Jez

Hulk on the wing? I thought he was a striker.

He can play both..But I would really be surprised if they got him.. Probably thinking AVB will go after sturridge first, seemed to like him at chelsea.

Often comes in of the RW on his Left foot.. Got a such a powerful shot.

He is a wide striker. He uses the channels a lot, like Henry did at Arsenal in his pomp.

Oh, and the Fenway group have announced that Liverpool have agreed to sign Clint Dempsey. Nothing from Liverpool FC or Fulham yet though.

HUlk will flop in England, one of most overrated players in Europe

Yeah right, like you have the information to base an opinion like that. There is a reason why he is linked with the top clubs in the world you know. 13 games for Brazil and he has 39 league goals the last two seasons and he is not even a winger. He also topped the assist stats last season in Portugal.

HUlk will flop in England, one of most overrated players in Europe

Yeah right, like you have the information to base an opinion like that. There is a reason why he is linked with the top clubs in the world you know. 13 games for Brazil and he has 39 league goals the last two seasons and he is not even a winger. He also topped the assist stats last season in Portugal.

I'm not agreeing with either of you but a cautionary note on stats.

In his last season at Wigan, CNZ came second only to Messi in the "number of dribbles" stats.

Yup, that one ended well.

There are lies, damn lies, and Opta stats.

Attempted dribbles. The "attempted" is important, as it makes me look like less of a tw*t. :thumb:

Really? What the **** is an "attempted dribble" what a load of bollocks that is. Is there seriously some knob in the stands watching who "attempts a dribbily" and then writes down success rate, distance dribbled, number of players "beaten" or whatever.

For **** sake.

Yeah, you know, erm, like... those two seconds before Gabby answers questions in interviews. Note that facial expression before he speaks? He's attempting a dribble.

Damn it, I got nuthin'.

:P

Yeah, you know, erm, like... those two seconds before Gabby answers questions in interviews. Note that facial expression before he speaks? He's attempting a dribble.

Damn it, I got nuthin'.

:P

There is no attempt in that situation. Its all dribble!

:D

I thought an 'attempted dribble' was where he ultimately lost possession, whether it be from a tackle or a misplaced pass, whereas a successful dribble ended in a successful pass, shot, etc.

Or rather an 'attemped' dribble included everything, both failed and successful, whereas successful was obviously the ones that ended on his terms.