Barry Bannan

villianusa

I had big hopes for Bannan - I thought Lambert would make him into a pretty decent player so it's disappointing to see it turn out this way - he certainly doesn't deserve a lot of the abuse he seems to be getting.

Didn't show enough for us last season to keep though, and at this stage isn't Premier League class.

• Like 2

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but we must have been watching different games. Delph was very good in the second part of the season.

I agree that Delph was better towards the end of the season. But he was pretty piss poor at the start. Bannan was decent for a large part of the season but his form dropped off towards the end of the season which led to him being dropped. I don't think Bannan was that significantly worse than Delph was throughout the season.

• Like 2

On a serious note I didn't think we would have trouble getting rid of Bannan or Delph, low wages who seemed to do ok in the championship... Their level really.

Bannan was decent for a large part of the season but his form dropped off towards the end of the season which led to him being dropped.

No he was poor from the start of the season and lost his place because he didn't get any better and we found other options.

On a serious note I didn't think we would have trouble getting rid of Bannan or Delph, low wages who seemed to do ok in the championship... Their level really.

You're so wrong on Delph. He's going to have big year. 

Bannan, meh. He was neither as shit as some people suggested nor as good as Con would have liked to believe, but he doesn't add much to the squad and we're brimming with midfielders. Right time for him to go.

I won't go into detail but he's a creative midfielder who amassed an incredible one assist and no goals all season. In addition to failing to fulfil his primary purpose he also fairly regularly gave away possession unnecessarily, got dribbled around, failed to pressure players with the ball and seemed to take being dropped very poorly.

What reason would you suggest for why Delph is seemingly integral to PL's plans and Bannan is being sold to the first bidder? Has he lost the plot or what?

He didn't really give away possession unnecessarily. His ball retention was quite good I thought. Bannan had one diabolical game against Liverpool, but I remember at the start of the season, Delph was piss poor which is why I said Bannan was no worse than Delph throughout the season. I agree that Bannan should've been dropped at the end of the season, in the same way I believe Delph should've been dropped at the start.

I'm not sure why Bannan is being sold, he must have had a falling out with Lambert. Say what you want about Bannan, but he is still good enough to be a good squad player for us and it was telling that he was left out of all the pre season games, but yet players like Clark and Herd haven't been. 

Bannan was decent for a large part of the season but his form dropped off towards the end of the season which led to him being dropped.

No he was poor from the start of the season and lost his place because he didn't get any better and we found other options.

I obviously disagree. He played poorly against Everton(but who didn't) but responded well in playing very well against Newcastle and Swansea.

I'm not sure why Bannan is being sold, he must have had a falling out with Lambert. Say what you want about Bannan, but he is still good enough to be a good squad player for us and it was telling that he was left out of all the pre season games, but yet players like Clark and Herd haven't been. 

Well seemingly Lambert doesn't seem to think he is good enough to be a good squad player for us.

Meanwhile no PL club seem to want him for their squads, not even the ones that have been promoted including one with a manager that has previously had him as a player.

So no, it seems he isn't good enough to be a good squad player for us which is why he is heading to the Championship.

As for it being telling he was left out of the pre-season games while players like Clark were included, er yes because Bannan isn't wanted and Clark and Herd are.

Delph isnt a creative midfielder though

Compared to Bannan he is!

How is bannan a creative midfielder?

Just how many goals has he created exactly

Just how and where have I referred to him as one, exactly?