bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hope MON waste any money on Keane or Doyle

they will just be new Heskeys

Robbie Keane is nothing like Heskey.

Other than he is past his best just like Heskey.

What was Heskey's best? :lol:

In the 2000-2001 season Heskey scored 23 goals for Liverpool as a part of a side that won the FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield, Uefa Cup and Super Cup.

His best days are a very long time ago, much like Robbie Keane.

Soccer Am. Nedum Onucha. Says Ireland, and to some extent have fallen out of favour with Mancini.

Whats the thoughts on a, albeit less athletic Micah Richards, more probably more consistent and football minded RB/CB joining (he's more in the mould of Cuellar, but more athletic) and a very attacking CM/winger for competition for Milner and Young, and even Downing

Soccer Am. Nedum Onucha. Says Ireland, and to some extent have fallen out of favour with Mancini.

Whats the thoughts on a, albeit less athletic Micah Richards, more probably more consistent and football minded RB/CB joining (he's more in the mould of Cuellar, but more athletic) and a very attacking CM/winger for competition for Milner and Young, and even Downing

I'd be happy with Richards and Ireland from City. It's fairly likely that they'll have a clear out as Mancini looks to build his own side, even Onouha wouldn't be too bad. I also think that the Bobby Zamora links this morning might have some legs, particularly if Fulham fancy swapping Curtis Davies and Luke Young. My only negative thought on that is, whilst we get a half decent forward, does it actually strengthen them more than it does us?

In the 2000-2001 season Heskey scored 23 goals for Liverpool as a part of a side that won the FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield, Uefa Cup and Super Cup.

His best days are a very long time ago, much like Robbie Keane.

Fair play, I was eleven then so didn't realise that!

I also think that the Bobby Zamora links this morning might have some legs, particularly if Fulham fancy swapping Curtis Davies and Luke Young. My only negative thought on that is, whilst we get a half decent forward, does it actually strengthen them more than it does us?

Them by about six country miles.

I also think that the Bobby Zamora links this morning might have some legs, particularly if Fulham fancy swapping Curtis Davies and Luke Young. My only negative thought on that is, whilst we get a half decent forward, does it actually strengthen them more than it does us?

Them by about six country miles.

More like 60.

KPB from pompey anyone? Would be a very good squad player and much better off the bench than Sidders. O'Neill's biggest failing in my eyes is that in 4years and 100+million he has yet to buy a squad. We have nothing on the bench. There's no doubt he has done a great job getting a lot out of what he has but has wasted so much mone on players he has never used. A club where we are needs to have 4 top strikers we have 2 and Delfouneso. Delph will be a big loss next year as we were all expecting big things, also could have given Downing a run for his mone on the left!

Ye. I'd take him. Great energy, enthusiasm, skill, eye for goal.

Does he have the attitude or personality that MoN normally looks for in a player...I'm not sure. Probably his let down

Quote me on this if you want.. I think Kevin Doyle would be our highest goalscorer next season if he joined us. And if he leaves Wolves to go another, higher placed, club I think he'll be knocking on the 20 goals door.

Quote me on this if you want.. I think Kevin Doyle would be our highest goalscorer next season if he joined us. And if he leaves Wolves to go another, higher placed, club I think he'll be knocking on the 20 goals door.

Very true. Quality, quality player IMO. Could store a lot more goals if he had good service and was in a winning team.

ITK - Wenger is looking at both Doyle and Long (Reading). Scouts have been to numerous games this season. My ITK comes from Reading as they have a sell on clause in Dayles contract and still won Long. 11.5m is a near figure for Doyle i've heard.

Very true. Quality, quality player IMO. Could store a lot more goals if he had good service and was in a winning team.

ITK - Wenger is looking at both Doyle and Long (Reading). Scouts have been to numerous games this season. My ITK comes from Reading as they have a sell on clause in Dayles contract and still won Long. 11.5m is a near figure for Doyle i've heard.

Wenger is looking at Long? WTF?!

Dont shoot the messenger. Wether it happens is the question. I've been told Long has been looked at, as well as Doyle.

Long, in all fairness, is probably better than Reading, but nowhere near good enough to play for the likes of Arsenal

Dont shoot the messenger. Wether it happens is the question. I've been told Long has been looked at, as well as Doyle.

Long, in all fairness, is probably better than Reading, but nowhere near good enough to play for the likes of Arsenal