Barry Bannan

villianusa

Cant believe this shit is still going on.......

Bannan failed to live up to all the hype. Pretending otherwise is like thinking we had a successful season. 

Believe me. this shit is hilarious, jump on the bandwagon & join in the fun.....................Everyone :)

LOL

Steven Ireland must wish he was scottish!

Cant believe this shit is still going on.......

Bannan failed to live up to all the hype. Pretending otherwise is like thinking we had a successful season. 

Believe me. this shit is hilarious, jump on the bandwagon & join in the fun.....................Everyone :)

LOL

Steven Ireland must wish he was scottish!

You mean he isn't? ;)

I don't think he's ever gonna give you tackling and physical presence. I don't think it's a necessity in midfield. If you're looking for that from Bannan, you don't understand the type of player he is, and you don't understand football.

I don't think a single person thinks he will but then when you've got someone trying to praise him for not giving away fouls it is a relevant thing to question.

So far we've established Bannan doesn't tackle, doesn't have a physical presence, doesn't get assists and doesn't score goals.

Doesn't seem to have much going for him really.

I'm not backing Bannan, on his attacking record. I am pointing out that the statement that he gives away fouls was quite reasonably answered by Con. You can't come back then and say, 'ah yes but that's because he doesn't tackle' lol.

The bottom line then is you don't back Bannans attacking play & you then state that he is never going to give you tackling & physical presence either?

Forgive me, but what type of player does that add upto then & what does he bring to the table then to justify selection?

As according to you I don't understand football or understand Bannan please enlighten us with your unparallelled footballing technical genius & appraisal as to what this magic ingredient & enigma is & what the rest of us alleged footballing ignoramuses are missing?

Where do I start with this one? I'm not saying Bannan deserves a place in the team. I'm saying there are plenty of sticks to beat him with but if you're having a go at his defensive attributes, you either don't understand football or you're trolling Con. I think most of you are trolling Con, I think that's pretty pathetic. Grow up.

I don't think he's ever gonna give you tackling and physical presence. I don't think it's a necessity in midfield. If you're looking for that from Bannan, you don't understand the type of player he is, and you don't understand football.

I don't think a single person thinks he will but then when you've got someone trying to praise him for not giving away fouls it is a relevant thing to question.

So far we've established Bannan doesn't tackle, doesn't have a physical presence, doesn't get assists and doesn't score goals.

I'm not backing Bannan, on his attacking record. I am pointing out that the statement that he gives away fouls was quite reasonably answered by Con. You can't come back then and say, 'ah yes but that's because he doesn't tackle' lol.

The bottom line then is you don't back Bannans attacking play & you then state that he is never going to give you tackling & physical presence either?

Forgive me, but what type of player does that add upto then & what does he bring to the table then to justify selection?

As according to you I don't understand football or understand Bannan please enlighten us with your unparallelled footballing technical genius & appraisal as to what this magic ingredient & enigma is & what the rest of us alleged footballing ignoramuses are missing?

Where do I start with this one? I'm not saying Bannan deserves a place in the team. I'm saying there are plenty of sticks to beat him with but if you're having a go at his defensive attributes, you either don't understand football or you're trolling Con. I think most of you are trolling Con, I think that's pretty pathetic. Grow up.

tumblr_lsjshwbzSZ1qct10v.gif

• Like 1

Football's a physical game so if you play in midfield at the top level you have to offer something physical unless you're really really good like Messi. Bannan offers zero physically apart from giving away pointless and dangerous free kicks.

You are making up statistics. This is the problem with the Bannan criticism. It's constructed out of thin air and innate bias against a player they don't understand.

Bannan didn't give away many "pointless and dangerous free kicks."

He committed only EIGHT fouls the entire season in 18 starts.

Only Jordan Bowery and Simon Dawkins had a lower fouls per game rate. http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/24

Unbelievable.

He certainly didn't give away many fouls then. Obviously if all eight were dangerous and pointless the point would stand, I haven't seen a stat for that but anecdotally I'd have to say Bannan didn't seem to be particularly bad in that area.

I don't think the only midfielders that can afford to attack whilst being weak defensively need to be as good as Messi, certainly not in a 3 as we play. Not even if they play in a deep role. That said, I'd have played Bannan farther forward. Nonetheless he should have had more of an attacking influence on the game than he did, 1 assist? Not good enough.

Reasoned debate. No trolling. No dismissive gif's. better forum.

If you think people opposing Con are trolling then seriously you must think Con is, numerous time he has said Bannan was best man on the pitch or one of best players in the squad and even said he is going to be world class.

Con throws stats around that help him with his argument but then when people use stats for their argument he says they're irrelevant, this isn't going anywhere lets hope he moves on soon so he can get regular football and this farce can end.

• Like 1

tumblr_lsjshwbzSZ1qct10v.gif

This gif is **** ace!

Bannan is a good player with a lot of limitations! If you build your play around him he can be a very good performer, but to do that you have to prove you are worthy of it, he has yet to do that! People talk about too many hollywood balls which is true, but he is actually very good at them and just need to pick and chose his moments better.  He is easily the best passer we have in our squad. He works hard too, but he needs to learn to box clever and draw fouls and add some petrov esque spoiler tactics! At this point it makes sense to send on loan or on his way, as the only way he will develop those qualities is through first team football which I can't see him getting enough of here!