The New Condem Government

bickster

I see that Duncan Smith has been sticking two figures up to Andrew Dilnot (UK Statistics Authority) with his claims today about the effects of the benefits cap.

"I have a belief I am right, " says Mr Duncan Smith (is that the real one or the parody one?)

Any why not?  He makes up lots of other things, so why expect him to rely on facts in this instance?

He's a serial and incorrigible liar, one of the most twisted and deceitful scumbags in the whole of politics.  He's beyond shame.  Nothing he says can be trusted.

Nice piece on him here.

• Like 1

I see a Tory MEP has unwisely blogged, taking IDS' lies at face value, and repeating them.

He's currently getting a proper Twitter shafting by Jonathan Portes, here.

Surely he should know better than to trust a single word Smith utters?  Not put his own credibility and reputation on the line by parroting the worthless tool?

NHS sent to begin walking the green mile today.

Reading the news and the deaths inside the NHS & labour scandal I'd say that walk was long overdue

:-) - loving the Tory spin that Tony is peddling re Labour. It's frankly quite pathetic what the Toy party and their supporters are doing, especially when closer inspection is clearly just a mud splattering attempt to continue with the killing off of the NHS that has long been the aim of most if not all Tory supporters.

The Tory party has long been the real enemy of the NHS and has proven again when in power it will do whatever it can to kill it off using whatever method that it can. It seems that IDS and crew are seemingly happy to use the "benefits claim" approach where if you say something, even though it's not true, long enough then the mud will stick. Cameron used to claim, and basically lie, that the NHS was safe under him. The reality is that he and his supporters and fellow tories (they are not always the same people) have basically caused so much damage that it probably will never return to what it was and what it should have been. But still when you have Tory BS being spouted I suppose cleaning up that deflects from any close examination of what is really happening

Hmmm funny how the Tory Gvmt start to spread the normal lies on days when things like a rise in inflation comes out. I suppose scrutiny of that and the further proof that Cameron and Gideon are screwing things up, need to be covered up in some way?

NHS sent to begin walking the green mile today.

Reading the news and the deaths inside the NHS & labour scandal I'd say that walk was long overdue

It's frankly quite pathetic what the Toy party and their supporters are doing,

Is the toy party going to get beaten in the election by the raving moshi monsters party is the burning question :)

• Like 1

Oooh look a leading supporter and lobbyist for the Tory party has been exposed as working for the Syrian rebel's. Hmmm I wonder why Dave was so keen to invest there?

Hmmm funny how the Tory Gvmt start to spread the normal lies on days when things like a rise in inflation comes out. I suppose scrutiny of that and the further proof that Cameron and Gideon are screwing things up, need to be covered up in some way?

Yeah that triple dip was a real blow for the economy wasn't it .... Oh wait

Oh well that double dip was a blow wasn't it

Oh wait ....

Oooh look a leading supporter and lobbyist for the Tory party has been exposed as working for the Syrian rebel's. Hmmm I wonder why Dave was so keen to invest there?

The freebie Heil on the plane today reckons Sam is pulling the strings on Syria !!!

• Like 1

Yeah that triple dip was a real blow for the economy wasn't it .... Oh wait

Oh well that double dip was a blow wasn't it

Oh wait ....

The freebie Heil on the plane today reckons Sam is pulling the strings on Syria !!!

:-) Oh Tony you never fail to amuse me with your silliness in attempts to deflect any scrutiny of the Tory economic "miracle" that we are supposed to be experiencing. I suppose the inflation increase didn't happen? Maybe the flat line economic growth should be rewarded with days off and parties in the street, maybe the record numbers of food banks that are now required could do the catering? I suppose the record numbers of people on zero hours contracts can help out also as they aren't exactly busy? I am sure the IMF would be there to echo all of their congratulation to Gideon and Dave (assuming they are not off on hols of course). I suppose any celebrations would have to take into account what the tobacco and drinks industry want because we can't upset their lobbying can we - don't want any politicians losing seconds jobs now do we?

We wont have to worry about policing as the cut backs mean there aren't enough anyway, so think of that as a saving, eh?

We could always rely on disposable incomes to help pay for the party, Oh wait they fell by a record amount in the first quarter of the year. Maybe the nice people who donate millions to the Tory party could pay, if only we had a way of knowing who they really were?

Edited by drat01
  • Like 1

I'm not thoroughly on board with Sarah Woollaston's opinions but I think she's being quite outstanding on this issue (the dodginess of the lobbying about public health policy) - especially with regard to her future career as a politician.

Many thousands of needlessly dead patients since 2005, warnings suppressed at the highest level (according to the independent enquiry) and despite increased spending under the last government and ring fenced spending under this one, the NHS is clearly still in dog order.

So instead of actually looking at the systemic problems and why the NHS is failing, the politically motivated from Parliament to Off Topic use it as a chance to yell and call each other names... 

...Is it any wonder it's such a mess?

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

...Is it any wonder it's such a mess?

says the man who does not even live here ............

The thing with health care and something so still so bloody good and to be proud of like the NHS, is that people will die. Private care, which lets be honest most Tories would prefer if we had a system like that, does not mean that "mistakes" wont happen nor will it mean that care will be perfect. The NHS is a massive organisation and with something so volatile and demanding there will be a need for constant improvement. No one has ever claimed it to be perfect and and something as fundamental as the right to health care should not be determined on wealth. I will agree that political influence, and you are seeing massive examples of it now with that waste of oxygen and human tissue Hunt, is probably one of the worst I have seen in the many years I have watched political figures trying to determine how to run the NHS. Massive budgets and infrastructures are needed to provide any sort of health service, be it private or centrally led, and that in turn will require components that were ever required previously to support it. But the constant undermining that the Tory party and it's supporters continue to impose on the NHS and the many many staff that do a fantastic job as part of it are probably one of the biggest causes of a lot of the problems.

I am sick of people like Hunt, the right wing media and uninformed local councillors bleating on about something that they clearly have no clue or care on. Yes the NHS needs improvements, but like anything it will always need improvements, it's not a "project" that has an end point. Impacts like benefit cuts are impacting the NHS with more people finding that they rely on services provided by it. Cuts on front lines services have an impact, drug companies driven by profits have an impact, the changing population make up as people live longer have an impact, etc etc but that does not mean that arseholes like Hunt should then be allowed to systematically kill off what is a core value of this country just for the sake of political ideology and to provide further funds for Tory party backers in the Private health care industry

^^

Can't help but feel there is something missing in that rant

If only I could think of something beginning with "Lab" who also have MP's that stand to profit with private health care bills and even started the privatisation of the NHS

• Like 1

With regards to the NHS, I think we have to face facts.

We're either going to have to pay more tax, or it's going to have to become increasingly privatised, much more so than now.

I'm not against paying more tax, if it'll mean a vastly improved NHS than can cope with the demands of the 21st century.

• Like 1

Â