Barry Bannan

villianusa

I'm not saying he never gets his passing on target. I do accept he has games when his incisive passing is incisively to the opposition. Why I say it in that way is because that's different to just random bad passing. He thinks out his passing.

Again, no-one has accused him of not thinking about his pass. They've accused him of not being capable of making the passes that he attempts. Which goes back to your 'when he [finally] gets it decisively on target'. 'He never will' is the general concensus on here and now seemingly at Villa too. His passes suggest his faith in himself outshines his actual ability. Which is a dangerous combination in the Premier League.

A measure of his performance is that the team was more successful when he played than when he didn't, so far from 'costing' Villa, last season Bannan was a bonus.

I'd suggest he was maybe used in the lesser games against the poorer sides, skewing his value in games we were more likely to win anyway. But that's neither here nor there. Fact is we both agree his passing has the tendency to go awry and as well as that he's now looking for alternative employment.

I've already shown that was not true, and you really shouldn't need me to post this because you can check yourself. The fact you're not suggests you've already made your mind up and the facts should fit your bias.

Bannan was started in a lot of big games, some middle ones and lesser ones. Win over Liverpool, loss to Chelsea, draw against Arsenal, last minute loss to Man Utd, loss to Man City. That's 5 of the 18 starts.

Lets not forget his amazing 0 goals 1 assist.

Yeah, but remember that time he hit the post from 6 yards?

Or that 3 yard pass against Liverpool. I think he pointed while he was passing too. Or, you know, keeping his balance. But still!

The fact you're not suggests you've already made your mind up and the facts should fit your bias.

Your choice of words suggests an intolerance of a view you don't agree with. A 'bias' implies I've some kind of prejudice against the guy. I don't. It's not the same as having an informed opinion of him. That my opinion is matched by most people on the board is neither here nor there. I mention it only to back up my claim that I don't have a bias. My mind is made up though and I did it based on his performances. So has Paul Lambert, which should be telling too. Anyway, if this thread has taught us anything, it's that we'll just go around in a circle, so let's agree to disagree and hope he doesn't fall too far down the ladder.
  • Like 1

He's got talent. You don't get fellow professionals calling you the Scottish Iniesta for no reason.

The Iniesta comment was made 3 or 4 years ago. What has he done since then? Nothing. What has Iniesta done since then?

Seriously, drop the Iniesta comparative because it is obvious he isn't even 1/100th of the player Iniesta is and only a truly clueless idiot would continue to quote it in some pathetic attempt to convince someone.

He's got talent. You don't get fellow professionals calling you the Scottish Iniesta for no reason.

The Iniesta comment was made 3 or 4 years ago. What has he done since then? Nothing. What has Iniesta done since then?

Seriously, drop the Iniesta comparative because it is obvious he isn't even 1/100th of the player Iniesta is and only a truly clueless idiot would continue to quote it in some pathetic attempt to convince someone.

Not true - Barca fans are demanding their presidents head if they don't swoop & break the bank  for Banniesta soon.

They swear he will be the difference on the bench in the `el classico`.

Bannan is definitely World Class at Bench warming.

You want evidence?

Here are the judges marks out of 10 for Bench Warming Skills from 13 Countries across Europe.

From Italy................noi punteggio merda bannan dieci punti

From Spain............marcamos la mierda bannan diez puntos

From Ireland...........scór againn cac Bannan deich pointí            (NB* I think we all know what the cac means ;) )   

From Holland........  Wij noteren shit bannan tien punten

From Germany......wir kerben Scheiße bannan zehn Punkte ein

From France........nous marquons la merde bannan dix points

From Portugal......marcamos a merda bannan dez pontos

From Estonia.......Me punkte pask bannan kümme

From Russia........мы выигрываем дерьмо bannan десять пунктов

From Finland.......Pistemäärä paskaa Seppo kymmenen pistettä

From Greece.......Εμείς βαθμούς σκατά bannan δέκα

From Swansea & Cardiff....rydym yn sgorio cachu bannan deg pwynt    (representing Wales)

From Swedenl........Vi poäng skit Markus tio                              ( & what about skit VT Boys? :P  bet you know what that means too)

So there we have it Con.........Official unadulterated proof that no one gets more splinters in their arse than `Wee Barry Bannan`

For further concrete results & information check out El Hoofo Heat Mappo Charto El. Giffo a la el Conno ;) 

Bannan was started in a lot of big games, some middle ones and lesser ones. Win over Liverpool, loss to Chelsea, draw against Arsenal, last minute loss to Man Utd, loss to Man City. That's 5 of the 18 starts.

Er.. no he didn't. In fact he came on as a sub at 2-2 and we conceded the winner some 30 seconds later.

So you are wrong on this one as I rather suspect you are on quite a few more of these little facts you trot out. One day I might just start checking a few of them as I suspect I might find a few more that aren't right.

Er.. no he didn't. In fact he came on as a sub at 2-2 and we conceded the winner some 30 seconds later.

So you are wrong on this one as I rather suspect you are on quite a few more of these little facts you trot out. One day I might just start checking a few of them as I suspect I might find a few more that aren't right.

Re-writing history now are we? Delph came on as sub for Bannan, and the winner was conceded 30 seconds later.

Unbelievable.

Re-writing history now are we? Delph came on as sub for Bannan, and the winner was conceded 30 seconds later.

Unbelievable.

Actually, hands up I'm wrong on that one having checked. I blame reading this thread for the damage to my brain :(

Unbelievable.

Actually, hands up I'm wrong on that one having checked. I blame reading this thread for the damage to my brain :(

BOF? - No Poster is ever wrong on VT.

If Bannan had of stayed on the pitch instead of being substituted it would have been 5-2 to Manure instead & even Con's own hoof charts prove this.

Unbelievable ;):)

I can't believe Swansea are offering 6 mill for Shelvey when they could have Bannan at the same price

The heat maps and all the stats suggest he's value for money

They can get Bannan for much less than that.

Unbelievable.

If nobody has come in for Bannan by August the England vs Scotland game will be a shop window for him. After his performance in the surprise Scottish win over Croatia he should get to start that game.

I can't believe Swansea are offering 6 mill for Shelvey when they could have Bannan at the same price

The heat maps and all the stats suggest he's value for money

After his performance in the surprise Scottish win over Croatia he should get to start that game.

After watching this game I can honestly say I would be surprised if he played at all. Terrible performance from him though an excellent result for Scotland.

Lucky mascot?

Do the other 10 players play extra hard knowing that they've got Bannan in the team?

It's funny how the team always wins yet Bannan plays badly - or so they say. Hmm.

I suspect he is an overall positive influence who raises the game of everyone around him because they like him in the team.

That's why his fellow pros called him the Scottish Iniesta. It was probably an exaggeration but they want him in the team.

Lucky mascot?

Do the other 10 players play extra hard knowing that they've got Bannan in the team?

It's funny how the team always wins yet Bannan plays badly - or so they say. Hmm.

I suspect he is an overall positive influence who raises the game of everyone around him because they like him in the team.

That's why his fellow pros called him the Scottish Iniesta. It was probably an exaggeration but they want him in the team.

Or maybe they raise there game when he's in the team because they know they have to carry him?