Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

ashley young should be welcomed back warmly - that bloke worked his **** bollocks off for aston villa - the guy goes with my blessing to try and achieve something we may never will. Downing is a treacherous toss pot - one good season - bloody hell - what a rocket polisher - who the **** does he think he is? saying he'd stay if we went down and then turning faster than usain bolt with the shits - i hope he has a shit career

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** cripple the word removed, Stan.

Thats a bit over the top.

What did you expext anyway, there is no loyalty in football. He said he wanted to stay, bigger club has since come in, so he's moved on, can't really argue with that, and we've got good money for him.

He was one of only a few that did well last year, stood up when we needed him most, which can't be said for some of the other senior players.

He left his 'boyhood club' (Boro) for us ...

so lets not overdo the Downing abuse.

End of the day he's left a club (us) that are in a regression / bit of a shambles / mess state - far from the club he signed to initially for - and has gone to Liverpool -for what is pretty silly money.

Our frustrations of selling EVERY best player we have going should be more directed at board not at players who leave for better things.

He left his 'boyhood club' (Boro) for us ...

so lets not overdo the Downing abuse.

End of the day he's left a club (us) that are in a regression / bit of a shambles / mess state - far from the club he signed to initially for - and has gone to Liverpool -for what is pretty silly money.

Our frustrations of selling EVERY best player we have going should be more directed at board not at players who leave for better things.

Unfortunately this is spot on. He joined a club that was very much on the up and in his first season that proved to still be the case. He leaves one that was still in the mix for relegation with a couple of games to go last season.

"When I wanted to come to Liverpool, it was the first thing I thought of - playing at Anfield in front of those great fans." Was it really that bad playing in front of our fans who named him player of the year? Nob.

to be fair, our fans dont cover themselves in glory a lot of the time. i sure players are sick of being booed

not that it's not deserved, but after a few games of that the players would probably start thinking "**** them, im out of here" instead of "im gonna do everything i can for these fans"

To be fair, the Liverpool fans hardly covered themselves in glory during the whole Roy Hodgson reign. Booing and chants.

They were booed off following a draw at Anfield a few seasons ago when top of the league. Great fans.

im sorry but thats horseshit - you dont conduct an interview with newspaper (a) saying you are more than happy and you'd sit down and discuss a contract renewall and then give alternative interview to newspaper (B) a paper in the northeast saying the complete polar opposite. It makes you look like a clearing in the woods. Where's his respect? the club signed him on one leg and he said the same - its a disgrace that he has left the way he has and not shown any empathy towards the fans or the club

I think villa v liverpool would be a game Hogg could deffinitely do a job for us in :winkold:

Weren't Liverpool one of the clubs who backed out of signing Downing once he got the injury?

Because he still owes us a debt. As I said, I hope Petrov finishes the job.

How does he owe us debt? We got an extra 8M from him, he was partly the reason why we weren't relegated last season and thanks to his goal against Liverpool he boosted us to 9th on the final day that gave us extra money and a respectable finish.

I've never really rated him nor do I miss him, but credit where's it's due.

I've always liked Stan, but never really thought he will go down as a Villa legend. Finish the job on Downing though and he just might. :)

How does he owe us debt? We got an extra 8M from him, he was partly the reason why we weren't relegated last season and thanks to his goal against Liverpool he boosted us to 9th on the final day that gave us extra money and a respectable finish.

I've never really rated him nor do I miss him, but credit where's it's due.

We were the only team that still had faith in him and paid 12m when he was on crutches. We paid his wages for half a season while he couldn't walk. He then had a shit second half of season.

He did well last year and at the first sight of another club he hands in a transfer request, not even to mention how disrespectful that photo was.

Look at Young. He could have easily done the same last year when he had two years on his contract. It was well known that Utd were sniffing round then too aswell as Liverpool. He never said anything bad about the club and always treated the club and fans with respect. Ash stuck for another year and always said he would wait until end of year to see what happened.

Â