Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems Huge bid came in today for him. Far bigger than what's been touted.

I think you'll find McCleish will intimate the bid sealed the deal - NOT Downing's transfer request. That just made it more tempting.

Will be interesting to see what AM says about all this.

I think you'll find McCleish will intimate the bid sealed the deal - NOT Downing's transfer request. That just made it more tempting.

Julie, what's your source for this?

Is it just twitter rumour?

Right, I've got it!

If I start a facebook group and get a couple of bedsheets out and a sharpie marker, we'll head down DJ Stewart Downing's residence and have a good old protest!!

I really, really, really hope Roy Keane comes out of retirement and breaks both Downing's legs so he never plays football again. Judas word removed

Delph is just as bad a tackler :D

Apparently it's £18.5 rising to £20m with add ons.

Julie you seem quite knowledgeable regarding Villa, do you or your sources have any info regarding players coming in?

No I don't know who we are signing Apart from the obvious links that you've all heard about Given, Parker, N'Zogbia.

I do know some who tweet and text who do have links to the club, but then again they said we were signing Moyes as manager

until things changed. So I take it with a pinch of salt.

Mat Kendrick is pretty reliable but he doesn't ALWAYS get it right neither.

Something has changed today for definite and it wasn't Downing submitting a transfer request because he had been told

it wouldn't make any difference.

Apparently it's £18.5 rising to £20m with add ons.

Not very much more than £15M though is it really? Don't forget they advertised they were going to spend £100M

the idiots and spent £20M on Henderson?!!!

So the fee for Downing agreed is less??!!... I think not!

Have Liverpool said how much the fee is at all? Liverpool who had to pay how much to get Andy Carroll off Newcastle?

Julie you seem quite knowledgeable regarding Villa, do you or your sources have any info regarding players coming in?

No I don't know who we are signing Apart from the obvious links that you've all heard about Given, Parker, N'Zogbia.

I do know some who tweet and text who do have links to the club, but then again they said we were signing Moyes as manager

until things changed. So I take it with a pinch of salt.

Mat Kendrick is pretty reliable but he doesn't ALWAYS get it right neither.

Something has changed today for definite and it wasn't Downing submitting a transfer request because he had been told

it wouldn't make any difference.

So what makes you say that a much bigger offer than, say, £20m has come in. Just a feeling???

Â