1. 1. What's your ethnic background?

• South Asian
    • Other
    • Arabic
    • Asian(East)
    • Mixed/Multi
    • Black
    • White

most Indians support Man Utd or Liverpool.

its because when they were growing up, they didn't have parents/uncles/elders who were into football & supported the local team.

so they didn't have someone to influence them, except for what they saw on TV. and on TV were Man Utd & Liverpool all the time.

I'm not sure I understand your categories. What happens if you are black and asian (e.g. Malaysian)?

Third one down

Wtf are you talking about? Malaysians (strictly speaking they are called Malays) are usually considered East Asian rather than black. Black usually refers to people who originate from Africa.

raised in Small Heath. Support Liverpool.
Lesser of two evils.

Possibly, but I did find it curious. When I asked why, one of them said that one of the reasons he didnt support the Pigdogs is because it used to piss him off on matchdays when his entire neighbourhood was brought to a standstill by people coming in for the game.

I did question whether the pigdogs ever got a crowd big enough for this to be a problem for him, but I can kinda see why it might annoy you. I wouldnt like to live within a mile of Villa Park for example (and that's ignoring the fact that Aston is a shithole.)

Wtf are you talking about? Malaysians (strictly speaking they are called Malays) are usually considered East Asian rather than black. Black usually refers to people who originate from Africa.

Yep, this was the point I was trying to make.

But, then, I guess you could put 1000 categories up there and not satisfy every nationality.

It's considered ethnoreligious. You can become a Jew on religious grounds solely, but there are also some ethnic dimensions to the religion. However that part of it is spectacularly complicated, it's not just a straight up 'Jewish' race, there are subdivisions of that and so on.

It's partly what causes the Jewish faith to be a bit difficult to wholly tie down, for people who have converted it's simply a faith, for people born into it it can be a helluva lot more.

Aye, but is it really a different race? What exactly differ a Jew born in America to an average white kid, or a Jew born in Israel to an average arab? Is their a distinct difference?

There are plenty of differences races of people, I don't see on what grounds that being a Jew classifies you as a different race, other than the old 'jewish blood in your veins' argument.

I could be wrong but I don't really see what could differentiate a jew from someone else on anything other than religious grounds.

It's considered ethnoreligious. You can become a Jew on religious grounds solely, but there are also some ethnic dimensions to the religion. However that part of it is spectacularly complicated, it's not just a straight up 'Jewish' race, there are subdivisions of that and so on.

It's partly what causes the Jewish faith to be a bit difficult to wholly tie down, for people who have converted it's simply a faith, for people born into it it can be a helluva lot more.

Yep , its very complicated with Jews. It depends on the sect too. Some of the more orthodox sects consider only jews descended matrilinearly to be 'true' jews. Others allow any one to convert as long as they meet the requirements.

so where's the option for South Asian please!

I have requested a mod to modify the poll.

Aye, but is it really a different race?

I don't see on what grounds that being a Jew classifies you as a different race, other than the old 'jewish blood in your veins' argument.

Ashkenazi jews have unique genetic markers to varying degrees which are rarely found among the general European population.

Visually , they are not very distinct from whites.

Aye, but is it really a different race?

I don't see on what grounds that being a Jew classifies you as a different race, other than the old 'jewish blood in your veins' argument.

Ashkenazi jews have unique genetic markers to varying degrees which are rarely found among the general European population.

Visually , they are not very distinct from whites.

Which makes me think of one of the greatest/most obscene Jewish stereotypes in movie history.

Watto. He is greedy, obsessed by money and, well, look at his nose. What the **** was Lucas thinking? /facepalm.

Â