Barry Bannan

villianusa

Maybe Strachan left him out because he thought the game was too fast and physical.

Yeah better to save him for the slower, less intense games. A friendly with Andorra perhaps.

Not my opinion.

Maybe he didn't play Bannan because Bannan got a game against Croatia, so Strachan wanted to see as subs the other players in his squad (who were all injured last time out - the reason Bannan played against Croatia).

Good point about Hutton.

I disagree that Bannan has gone from a very effective season to "useless" just because he has not been played.

Maybe Strachan left him out because he thought the game was too fast and physical. 

Define effective.

I had almost as much effect on Villa's season last year and I can't even claim to be part of the "12th man" as I don't get down to games anymore due to Rugby/Uni.

You're confusing correlation and causation Con. One thing that Bannan (the "creative" midfielder) definitely did have control over was his goal and assist totals for the season. 0 and 1. Effective isn't the word I'd use.

• Like 2

Con - This has to be your most disappointing & embarrassing night so far. You put all your eggs in one basket stating that Bannan was not only going to be picked tonight but was going to star in the match.

Face it Con - You have ended up with egg on your face.

No heat maps, no hoof charts, no .gifs, a big fat nothing, zilch.

The tables are reversed Con.

This time Bannan is taking the piss out of all of us but most of all you :P

yet we dont know that. Why would any sane player want to go to Blackburn. am sure the Rovers fan here would agree its ran like a joke.

if anything i applaud bannan sanity for not going

Yep I can confirm that it is.  :(

And how is this thread still going? This is madness

yet we dont know that. Why would any sane player want to go to Blackburn. am sure the Rovers fan here would agree its ran like a joke.

if anything i applaud bannan sanity for not going

Yep I can confirm that it is.  :(

And how is this thread still going? This is madness

Is the madness in this thread as mad as the madness that poor old Rovers 13 is having to suffer under Venky's?

Or is it just a case of the lunatics taking over the asylum?

Only the insane choose to post on this thread :P

I bet nobody anywhere on VT can find a post here that completely contradicts that statement ;)

Bannan & Con have driven us all completely Bonkers :)

Edited by villa-revolution

Honestly, as I have pointed out before none of this really makes any sense. I try to piece it together as someone is just doing trolling at a high level, meaning backing down was never going  to happen. But it sure feels like it has been going on forever, same crap either way what gets said. Honestly, are you autistic or something Con? Would explain your determination on this subject, I mean you honestly seem so full of it. 

To be fair, you can take a lot of the credit for the hate bannan gets, that`s when taking up this subject got so popular and got a lot of people talking. At least on the internet, and I am sure that it has spread outside of that and gone to birmingham. Are you solely responsible? No, but you have done your part. For all your defending, you actually did more damage then anything. But it has been going on for so long, you would think that trolling couldn`t be it, but you have left some certain clues at thread, where you leave little comments, trying to wind people up. And I have seen a lot of this stuff but this really sets me out, I don`t get it, I really don`t.

Yeah better to save him for the slower, less intense games. A friendly with Andorra perhaps.

Not my opinion.

Maybe he didn't play Bannan because Bannan got a game against Croatia, so Strachan wanted to see as subs the other players in his squad (who were all injured last time out - the reason Bannan played against Croatia).

Or maybe - and stay with me here Con because this is complicated, mind boggling stuff - just MAYBE Strachan didn't play Bannan because

HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Edited by Stevo985

Bannan is a decent footballer with some good skills. The reason why he's no longer in the frame for Villa, is down to what he contributes when Villa haven't got the ball. Lambert's team tactics are all about pressing as a group to win the ball back asap when we lose the ball. Bannan's willing, but doesn't have the physical capability to win the ball back effectively.

All this Bannan hating and Con bating is a bit childish imo.

Bannan is a decent footballer with some good skills. The reason why he's no longer in the frame for Villa, is down to what he contributes when Villa haven't got the ball. Lambert's team tactics are all about pressing as a group to win the ball back asap when we lose the ball. Bannan's willing, but doesn't have the physical capability to win the ball back effectively.

All this Bannan hating and Con bating is a bit childish imo.

Bannan hating and Con bating? I'd suggest you read from the start.

394 pages!!!! What have I done to deserve that dodgyknees? :unsure:  

Because it is not as simple as people bating and hating (hey, I like that.)

Con has spent months trolling and people are absolutely right to hit back.