Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stephen1martin Stephen Martin

#LFC have paid £18.5 million for Downing but also allowing Villa to consider one loan agreement and to speak to two players about a move.

Wouldn't shock me if that's true.

who've they got that'd fit in though?

the greek might do a job at the back... what about agger/skrtl, how are they fixed in the pool squad these days? both would be fine additions but dont know if they'd sell

as for a loan, who could that be? is there anyone at all in their squad that'd be beneficial for us to have on loan? they'd hardly let us have henderson would they? :lol:

speaking to a few liverpool fans we reckon it might be Kyrgiakos as one of the potential signings. he played for mcleish in his last season for rangers, and would be one of those allowed to leave pool

speaking to a few liverpool fans we reckon it might be Kyrgiakos as one of the potential signings. he played for mcleish in his last season for rangers, and would be one of those allowed to leave pool

Its typical of Liverpool fans that they think we would want him!

seems a realistic one though. low cost, low wages, solid enough player thought relatively highly of by liverpool fans as a guy who'll put in a shift when needed. ticks the boxes if we're looking for back up in defence

the more thought i give it the more i reckon the two players we're interested in signing on transfers are probably kyrgiakos and poulsen (if parker doesnt happen). neither are great players, but they'd be available for relatively little, and would fit in with our apparently budget cuts

the loan, i reckon, could be ngog. mcleish has made it clear he doesnt want him on a permanant basis, but if we're planning on offloading heskey and sending fonz off on loan for a season, he'd be a risk free, low cost back up who we wouldnt be stuck with on the books.

all completely baseless speculation on my behalf, but theyre the 3 that would make most sense

we cant afford cole's wages, so it won't be him

seems a realistic one though. low cost, low wages, solid enough player thought relatively highly of by liverpool fans as a guy who'll put in a shift when needed. ticks the boxes if we're looking for back up in defence

the more thought i give it the more i reckon the two players we're interested in signing on transfers are probably kyrgiakos and poulsen (if parker doesnt happen). neither are great players, but they'd be available for relatively little, and would fit in with our apparently budget cuts

the loan, i reckon, could be ngog. mcleish has made it clear he doesnt want him on a permanant basis, but if we're planning on offloading heskey and sending fonz off on loan for a season, he'd be a risk free, low cost back up who we wouldnt be stuck with on the books.

all completely baseless speculation on my behalf, but theyre the 3 that would make most sense

we cant afford cole's wages, so it won't be him

Ngog would be the last straw this close season!

I could see Cole though. Wages can be assisted if it suited both parties.

In saying that i never want to see anothet loan here unless there is a set fee involved.

Â