by AstonMartin82

I think he would've played more under Houllier had he stayed for another season. He was rated quite highly by Houllier apparently and he played his best matches in that season.

I think he would've played more under Houllier had he stayed for another season. He was rated quite highly by Houllier apparently and he played his best matches in that season.

Which games were they?

Fulham, Man Utd, Blackburn off the top of my head. There were a few more though. I thought he showed quite a lot of promise that season.

Which games were they?

Fulham, Man Utd, Blackburn off the top of my head. There were a few more though. I thought he showed quite a lot of promise that season.

Fulham for that pass for Albrighton. Not sure about the rest, I can't say I was ever impressed with him really.

• Like 1

If Palace get Tony Pulis in, I can't see wee Barry getting a look in at all. He's not 6"5, doesn't weigh 250 pounds and is'nt a clogger/meathead. He can't cross/hoof the ball enough from out wide to get onto the head of the 6"5 meathead striker, those floaty crosses/corners striaght to the goalkeeper won't do the the trick.

I think he'll be gone from there at the end of the season, probably back to Scotland or a League 1 team.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Which games were they?

Fulham for that pass for Albrighton. Not sure about the rest, I can't say I was ever impressed with him really.

Tbf, Bannan ran the show when we played 2-2 at home to manure. He was brilliant that day.

Bannan starts against Arsenal. He never has the easy games.

He won the Bannan vs Modric (Croatia) contest so how will he do in Bannan vs Ozil?

Are Palace going to win today now that Bannan is playing???