The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Cheers, but I have looked at that site and wasn't too convinced of how reputable it is. Wouldn't really mind last season's top if I can get it fairly cheap though, and may try buying from there if I can't find anywhere else.

...and how do you know I'm a medium? Weirdo :winkold:

St. Pauli apparently does discriminate between the bourgeoisie and proletariat (and how I'd enjoy their bourgeois seating!)

The Fan’s Attic passed along some links regarding the interesting concessions on offer in the VIP section at the Millerntor-Stadion. The stadium, nestled near the Red Light District of Hamburg, is home to St. Pauli FC, one of the quirkiest clubs in the Bundesliga. Utilizing the creativity of a local advertising agency (link’s in German), St. Pauli installed Thomas the Train’s cousin from Chicago in their VIP section for this season’s home matches.

Now, having hot sausages delivered to you without having to leave your seat is one thing, but there are two other perks provided to those in the VIP seats in the South Stand at Millerntor-Stadion.

Below the pork-packing train is a row of flat-screen TVs that show replays of the action on the pitch and underneath the seats are individual mini-kegs of beer for you to wash down your trundled goodies. That is indeed a trio of pure bliss once you ignore the increased risk of heart attack due to immobility, hot sausages, and beer.

The only reason for a person in one of these seats to leave during a match would be to hit the head, but since these are the VIPs, I’m sure there is a special potty installed with Hitler’s face for them to take aim (remember: St. Pauli does not like fascists). It appears, however, that there are only 10 such VIP seats installed thus far, so these are truly unique seats.

A corollary to this story is that Nordpol, the local agency that worked with St. Pauli on the meat train, has been spotted by other sporting clubs and now have a contract with Borussia Dortmund to develop their communications. Dortmund has the highest average home attendance in the Bundesliga, so this bit of synergy between a unique club and local business is turning into a potential money train for the latter.

Seriously, a **** train brings you sausages and there's a keg of beer under your seat... if they can provide a hooker from the red light district to provide a blowie while watching the game that may just be heaven on earth.

...and how do you know I'm a medium? Weirdo :winkold:

james-stewart_rear-window-1954.jpg

If it helps I've bought one kit from there in the past and it turned out to be genuine (I held my breath when it went into the washing machine for the first time but I've yet to have any problems). No guarantees though! :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

**** Mönchengladbach, can't close a game to save our lives. I suppose any draw with Bayern Munich's a result, but if we weren't conceding on average 3 goals a game we'd be halfway up the **** table instead of rooted firmly at the bottom. Doesn't help having your two best defenders injured, but I tell you it doesn't half put Villa's season in perspective. :(

Only positives so far are Marco Reus (Marko Marin mk.II) signing a long-term contract so if/when he does leave we won't get screwed (like with Marin), plus if/when Reus does leave we've already got Marco Reus mk.II/Marko Marin mk.III ready to go in Patrick Herrmann (joint top scorer with 3 goals, plus 3 assists for good measure).

Must win game against the scumbags from Köln *spit* coming up, they're sat one place above us in the table. ****.

'Mannschaft von Träumen' so far for me would look a bit like this:

GK - Christian Wetklo (1.FSV Mainz 05)

RB - Łukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund)

CB - Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund)

CB - Chris (Eintracht Frankfurt)

LB - Felix Bastians (SC Freiburg)

RM - Marco Reus (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

CM - Arturo Vidal (Bayer 04 Leverkusen)

LM - Lewis Holtby (1.FSV Mainz 05)

ST - Theofanis Gekas (Eintracht Frankfurt)

ST - Demba Ba (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)

ST - Papiss Demba Cissé (SC Freiburg)

If there's one thing you can rely on the Bundesliga for, it's unpredictability.

I figured it was bad form seeing as I'm kinda rooting for 'gladbach aswell. We're all in the same fight against the big boys (though I appreciate you are bigger boys than us).

Well, I've told myself I can live with relegation as long as we can drag Köln and Schalke down too. Early days, though! I'm not too sure about being "bigger boys" (ooh err, madam); maybe in a local population/historical acheivements kinda way but at least you've bloody won something in the last two decades (Bundesliga no less!). Oh, wait, we've got our Liga 2 title... :shock:

And for future reference, it wouldn't be bad form at all... had Borussia won you'd have had instant PM's and very possibly a new thread full of pictures/highlights to enjoy. :P

Incidentally, did you know that Kaiserslautern currently have on their reserve teams books one Boris Becker?

s_45657_151_2009_1.jpg

No relation apparently (for shame!), but it's definately up there with Creedence Clearwater Couto and Mark de Man as epic footballer's names. :D

Ooooohh, trouble's-a-brewing in the Köln *spit* camp...

by way of some amusing online translation"]

Fußball-Bundesligist 1. Cologne FC has suspended forward Adil Chihi (photo) from the training. The association informed of this on Tuesday. « Adil Chihi has shown a provocative radiation. This was a box on the ears for the team and the coach », said FC coach Frank Schaefer after the training, « this I cannot like, this is why I had to react thus for the purposes of the team. »

Chihi had in the morning training after a duel the ball weggeschlagen and had got in the connection with shepherd in a battle of words. Whether the 22 year-old German Moroccan stands for the federal league derby against Borussia brook Mönchenglad on Saturday in the cadre, is unclear. Shepherd had stroked the forward already against Nuremberg (1:3) from the cadre. Chihis contract in Cologne runs out at the end of the season. He let a term for the lengthening of the contract about four years pass by the last week without comment.

Scumbags, every last one of 'em.

Köln are a horrible team, especially Podolski. Did anyone see their game against Dortmund the other week? Podolski scored what he thought was his side's equaliser, and shortly after fouled Sahin. There was a heated exchange, and Podolski started to indicate '3-0' to Nuri Sahin, as Germany had beat Turkey by that score in the week. Cocky bastard.

But, fantastically, Sahin grabbed a late winner and proceeded to run back up the pitch and slide on his knees right in front of Podolski, pointing at him. Roman Weidenfeller also ran half the length of the pitch to rub it in, too :lol:

Here's a

(you don't really see Podolski's gesture to Sahin until around 3:00 in, as a replay of the incident is shown after the full-time whistle).

Awesome stuff, and Dortmund still flying high at the top! Brilliant season so far! Such a great team to watch. Sahin is world-class, and with the likes of Kagawa, Barrios etc, we're doing very well going forward. We've also conceded the least amount of goals!

Â