The New Condem Government

bickster

I never thought much of the man but by trying to whip his MP's against voting for an EU referendum I suspect he's lost the last vestiges of support from many conservatives - me included.

When Labour screwed us over the Lisbon Teaty, Cameron had this to say:

"Gordon Brown refuses a Referendum because he believes "I know best. Your views are irrelevant. Get used to it". Make no mistake, that's the reason he refuses to give the British people a referendum on the EU constitutional treaty — he simply doesn't trust them. It's the arrogant belief that he — and only he — has the right to decide what's best for Britain's future."

How does he square telling the truth then with his anti-democratic stance now? He cosys up to Clegg (who previously called in his manifesto for an 'In or Out' public vote!), grants an AV referendum for them that few people wanted and denies the EU vote that polling consitenty shows the public do want. He's infected with the same arrogance as his Labour predecesors - and unsurprisingly Milliband opposes a referendum too.

Well f*ck you, Dave, this rejection of democracy and the will of the people is something that will come back to haunt you.

Nice to see Cameron annoying the French today ..another plus point in what has been a very good week for him

and it seems unlike Blair who always capitulated to the French Cameron secured agreement that non-euro countries would be invited to the bank rescue summit next week and also a “safeguard clause” that the eurozone would not be allowed to take any decisions on issues that affected all the EU’s 27 members.

I never thought much of the man but by trying to whip his MP's against voting for an EU referendum I suspect he's lost the last vestiges of support from many conservatives - me included.

When Labour screwed us over the Lisbon Teaty, Cameron had this to say:

"Gordon Brown refuses a Referendum because he believes "I know best. Your views are irrelevant. Get used to it". Make no mistake, that's the reason he refuses to give the British people a referendum on the EU constitutional treaty — he simply doesn't trust them. It's the arrogant belief that he — and only he — has the right to decide what's best for Britain's future."

How does he square telling the truth then with his anti-democratic stance now? He cosys up to Clegg (who previously called in his manifesto for an 'In or Out' public vote!), grants an AV referendum for them that few people wanted and denies the EU vote that polling consitenty shows the public do want. He's infected with the same arrogance as his Labour predecesors - and unsurprisingly Milliband opposes a referendum too.

Well f*ck you, Dave, this rejection of democracy and the will of the people is something that will come back to haunt you.

It will certainly come back to haunt him with the electorate along with many of his other actions over the last 18 months. I would imagine it will also comeback to haunt him with in his own ranks. As Prime Minister and leader of the Conservatives he is in his final 3 and half years.

I'm a bit surprised he's lost so much support so soon.

The coalition stuff was always going to annoy the right, I suppose. But he started with the tremendous advantage of the opposition having imploded, and still having little to say even now.

He seems to have lost the Mail, who openly refer to him as a toff, an Etonian, a Bullingdon boy, someone out of touch with their readership.

The euroscelerotics hate him. So will anyone working in the public sector. Those working in SMEs have nothing to thank him for. Polling results show that women are mostly against him, hence the recent attempts to seem a little less mouthy-male-adolescent, sadly doomed to failure.

He may well limp on until this parliament is over. More likely is that a coup will happen before then.

Given the hand he was dealt, he should have done better.

Bye Dave. Don't wait for the men in suits, throw yourself out of the window. Take Georgie Porgie with you.

More likely is that a coup will happen before then.

which coup do you think will happen first , Millibands or Camerons ?

Ed will obviously get replaced by brother Dave , but who do you see out there challenging and beating Cameron ? Fox was one possibility but he has now gone ... David Davis may fancy his chances and of course Boris believes he should be PM but would the party ..and indeed the public ever vote for him on a grand scale ?

Ed will obviously get replaced by brother Dave , but who do you see out there challenging and beating Cameron ? Fox was one possibility but he has now gone ... David Davis may fancy his chances and of course Boris believes he should be PM but would the party ..and indeed the public ever vote for him on a grand scale ?

Agreed, mostly. I can't see who would replace Cameron. In any case, it would be an incrediably stupid thing to do for the Conservative party. Should anyone launch a coup against Cameron it would come from the right wing of the party, and the British public do not want a right wing tory as PM.

Milliband, on the other hand, should never have been leader and should be replaced given the first opportunity. I don't know if Dave would go there though. And behind Ed, and indeed including Ed, there seems to be little talent for leadership in the Labour ranks. As a very slightly left-leaning centrist it is hard to find someone to cheer for in British politics these days.

Cameron's, as he's in the tougher position. He also has the more intractable internal opposition, and they seem to be girding up for a fight, though I think it will take a bit more before anyone actually mounts a challenge - we seem to be in the shadow boxing phase at present. However, the Tory party can move quickly from one phase to another, and has always been quick and ruthless at dispatching leaders who have outlived their usefulness.

I would be amazed if Dave replaced Ed. He walked away; he's not reported to be lobbying for support; his power base will therefore have diminished not increased since the election; there will be a reaction against a dynasty, though it would be stretching a point to describe the Milibands as one; and he's just too like his brother, but with a lot more blood on his hands.

