Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I'm sure there is a striker out there....whoever it may be. We could find someone better than Carew. If Arsenal are signing Chamakh, I wouldn't mind either Eduardo or Bendtner. I'm sure in foreign countries, there are also alot of strikers.

None of the ones that are being touted (the most) so far IMO.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt take either of the arsenal lads tbh. Bendtner is absolutely awful imo, and eduardo hasnt looked a shadow of his former self since the injury... I think his head may be gone

I'd love to get Bendtner. He's only 22 with bags of PL and CL experience. More importantly he is an intelligent player, he drops deep and i have no doubt he would work brilliantly with Downing and Milner. He does make some bad misses but with 19starts and 10 sub appearences got 12 goals and 6 assists so he has goals in him.

But AW would want too much for him as he rates him highly as well.

I think Bendtner gets a really raw deal, he is pretty shit sometimes but I definitely think there is a good player there. Despiseable arrogant rocket polisher type but he would get goals I think and he offers presence and goals instead of it being a one or the other scenario like with Heskey.

I think he'd do v.well here, not that it would happen mind and not that it's exactly my first choice.

Steer v.clear of Eduardo, he's been actually attrocious since returning from injury. I live with an Arsenal fan and they really all think he's lost it.

The transfer i'd really like but that I know won't happen would be Michael Carrick. On the fringes a bit at United now, would definitely be available imo with their financial situation if a good bid came in, but without champions league I could not see him looking at us, and he might be happy to be a squaddy there anyway just for the kudos of being at United. Him and Milner in the middle would be pretty awesome for us though, I do like Petrov but I think long term we need to be looking at someone better next to Milner.

See, I think Fletcher is overrated. People have been all over him for about two seasons now. Either way Fletcher is first time and not realistic, I think Carrick will actually leave them this summer (not to us, I think he'll go back to Spurs). Just no point in us discussing Fletcher though as it's just not a goer.

i dont know if united would sell fletcher tbh

as said above carrick will probably be available for a decent price, and as i said earlier in this thread i reckon he might be a decent shout

Bendtner is shit. He needs about 20 chances to score 1 goal. he gets that at Arsenal. he wouldn't here.

I'd be pissed off if we signed him. He'll play for Bolton in the next 5 years.

Still think we could do with Tuncay. He doesn't fit in well at all at Stoke. If anything he'd be cheaper this season than last. He's exactly the type of player we don't have up front.

Still think we could do with Tuncay. He doesn't fit in well at all at Stoke. If anything he'd be cheaper this season than last. He's exactly the type of player we don't have up front.

But he's also lazy and temperamental.

He wasn't lazy at Boro. I wouldn't use his season at Stoke as being typical. It was the footballing equivalent of buying a midget for a basketball team.

I don't want him to go but is there life after Milner?

Never going to happen cause Cueller will be ahead of L.Young, Petrov is a nailed on starter but I wouldn't mind:

----------Freidal-----------

L.Young---Collins--Dunne---Warnock

A.Young--Ireland--Parker---N'Zogbia

--------Gabby---Bellamy--------

Guzan

Cueller

Downing

Petrov

Tuncay

Doyle

Carew

Gives us a bench that can make a difference as well as competition for the starting 11.

He's one of the only good strikers in the league

I think he's one of the worst. He can barely score with that midfield creating for him. He should be coasting to 20 a season in front of that lot.

BOF, With Bendtner, I'd say he prefers crosses a side being more direct, possesion football is much more difficult as you have to anticipate. I don't think he is as bad as people make out, but he did do well for Denmark in a group with Sweden and Portugal.

Then Wenger's pretty stupid to have him there if he's such a square peg in a round hole; or at least pretty stupid not to be able to utilise him properly.