1. 1. What's your ethnic background?

• South Asian
    • Other
    • Arabic
    • Asian(East)
    • Mixed/Multi
    • Black
    • White

Which makes me think of one of the greatest/most obscene Jewish stereotypes in movie history.

Watto. He is greedy, obsessed by money and, well, look at his nose. What the **** was Lucas thinking? /facepalm.

:? It never even occurred to me to be honest. IMV maybe he was thinking he was creating a make-believe planet full of imaginary creatures and some of them happen to be greedy hucksters.

So we have no blacks on board?

We really are racist bastards. In loads of TV shows they have the conventional 1 black person and you usually say "Heh, he's only in that because he's black"...>_>

And VP itself is in a predominantly Indian/Pakistani area.

Actually, not so much as it used to be, there's still a large Pakistani community but increasing numbers of Somalians and Easter Europeans. Aston is changing quite quickly in some ways.

Aye, but is it really a different race? What exactly differ a Jew born in America to an average white kid, or a Jew born in Israel to an average arab? Is their a distinct difference?

There are plenty of differences races of people, I don't see on what grounds that being a Jew classifies you as a different race, other than the old 'jewish blood in your veins' argument.

I could be wrong but I don't really see what could differentiate a jew from someone else on anything other than religious grounds.

There are genetic traits in some Jewish ethnicities. In some cases they are fairly obvious (as racist as it sounds, in some cases people 'look Jewish'), in others they are genetic, in others they basically are exactly the same as any other Caucasian person.

The problem is further exacerabted because the Jewish ethnicities have often crossed over with other ethnicities and diluted the genetic pool to the point that the racial characteristics have become pretty much moot in many cases.

But there do exist Jewish races. Then you just have to ask whether those disperate ethnicities are different enough to classify a different race in the more common perception of races.

Thats why they are considered an ethnoreligious group, because they defy pretty much any definition in it's entirety. The other option that more or less fits is the true definition of nation, which basically encompasses all of the above.

Â