1. 1. What's your ethnic background?

• South Asian
    • Other
    • Arabic
    • Asian(East)
    • Mixed/Multi
    • Black
    • White

IIRC Villa did a survey and it revealed it had one of the least diverse set of supporters in the Premier League.

Then the poll results will reflect that. But the Villa survey wouldn't have foreign fans who have access various club websites all over the internet.

In any case , the foreign supporters are mostly expats belonging to the same demographic as Villa is not a global brand. You would think the clubs that market themselves actively in continents like Asia and Africa would definitely have a more diverse fan base.

But still surprising that Villa have a mostly white fan base considering Birmingham is very diverse ethnically.

I'm not sure I understand your categories. What happens if you are black and asian (e.g. Malaysian)?

Third one down

But that was my point. Some Malaysians are black. They are not mixed/multi.

There are many others in east and south-east asia which are the same. Your categories don't exactly fit.

I'm not sure I understand your categories. What happens if you are black and asian (e.g. Malaysian)?

Third one down

There are many others in east and south-east asia which are the same. Your categories don't exactly fit.

It is what you choose to call yourself , hence the poll. So they could call themselves black or Asian or mixed or something else.

The US census includes many categories which are 'ethno-racial' in nature.

Third one down

Anybody who's a black Malaysian on VT can write in to complain. I think the categories will cover most of us though!

IIRC Villa did a survey and it revealed it had one of the least diverse set of supporters in the Premier League.

Then the poll results will reflect that. But the Villa survey wouldn't have foreign fans who have access various club websites all over the internet.

In any case , the foreign supporters are mostly expats belonging to the same demographic as Villa is not a global brand. You would think the clubs that market themselves actively in continents like Asia and Africa would definitely have a more diverse fan base.

But still surprising that Villa have a mostly white fan base considering Birmingham is very diverse ethnically.

And VP itself is in a predominantly Indian/Pakistani area.

I remember once parking up in Bevington Road on my way to a game and talking to some little Asian lads playing footie in the street. They asked me who was playing that day. As they were in sight of the Villa Park floodlights I was kind of amazed that they weren't going to the match, let alone not knowing who was playing, so I asked them who they supported.

Their answer? Manchester United.

I remember once parking up in Bevington Road on my way to a game and talking to some little Asian lads playing footie in the street. They asked me who was playing that day. As they were in sight of the Villa Park floodlights I was kind of amazed that they weren't going to the match, let alone not knowing who was playing, so I asked them who they supported.

Manchester United and Liverpool are the two dominant clubs among the Asian ethnic population in UK.

glory hunters :P

Manchester United and Liverpool are the two dominant clubs among the Asian ethnic population in UK.

Well, yeah. But two minutes' walk from Villa Park???. FFS.

I think it indicates a lack of interest in football in general among Asians. The few who actually follow football follow the 'big' clubs. With the white population , football is a part of life. Loyalty and allegiance gets passed on in the family generation to generation. Rivalry between local clubs is high and groups are formed. Just doesn't happen with Asians, especially among first/second generation immigrants.

This has sort of become a pet peeve of mine. I've mentioned it before but my brother-in-laws nephews live minutes away from the ground yet have competitions to see who can 'hate the Villa more', and they're not even Blues/Albion/Wolves.. truly remarkable. I'd be surprised if you got that in Liverpool.

This has sort of become a pet peeve of mine. I've mentioned it before but my brother-in-laws nephews live minutes away from the ground yet have competitions to see who can 'hate the Villa more', and they're not even Blues/Albion/Wolves.. truly remarkable. I'd be surprised if you got that in Liverpool.

Two lads I work with, of Pakistani stock, born in Birmingham, raised in Small Heath. Support Liverpool.

Â