Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

I just knew u were gonna quote my post mate! :lol:

I maintain that N'Zog is the better player. Not to mention he would be more commited. Downing out and N'Zogbia in would improve us. And we would have some money left over.

And no way will cissokho be coming here

Rather stick with Downing mate...Funny how Liverpool have switched their attentions from N'Zogbia to Downing to Lennon.

N'Zogbia is a good player and did well at the back end of Wigan's season..But he isnt as good as Downing is with the team around him. Look how well Albrighton and Downing connect..

Cissokho is the kind of player we should be making noises about if the board are as ambitious as they say they are. Slap a 15m bid on the table and make some f'in noise. Cissokho is Makoun's best mate and could consider the move to link up with him again.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just starting to feel like i completely couldnt care less who comes and goes now. I'm getting sick of footballers and im getting sick of hearing about the champions league.

Wish they'd just make a European Super League so everyone can just **** off to that and give us football back. Where winning a trophy is more important then finishing 4th, and building a squad is more attractive then jumping ship at the first opportunity, and a bit of loyalty would be nice but think thats gone for good.

This

Im not even sure hes that bothered P3te.

Not getting paid to play for England is he :winkold:

if he doesnt play for england he cant demand international wages or raise his profile even higher though

ideal scenario for us is we tell downing to sit down and shut the **** up, move him to the reserves if he doesnt wanna play and wait til he comes crawling back to fight for his place. fingers crossed he'd have a belter of a season, a brilliant euros, and we bend whoever wants to buy over a barrel in terms of transfer fee

everyone's happy

apart from liverpool

I just knew u were gonna quote my post mate! :lol:

I maintain that N'Zog is the better player. Not to mention he would be more commited. Downing out and N'Zogbia in would improve us. And we would have some money left over.

And no way will cissokho be coming here

Rather stick with Downing mate...Funny how Liverpool have switched their attentions from N'Zogbia to Downing to Lennon.

N'Zogbia is a good player and did well at the back end of Wigan's season..But he isnt as good as Downing is with the team around him. Look how well Albrighton and Downing connect..

Cissokho is the kind of player we should be making noises about if the board are as ambitious as they say they are. Slap a 15m bid on the table and make some f'in noise. Cissokho is Makoun's best mate and could consider the move to link up with him again.

Wasnt aware Liverpool were interested in N'Zogbia. Not that it matters like, kenny is obviously buying English atm so Downing or Lennon were always going to be the more likely. I think kennys strategy will now be to try and unsettle Lennon and see who he can get the best price for either Downing or Lennon.

You mention Downing and Albightin connecting. Thats normally just a case of a winger coming in from the other flank and getting on the end of a cross. Happened a few times last season but nothing spectacular. N'Zogbia is just as capable. Also, put N'Zogbia in a better team and he will undoubtebly be a better player. The stats on the last page sort of point to this. Yes Downing had a good season last year, but he only stood out because the rest were largely shite imo.

And Cissokho...it aint gonna happen mate. Hes already at a CL club and if he leaves there it will be for another one, not here. If were gonna spunk 15m on a FB, we should spunk it all over Kyle Walker. I think Spurs would sell at that price, and no doubt Walker would want to join.

I think kennys strategy will now be to try and unsettle Lennon and see who he can get the best price for either Downing or Lennon.

Not sure about this.

They have one player that is a shoe in - Kuyt - and plays on the right. Therefore they really need a left winger. I am not sure Lennon can play on the LW. Stewie obviously can.

I think kennys strategy will now be to try and unsettle Lennon and see who he can get the best price for either Downing or Lennon.

Not sure about this.

They have one player that is a shoe in - Kuyt - and plays on the right. Therefore they really need a left winger. I am not sure Lennon can play on the LW. Stewie obviously can.

Can lennon play on the RW?

Never rated him

If N'Zogbia was a better player than Downing

A. He wouldnt be being touted around for 9-10m

B. Man Utd and the other big boys would be sniffing around instead of paying double for our wingers surely?

Im not even sure hes that bothered P3te.

