The New Condem Government

bickster

Can't keep up with the Tory bile of late.

Anti Terror police threaten kids planning protest against youth club closures in Cameron's constituency.

Tory poster girl doing alright.

Ancient forests under development threat, Bedroom Tax failing... there's reams of it.

Yet still the most damning story has yet to hit the press.

Hope it's being timed rather than buried.

What about the wasted money being spent on the never ending war on drugs?

They should at least stop treating drug problems on the NHS. If you're stupid enough to turn to drugs, that's your problem, not the tax payer's.

yeah, and people that smoke and drink and eat too much and drive too fast and go out and look at the big waves or end up with shagging pox or get stuck up a mountain in a tee shirt

• Like 2

What about the wasted money being spent on the never ending war on drugs?

They should at least stop treating drug problems on the NHS. If you're stupid enough to turn to drugs, that's your problem, not the tax payer's.

You sound like Peter Hitchens...

Or this guy:

1_articleimage.jpg

People addicted to hard drugs should have them prescribed on the NHS, in tandem with treatment programmes to try and wean them off, or alternatively until they die. Crime rates would fall through the floor.

Those in the supply chain however should get massive jail time, or in the case of heroin importers, life. Selling heroin is nothing but murder by slow motion.

In this scenario empathy for the addicts will be outweighed in the minds of some by the draconian and horribly right wing idea of properly punishing people, but's what would happen in AWOL Land.

• Like 2

That is a very shallow, right wing attitude to take, Ajax. Things are rarely that black and white.

I'm sorry that I don't share this ridiculous idea of legalising drugs. In my opinion not enough is being done to fight it or punish it.

That is a very shallow, right wing attitude to take, Ajax. Things are rarely that black and white.

I'm sorry that I don't share this ridiculous idea of legalising drugs. In my opinion not enough is being done to fight it or punish it.

Some very senior police officers would disagree with you. No one is saying that drugs should be freely available on the street, but if you provide those drugs through the NHS to registered drug users then there would be no need for many of them to comit crime to feed their addiction, and the organized crime that currently controls their supply would be destroyed. Its not an easy decision to make. But many people who have been fighting this curse for years do advocate this. Edited by meregreen

As much as I hate this govt and all it stands for and is doing, this was 3 years ago, wasn't it?

My mistake, it popped up on a page elsewhere. I checked the source, but not the date :blush:

Didn't the report say the number of fires has fallen 50% in the last 10 years?

Apparently it won't affect the quality of service. I think he's playing with fire with this set of ideological cuts. Pun intended. It's putting lives at risk, it's shameful.

Apparently it won't affect the quality of service. I think he's playing with fire with this set of ideological cuts. Pun intended. It's putting lives at risk, it's shameful.

But surely if there are 50% less fires, but only about 9% cut in fire engines, that sort of make sense doesn't it?

Caroline Lucas talking more sense, speaking out against the gagging bill. A further erosion to debate and democracy.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/09/lobbying-bill-indefensible-coalition-gagging?CMP=twt_gu

A politician with integerity who is in the H of C to stand up for what she believes in.

The reason (or one of them) for voter apathy is that there aren't more Lucas's out there to vote for. 

• Like 1

But surely if there are 50% less fires, but only about 9% cut in fire engines, that sort of make sense doesn't it?

Its about call out times, ability to deal with major incidents. That has to be effected by these cuts. Is it really necessary? I don't think so.

I see the BBC have Katie Hopkins on This Week discussing political issues? How can anything this annoying, right wing, attention whore says carry any weight in the real world? She won a tv show and has created some kind of media career by being a pantomime TV villain, and unashamedly whoring herself out to the tabloids. What next, John McCririck to discus gender equality in the work place?

• Like 2

I don't like the political views of celebrity wannabe Katie Hopkins.

A true tory and whilst I dislike everything she claims to believe in, the more she's in the media, the less likely those wavering voters will vote Thatcher.

I'd really really like to think she just spouts these views to be a 'shock' talking head. Unfortunately, I suspect that really is the world as she lives it in her head.

• Like 1

Â