Jez

Just when things were looking up with regards to him staying Arteta linked with his old club Barcelona to link up with his old friend and mentor, Guardiola, should Barca fail to get Fabregas.

Transfer window. End now. Please.

:bang: :cry:

Barcelona have no money. They certainly can't afford Fabregas and I'd imagine Moyes wouldn't be too keen to let Arteta go for peanuts.

Everyone was debating how Fabregas would fit in that team, and there was no really convincing way of accommodating him. If Fabregas can't get in, then Arteta won't. Although it would probably be helpful for his international career to be playing in Spain, I don't think he's be too keen to go from an icon at Everton to a benchwarmer at Barce.

Career suicide for Arteta as no chance he would start. BEst move for him if he went back to Spain is Sevilla, Valencia or Atletico. Big teams but were he would play every week to impress national team manager

I don't see much in it, other than I know him and Guardiola know each other pretty well and Arteta modelled his game on Guardiola.

That being said, that there is even talk of it is worrying, particularly with the season starting soon :(

Did you not say a few weeks ago that Arteta wants to leave for personal reasons?

Maybe he modelled his game on Guardiola but he plays nothing like him.

When he came through at Barca, Pep took him under his wing, looked after him and gave him advice, etc. Arteta wanted to play like him, cos Pep was his hero growing up. Things change over time and people progress in different ways when they move to new clubs, probably why he isn't like him now.

There was a rumour he wanted to leave for personal reasons (although nothing was confirmed) but things were changing and starting to look up, now this has come out and shook it all back up again.

I'll hold fire until I hear something more.

In other news, Liverpool's proposed new man in the boardroom wants to sign Lionel Messi :lol:

Says the Daily Fail

Did you not say a few weeks ago that Arteta wants to leave for personal reasons?

Maybe he modelled his game on Guardiola but he plays nothing like him.

When he came through at Barca, Pep took him under his wing, looked after him and gave him advice, etc. Arteta wanted to play like him, cos Pep was his hero growing up. Things change over time and people progress in different ways when they move to new clubs, probably why he isn't like him now.

There was a rumour he wanted to leave for personal reasons (although nothing was confirmed) but things were changing and starting to look up, now this has come out and shook it all back up again.

I'll hold fire until I hear something more.

In other news, Liverpool's proposed new man in the boardroom wants to sign Lionel Messi :lol:

Says the Daily Fail

You gotta love the tabloids.

There goes the price of my season ticket.

Red Bulls have signed a third designated player in Rafa Marquez to join Juan Pablo and Henry

Rafael+Marquez2.jpg

As a result of the bizzaro MLS wagecap system the club being the first to have 3 designated players has to now pay $250,000 back to the league which will be divided up amongst the other teams who don't. I expect the demand for tickets will now rocket and my season ticket will be 50% more expensive next season.

There goes the price of my season ticket.

I expect the demand for tickets will now rocket and my season ticket will be 50% more expensive next season.

You'll have a lot of fun though :nod:

And its oficial Bruno Alves signed with Zenit for 22M €

Very strange as i said before. Thought he would have went Madrid or Chelsea. From what i heard its the most modern Russian city so wouldnt be a problem to live. Also they have other Mediterranean players and manager so could be easy to settle