The Tory succession is interesting. I never saw the attraction of Fox, slimy twerp that he is, but then (praise the Lord!) I don't have the mindset of a tory supporter. Davies seems a contender, right wing, relates to the man in the street, Mail would support him. But the tories always seem to pick someone who makes sense to them, but who no-one else can see where they came from. Who in their right mind would have chosen Cameron, Hague, IDS, that semi-Welsh nonentity whose name I can't even remember**, Major, or Thatcher? What a **** bunch. Clueless nonentities all.

Boris? Only in an election they think they will lose. Because, let's be honest, he doesn't have a single serious cell in his entire body.

**ps Howard. His name was Howard. He who has " something of the night about him".

I think the issue is now perhaps that there is no party in the country who can solve any of the major issues arising.

Tories seem to be caught up in every battle going, political, actual war and internal policy on Europe etc.

Labour are being led by a wet lettuce where many of the opposition think out punning the tories leads to some kind of victory. If that's the case throw out Ed and get Tim Vine in. He'd do a much better job.

Lib Dems......

who else is there?

It will be another hung parliament I reckon, anything else would be madness I think.

Perhaps the parties are more worried about their support than the issues at hand.

As a very slightly left-leaning centrist it is hard to find someone to cheer for in British politics these days.

She won't win any votes in parliament. And she's got freaky eyebrows. However, consider...

I'm all for pluralism in parliament and for the Greens to grow, as it were. But dude, those eyebrows?

• 3 weeks later...

Downing Street cat Larry backed despite No 10 mice

Downing Street has rebuffed calls for Larry to resign as No 10's cat after reports a mouse appeared at a recent prime ministerial dinner.

The PM was with other ministers, including Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith, when the offending creature appeared, the Daily Mail said.

No 10 brought in Larry, in February, to combat its rodent problem.

Asked whether Larry should resign, the PM's spokesman said: "Larry brings a lot of pleasure to a lot of people."

Four-year-old Larry came to Downing Street from Battersea Dogs and Cats Home and was said to have "a high chase-drive and hunting instinct", developed during his time on the streets.

A spokesman said he had also shown "a very strong predatory drive" and enjoyed playing with toy mice.

Larry's services were called upon after a large rat was seen scuttling past the door of No 10 during live television broadcasts.

In June, the prime minister told the BBC he was "a good mouser" and had caught three mice since his arrival.

The PM said he had taken a photograph on his mobile phone of a mouse in his kitchen, but at the time Larry had yet to have been allowed in that room.

He said the cat was "doing well" in his new home and although he was "not very keen on men", he had made an exception in May when he was happy to be stroked by US President Barack Obama.

Larry is not taxpayer-funded - and until a recent fundraising event, his meals were paid for by the prime minister's staff out of their own pockets.

A spokesman for the Royal Parks confirmed in September that Maisie, a cat who lives at the nearby St James' Park keeper's cottage, had struck up a close friendship with Larry.

:D

:-) - I see the Tory party followers are pretty deafening re that complete and utter idiot Theresa May. Yet another member of this awful abortion of a Gvmt who has tried to blame their own failings on others. She is a complete and utter waste of air (as are most if not all of the Gvmt) and the sooner she resigns the better

I see Louise Daphne Mensch MP neé Bagshawe has recommended that Jimmy Page, axe god of Led Zep be made a knight.

All very good that, appeals to the kids and the middle agers with Liberal Tendancies (she's good at that is Ms Publicity Seeker Bagshawe)...

Until you realise her name is now Mensch and she's married to Peter Mensch, Who he? I hear you cry!

Well Peter Mensch is a manager in the Rock Business, he looks after a couple of bands you might have heard of... the Red Hot Chilli Peppers? and Metallica? Yes thought you might of heard of them too (note, he's not that good a manager if he couldn't stop that Metallica / Lou Reed thing - **** awful!), Sorry I got distracted, yes he manages someone else too, none other than that bloke out of Led Zep, the guitarist, wassisname? Page, Jimmy Page that's it

Suspicious? Dodgy? or totally transparent!

Same old Same old really, just in a modern setting.... corrupt twunts!

:-) - I see the Tory party followers are pretty deafening re that complete and utter idiot Theresa May. Yet another member of this awful abortion of a Gvmt who has tried to blame their own failings on others. She is a complete and utter waste of air (as are most if not all of the Gvmt) and the sooner she resigns the better

Play along at home now folks ....

20tq7pc.jpg

I agree she is a waste of space. I don't like her. almost as incompitent as Ed Balls. :)

every party has them.

I see Louise Daphne Mensch MP neé Bagshawe has recommended that Jimmy Page, axe god of Led Zep be made a knight.

All very good that, appeals to the kids and the middle agers with Liberal Tendancies (she's good at that is Ms Publicity Seeker Bagshawe)...

Until you realise her name is now Mensch and she's married to Peter Mensch, Who he? I hear you cry!

Well Peter Mensch is a manager in the Rock Business, he looks after a couple of bands you might have heard of... the Red Hot Chilli Peppers? and Metallica? Yes thought you might of heard of them too (note, he's not that good a manager if he couldn't stop that Metallica / Lou Reed thing - **** awful!), Sorry I got distracted, yes he manages someone else too, none other than that bloke out of Led Zep, the guitarist, wassisname? Page, Jimmy Page that's it

Suspicious? Dodgy? or totally transparent!

Same old Same old really, just in a modern setting.... corrupt twunts!

If you're gonna knight Jimmy Page, you HAVE to do John Paul Jones and Percy as well....

Â