Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Ash wont be sold, I'd put money on that.

I'd love us to use the Milner money to buy Given and a striker - then put Friedel as backup to play cup games..

.. though I know I'm dreaming :winkold:

This would be the perfect scenario for me.

Depending on who the striker would be of course :winkold:

P.S. An imposing midfielder in the Yaya Toure mould would be ok as well :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just said on SSN that Spurs are going to renew interest in Ashely Young

£16m and Bentley they can have him or £10m and Bentley and Jenas.

If we offered that deal to arry he'd shit his pants trying to get the contracts ready. Jesus hell no.

They can have Ash for 20m plus Crouch and a promise to stay out of the way to let us get Diarra from Madrid with the Milner money and Hunteelar on loan.

They can have Ash for 20m plus Crouch and a promise to stay out of the way to let us get Diarra from Madrid with the Milner money and Hunteelar on loan.
:lol: You know the window shuts on Tuesday evening. Talk about working wonders and shiting miracles!!

We need a striker and an imposing midfielder imo (urgent needs). Our centre of midfield is pretty weak atm and with Gabby and Carew's injury concerns coupled with Heskey's lack of goals those are the positions that need filling immediately.

The General said if decisions have to be made concerning the ins and outs of the playing material then those decision would be made by the board and the caretaker manager.

At this stage where it looks more and more likely that we won't get a manager in time to buy his own players, would people trust MacDonald (and the board) to get the 'right' players in? Or is the principle of not buying players without a manager still stronger than a pressing need of said players?

(I'm taking for granted that Kev Mac doesn't get the job.)

:lol: You know the window shuts on Tuesday evening. Talk about working wonders and shiting miracles!!

I know i know i know. Just dreaming out loud.

If and only if we sell Young to Spurs either KM must be given money to sign another GK, a LB, a CM and a striker by Tuesday, which will never happen, or Spurs give us Bentley, Jenas & Keane for him.

KM needs to make some signings before the window closes as he is the man with the best knowledge of what our squad needs. We are clearly not getting a manager in before Tuesday so RL needs to trust KM to make some signings and improve the squad and whoever the new manager is will need to work with that squad until January.

Now is not the time for RL to think about cashing in on Villa's assets and not replacing them as he will soon find that he is the proud owner of a Championship club.

Jenas, Bentley and Keane are all on heavy wages at Tottenham.

I wouldn't take them if I was you, much smarter to take the money and invest in players that are on the way up and won't cost as much in wages.

If Tottenham are pushing for Young, I'd try to get Giovani in exchange.

Use the money on players like Begovic, Lustig, Annan, N'Zogbia, Toivonen in stead. Much better value.

Jenas, Bentley and Keane are all on heavy wages at Tottenham.

no more than we've got heskey on

Jenas and Bentley on slightly less, Keane on slightly more.

I'm sure Lerner would love to get Heskey off the pay roll as well though.

Villa are in real need of rebuilding the squad and lower the wages,

just a shame that the transfer market is so dead these days.

It amazes me that for so many fans the Transfer Window is seen as entertainment. Some people are more excited by transfers than they are watching the sport and are more furious when they don't get the players they want than when they see their team lose. The once great sport really has become every media companies wankfest and unfortunately too many "fans" are only too happy to gargle the load.