Not getting paid to play for England is he :winkold:

if he doesnt play for england he cant demand international wages or raise his profile even higher though

ideal scenario for us is we tell downing to sit down and shut the **** up, move him to the reserves if he doesnt wanna play and wait til he comes crawling back to fight for his place. fingers crossed he'd have a belter of a season, a brilliant euros, and we bend whoever wants to buy over a barrel in terms of transfer fee

everyone's happy

apart from liverpool

Thats the scenario that was supposed to happen with Barry

But it didnt. :winkold:

To be honest I think next summer for Downing will involve much the same as this summer....in Ibiza rubbing oil into Andy Carrolls back by day, and getting pissed with him by night

Not sure about this.

I think the writings on the wall for Kuyt tbh. Kenny will be looking to play Suarez and Downing/Lennon on the wings with Carroll up front. Kuyt will play a part but not nearly as much as he has been.

Thats the scenario that was supposed to happen with Barry

But it didnt. :winkold:

To be honest I think next summer for Downing will involve much the same as this summer....in Ibiza rubbing oil into Andy Carrolls back by day, and getting pissed with him by night

with barry we got another year out of him and still got £12m

i think we did quite well all things considered

B. Man Utd and the other big boys would be sniffing around instead of paying double for our wingers surely?

Add 6-10 million to that for the English Player premium... that argument is flawed. 8)

I swear I read an article yesterday saying his agent was in talks with AVFC about a contract extension and that he liked the fact AM was trying to hold on to him.

Could have sworn it was even on the official site. Does anyone know what I've read and have a link to it again please?

I swear I read an article yesterday saying his agent was in talks with AVFC about a contract extension and that he liked the fact AM was trying to hold on to him.

Could have sworn it was even on the official site. Does anyone know what I've read and have a link to it again please?

Not heard anything about that.

To be honest, his quotes mean nothing to me now; he could just come out next week and hold a Liverpool scarf in a pub :)

Haven't heard anything like that tbh mate. If he did it's only because the club after him have pulled out.

He has 1 year left on his contract.

He plays for Wigan, bigger clubs tend to sell for more. No offence to Wigan there.

He has a attitude problem.

Downing is English which means he will always cost more.

He has 1 year left on his contract.

He plays for Wigan, bigger clubs tend to sell for more. No offence to Wigan there.

He has a attitude problem.

Downing is English which means he will always cost more.

Exactly. Spuds signed VdV for £8m last year. Therefore Ash must be twice the player that VdV is and Henderson must be better than both??

Interesting!

Just found this which is interesting for a few reasons

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/6xnuwhl

Liverpool chief insists club won't be held to ransom over Downing and Adam

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:34 PM on 30th June 2011

John W Henry has warned that Liverpool will not be held to ransom this summer as they attempt to bolster Kenny Dalglish's squad.

The club still intend to sign Aston Villa's Stewart Downing and Blackpool captain Charlie Adam but the inflated prices on British players means they may look abroad for other targets. They will also have to offload some players.

In demand: Liverpool are interested in Villa's Downing and Blackpool's Adam

Henry, principal owner of the club's American backers Fenway Sports Group, said: 'We are determined to build. As long as we stay within the parameters UEFA have set under their Financial Fair Play rules, we will have flexibility.'

Midfielder Alberto Aquilani, written off as a £17million misfit, is ready to resume his Anfield career after being on loan at Juventus.

'I return to Liverpool with great enthusiasm,' Aquilani, 26, said. 'This is not a problem.'

1. It shows we must be playing hard ball over SD which is great.

2. It baffles me how Liverpool would think we would be in the slightest bit concerned at their refusal to pay the going rate for a current England international.. Fine! he can stay here then :?

3. The bit about having to operate in line with the new Uefa rules is particularly interesting as this is the 1st time i have actually seen it mentioned by a "huge" club & be appearing to actually be having an effect!

Â