Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Good shout

Doubt Wenger will let him go though and he's far too skilful for MON

Best stick to the cloggers like Young, Carew, Milner etc etc etc..... what a dumb comment - sorry but it is :winkold:

haha I was joking, because I knew someone would mention that or the fact that he's not English

But I just can't see MON being interested and ever since he broke his leg, Eduardo looks half the player he used to be. Shame really because I thought he was going to turn into a great striker.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very disappointing start to this summer's transfer speculation. No links to any player worth getting excited about at all, just a bit of vague unsubstantiated talk about the likes of Bobby Zamora and Carlton Cole. Certainly nothing to brighten up a dull day's work. Oh for the heady days of last summer's Sneijder talk!

And by the way, where the hell is this year's Diego Forlan thread? I can't find it.

I don't think eduardo likes us very much anyway. It was pretty well documented when soem of our fans sang abotu his broken. Another media smear campaign against Villa fans. Others teams fans do far worse.

My realistic Summer transfer activity would be:

In's 1. Robbie Keane- Still a class player and creative as well as a good goalscorer- £7 million,

2. Beckford- Yes unproven in Prem but looks a natural goalscorer and looked good at Man U and Spurs in Leeds cup run.- Free

3. Scott Parker- One of the best holding midfield players in Prem and would be much better at the role than Petrov- £8 mill

4. Stephen Ireland- Last season he looked world class as an attacking midfield player. This year he has been pushed out... Can see Richard Dunne pushing for this one- £9 million

Total Outlay- £24 million

Out's

1. Heskey- £2 million

2. Shorey- £2 million

3. Sidwell- £3 million

4. Harewood- Nil

5. Bouma- Nil

6. Curtis Davies- £6 million

7. Beye- £1 million

Total recoup- £14 million

Net Spend- £10 million

I'd be happy wirh that tbh. Although I think that the Scott Parker price might be optimistic and also the fact that MON will let Heskey go (We can all see that he's not needed, but it seems that MON has some strange attachment to him).

If the price was too much for Parker then maybe replace him for a cheaper, foreign option. Also - Parker will lose his value because of his age. (Maybe that chap linked at the top of this page? .. Although I know nothing about him :winkold: )

Think we will wait and see what the big spenders do and then try to raid their squad players

Chelsea, Man U, City, Spurs and Arsenal will all spend big this Summer. Liverpool may if they sell their 2 main assets too

The Race for 4th will be even harder and I don't think we will be able to compete with the sort of players those clubs will be chasing but they will all sell as well so we might get some fairly good players off them that will see their chance of 1st team football get further away.

Players like SWP, Bellemy, Jenas, Keane & Bentley I can see all being available.

Think MON will play a waiting game. But to be honest the chase for 4th is getting further away especially if Spurs get through to the group stages of the CL. They have one of the top 15 turnovers in World football now so add another £20m/£30m/£40m to that and they will crack the top 10 very quickly and with their new ground starting to be developed this Summer in 3 years time they will be getting 50k+ a week for games.

God I hate money sometimes!

Ricardo Fuller? He's scored good goals, i remember him skinning Laursen alive...

Don't wanna be biased, but he's a very skillfull and witty player on his day. A bit hit and miss though, but can certainly make a fool out of a defender and finish.

Ricardo Fuller? He's scored good goals, i remember him skinning Laursen alive...

Don't wanna be biased, but he's a very skillfull and witty player on his day. A bit hit and miss though, but can certainly make a fool out of a defender and finish.

I also like Fuller but only problem he is the wrong side of 30 by a couple of years.

I also like Fuller but only problem he is the wrong side of 30 by a couple of years.

He's only 30 - could do for a few years whilst we wait for the main targets to become available.

I hate the fact that people would start to bring up players like Fuller. In Jan, players like Kevin Davies and James Beattie were mentioned.

FFS were are trying to get into the CL, players like the above are not scoring week in week out against PL teams, so how are they going to improve us? One man that has scored well in a poor side, in his 1st season in the PL, and is young enough to grow, is Stephen Fletcher. He won't be top quality tomorrow, but a couple of years and he will be a top PL striker. I understand we have Heskey who is a donkey, thats why he needs to go and we need to replace with a striker that will make a statement of intention. Look how City got publicised at the start of the season after they made all the statements they did, yes, i know they are only as good as us at the moment, but, with their squad the way it is, it is only a matter of time a gap appears between us and them.

We need to bring in players that are going to be good enough for us to keep next season if we make the jump in to the CL, and not be in the same situation as we are in this season, where we have players that are good, and will prove they are capable of playing PL, but are just got good enough to play where we need to be playing, in the CL.

Fletcher

Richards

Ireland

Noble

Cattemole

All young, show promise, have a bit about them, and can do well. Im not saying bring them all into the 1st XI, bleed them in, and they will do well.

Fletcher

Richards

Ireland

Noble

Cattemole

All young, show promise, have a bit about them, and can do well. Im not saying bring them all into the 1st XI, bleed them in, and they will do well.

I'd add O'Hara and Kevin Prince Boateng to that list.

If we are going to lose a few squad players this summer, it's better that we replace them with better squad players.