Jez

Honestly I have to laugh at people talking shit by saying they don't rate VDV. The same folk that would cream their pants tomorrow if he came to us for £8m.

This.

Although if Modric was fit I can't see where VDV would fit in, considering that Bale is much better on the wing than at fullback.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Shakhtar Donetsk from neighbours Metalurg Donetsk for around £5m.

I'll put my non-existant reputation on the line and say this kid is going to be something quite special. Armenian international (capped at all levels), captain of Metalurg at the age of 21, attacking midfielder who can thread a pass and has a very impressive goalscoring record.

Followers of the Republic of Ireland's U21 team might recognise him as the hat-trick scorer in Armenia's 4-1 decimation back in the 09/10 Euro U21 qualifiers.

Maybe Spurs are gonna turn into a total Gung-Ho team. Huddlestone holding with Lennon and Bale out wide, Modric and van der Vaart in the middle and one striker.

That'd be amazing to watch.

I can see Modric and van der Vaart being rotated. They are very similar players, but no doubt Spurs have got a good deal for 8m. I just don't think he'll have as much impact at Spurs as he would have had at other clubs. Also means Jenas has got to be pretty much **** now too. Have no idea why they didn't offload Jenas and Bentley and get them off the wage bill.

Honestly I have to laugh at people talking shit by saying they don't rate VDV. The same folk that would cream their pants tomorrow if he came to us for £8m.

I'm in the minority then. Have never seen VDV putting in a match winning performance. Snieder on the other hand is ten times the player and i would have creamed my pants if we'd signed him. No Arry is welcome to VDV and we'll keep Ash.

Could not agree more! VDV is a dream signing - end of.

Not for me and why was he let go?

Why is any player usually let go from a big team?

In the case of a big team that has just hired a new manager it is usually because of a change of direction in terms of squad requirements and bringing in his own people.

In the case of a big team that has just hired a new manager it is usually because of a change of direction in terms of squad requirements and bringing in his own people.

Yeh, of course. I meant that he couldn't get a place in the team week in week out. He plays in one of the worlds strongest midfields, so why should he sit on the bench? He could get into most European teams on his name alone. That and the fact Mourinho has his own ideas.

Just because he was let go doesn't mean anything. Robben was let go. Sneijder was let go.

Yeh, of course. I meant that he couldn't get a place in the team week in week out. He plays in one of the worlds strongest midfields, so why should he sit on the bench? He could get into most European teams on his name alone. That and the fact Mourinho has his own ideas.

Just because he was let go doesn't mean anything. Robben was let go. Sneijder was let go.

I'm sorry but i can't agree. VDV is not in the same class as either Robben, or Sneijder and i feel that Mourinho let VDV go because he wasn't good enough!

I agree with Safe Hands.

Only comparison between VDV and other 2 is they are Dutch. Robben and Sneijder are world class while VDV has struggled a lot since his breakthrough at Ajax due to hype he had as 17 year old