• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------Gabby----------------

------------Keane-------------------

-------------------Ireland----------

Downing-------Parker--------Young

So replacing three of our starting front six from this season with inferior players?

Not one of the best ideas I've heard.

In your opinion of course. So who do you think is better than our current players? Seen as you have now written off Carrick and Parer at least.

To be honest, you might be different but I care more about the team than John Carew individual stats.

You might be different but I'm quite keen to see us score lots of goals. If Carew is going to do lots of that, then great.

Yes we are different then. I prefer to see a winning team.

And you might have noticed that scoring goals is a pretty good way to achieve that.

And your ridiculously flawed statistics don't really do much to change that.

Not the only way though, hey, the key is conceeding fewer than you score, not matter how many that is. We do also keep the ball a bit better. For me Carew is a perfect imapact sub.

---------------Gabby----------------

------------Keane-------------------

-------------------Ireland----------

Downing-------Parker--------Young

So replacing three of our starting front six from this season with inferior players?

Not one of the best ideas I've heard.

In your opinion of course. So who do you think is better than our current players? Seen as you have now written off Carrick and Parer at least.

Lots of people are better than our current players.

And I think that pretty much everyone who takes even a passing interest in football has joined me in writing off Carrick after last night.

Not the only way though, hey, the key is conceeding fewer than you score, not matter how many that is. We do also keep the ball a bit better. For me Carew is a perfect imapact sub.

I agree completely. Someone we bring on when we need a goal. Not someone we try to shove out the door for a measly few million.

I agree completely. Someone we bring on when we need a goal. Not someone we try to shove out the door for a measly few million.

I can agree with that. I know Carrick has been poor but he did form the basis of a very good Manure team two years ago. As they say, form is temporary, class is permanent. I don`t particularly want him mind.

Of all the players we've been linked with thus far none have really blown me away. I'm yet to see a link and think "that's the one" I can't get excited about Keane or Jenas or Ireland, try as I might. I'm guessing it might be a long summer.

Ireland would at least be an attempt from MON that he's trying to sort out our mediocre home form and general lack of creativity.

Maybe Keane aswell but I can't get worked up about signing him either.

Getting rid of Carew would be moronic.

Just purely based on starts. (the points we would of got had Carew started every game, based on average points secured while in/out the team)

More stats:

John Carew goals 2009/2010 - 17

John Carew goals for Aston Villa - 52 in 122 games.

Question - how many strikers have better goals/game ratios over the last few years than Carew does?

:thumb:

Personally I would like to see Carew and Heskey buggar off! Heskey is a good team player, but limited. If Gabby was a 20-30 goal a season striker then fine Heskey would be fine but no. Carew's inconsistency, poor teamwork and injury problems mean his goal ratio is not good enough to justify his wages. I would like to see Carlton Cole at Villa as a replacement for one of those two looks like a complete striker to me. The other replacement is a hard one, maybe Bentley and use Young as a link striker. Get rid of Reo and Sidders and bring in Jame McCarthy, keep jimmy Milner, bring in Richards, Cline and Aureilo (available on a free) J. Cole on a free and bobs your uncle.

Well I wish it was that simple anyway. That little lot would cost around 50 million and we would do well to recoup 25 million from our unwanted players. Carew 3m, Heskey 2m, Davies 5m Young 3m, Beye 2m, Sidders 5m, Reo 4m (24m in total) and those fee's are rather optimistic.

----------------Friedel----------------

Richards-- Collins--Dunne--Warnock

---Bentley--Petrov---Milner--Cole---

-------------Young--------------------

------------------Gabby---------------

------------------Guzan------------------

-----Cline---Clark--Cuellar---Aurelio----

Albrighton--McCarthy--Delph--Downing

----------Delfounesso---Cole------------

Unfortunately I am living in fantasy land like everyone else here.

Carew's inconsistency, poor teamwork and injury problems mean his goal ratio is not good enough to justify his wages. I would like to see Carlton Cole at Villa as a replacement for one of those two looks like a complete striker to me

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Did you know:

From starts and minutes played.

So I.e, if we are winning a game 1-0, Carew comes off 60 minutes and we draw 1-1:

it'd look.....Starts: 1, GF: 1, GA: 0, PTS: 3, Minutes played: 60.

then without Carew in the side, we have scored more goals per minute (marginally, every 61 mins to every 65 minutes), conceded less goals, (conceded every 184 minutes, compared to Carew in side, 74 minutes)

and won more points average over a 38 game season (55 with Carew, 67 without Carew)

Both have played equally tough games, infact without Carew,

we have played 7 games out of 16 have been the top 8.

7 out of 22 with Carew, making the stats even in more in favour of without Carew considering we had less "easier" opposition.

There you go :)

Carew's inconsistency, poor teamwork and injury problems mean his goal ratio is not good enough to justify his wages. I would like to see Carlton Cole at Villa as a replacement for one of those two looks like a complete striker to me

:lol: The stats are posted on the same page to prove it's a crock... what was he thinking? :lol:

Carrick is possibly the worst player to play for Man United. Makes Djemba Djemba look world class

Now that is the most stupid thing i have ever read on here.

Im going to assume you dont know many Manure fans

I think they are over-exaggerating. Apparently he has been fairly poor this year but let's not get stupid about this. Before this year, he was excellent for them, Djemba-Djemba was an embaressment and not good to play in the Premiership itself. Carrick is an excellent player playing very badly.

:lol: The stats are posted on the same page to prove it's a crock... what was he thinking? :lol:

Carews goals don't justify his otherwise average-ness as a player! Cole is a late bloomer. He is faster, has better technique and a better touch than both Heskey and Carew, is strong and tall, and is capable of scoring special goals. He is a little injury prone, but in a good team with good service he will score goals I am sure, plus he is more of a lone striker like Gabby so if one up became our prefer formation, Cole would fit in perfectly.