Villatalk Vs Facebook

roonst83

Which website do you spend more time on?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which website do you spend more time on?

• Villatalk
    • Facebook

TBH old bastards like me don't really understand Facebook, but I appreciate that for young people with very busy social lives, it is the place to be.
Speaking as an old git Facebook user, I disagree.

I predict that FB will be taken over by oldsters over the next few years. De yoot will no doubt come up with something else.

yeah, i cant comment or do anything on facebook at the moment as my mom seems to enjoy putting stupid comments followed by "lol"

i'll put on my mates wall "i'll be round yours at 8, got some vodka, you get lemonade" and my mom will put "you on it again lol" on my mates wall, piss off woman! :angry:

VT....... I might click on facebook once or twice to see if friends back in brum are on.....

I can't stand stupid updates, i hate people who "like" their own comments...... my mates GF does this all the time, infact she "likes" every **** comment made....... one friend wrote "Having a bad day, friends have let me down badly, real gutted" and she "liked" the comment......

Also people giving themselves stupid nicknames.......

A couple of examples i have seen on friends walls

Gail "Keep It Real" Feeney

Steve "Spliffy" Portman

PRICKS!

This poll has made me realise how much I use VT.

I've practically read all the threads and I have to sit around waiting for new posts!

Definitely use VT more.

Yeh I'm a big "use facebook but hate a lot of things about it"

My sister likes every group she ever sees. Seriously, I'm keeping a tally. yesterday i went on at 4 pm and she'd liked 30 groupd that day. The day before it was 38. What's the **** point?

And I also hate people who post a status and then comment on it themselves.

Stevo is watching the Fifth Element

- Stevo - I particularly like Gary Oldman's performance

If you have to comment on your own status then no-one gives a shit.

This poll has made me realise how much I use VT.

I've practically read all the threads and I have to sit around waiting for new posts!

Definitely use VT more.

Loving the honesty Milfner! :lol:

I certainly get more enjoyment out of Villatalk - there's times when I find myself abosultley pissing myself laughing out loud after reading people's comments (usually based around people's puns/funny stories). I love the randomness of Off topic and how honest some fans are with their personal stories, views etc - its just great and is clearly the best villa fan site!

There's also a true sense of achievement when someone "quotes" what you've said and agrees, finds it funny or simply places a smiley symbol underneath!

I've just culled my FB friend list from 105 to 87.

I'm afraid a few VTers have bitten the dust. Nothing personal, I just found we were never actually communicated so it seemed a bit pointless.

Anybody noticed this recent change whereby all the things you mentioned in your profile "interests" got added as group pages to your friends list?

As I had about 200 bands in there I now have all their group page updates appearing on my wall.

Which I actually rather like.

Yeh I noticed that mjm. It annoys me to be honest. Some things are good, but others update so often it annoys me. Topgear posts about 10 items a day.

Plus my list of interests etc now makes no sense as some of the stuff wasn't the name of a band, so it's just matched it with the closest thing available.

Yeh I noticed that mjm. It annoys me to be honest. Some things are good, but others update so often it annoys me. Topgear posts about 10 items a day.

Plus my list of interests etc now makes no sense as some of the stuff wasn't the name of a band, so it's just matched it with the closest thing available.

Yes, that's true. I tidied it all up as part of my spring clean. So I don't get updates about Jaffa Cakes any more. :lol:

Â