Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What guns you using online guys? Just unlocked the challenges so gonna try and give a gun a whirl and unlock the add-ons but which?
Famas, Galil, that assault rifle that begins with E are all great guns.

The AK74U is back <3

And the recording feature is a bit, broken. Had some great games that it literally ignores, and then it will record every game you play for the next two hours until you have another amazing one. :(

Those are the gun i'm having the most joy with too. Enfield, Galil and the AK47u, which is ideal for Nuke Town.

What guns you using online guys? Just unlocked the challenges so gonna try and give a gun a whirl and unlock the add-ons but which?

The AK74U is back <3

And the recording feature is a bit, broken. Had some great games that it literally ignores, and then it will record every game you play for the next two hours until you have another amazing one. :(

Those are the gun i'm having the most joy with too. Enfield, Galil and the AK47u, which is ideal for Nuke Town.

Galil has the least recoil of the lot, so using it on every map.

The AK74U is back <3

Galil has the least recoil of the lot, so using it on every map.

Dont know whether you'll get away with it on Nuke Town, thats maps **** carnage, AK47u for that one.

Just a little achievement i unlocked yesterday.

When at the main menu repeatedly tap RT & LT until you break your handcuffs and you are rewarded with 15G 8)

Doesnt work on teh PC version I dont think. Just keeps asking me if I want to resume game.

8)

Just a little achievement i unlocked yesterday.

When at the main menu repeatedly tap RT & LT until you break your handcuffs and you are rewarded with 15G 8)

Doesnt work on teh PC version I dont think. Just keeps asking me if I want to resume game.

8)

Yea, eventually figured it out.. but still can't figure out how ive played about 30 games now... and only 2 have saved?

Just went on a 15 kill streak there... then killed myself with my own grenade.

Hold on... reading through this thread i think i've learnt a few new things...

Have IW left Activision now and gone to EA?

If so, was it over issues with MW2? I hadn't really noticed any issues with MW2 to be honest.

And what games are they developing at EA?

Always preferred the IW versions of the game.

And yeah - still cant play this fecking game on PC. So glad I didnt go to a midnight launch!!!

Hold on... reading through this thread i think i've learnt a few new things...

Have IW left Activision now and gone to EA?

If so, was it over issues with MW2? I hadn't really noticed any issues with MW2 to be honest.

And what games are they developing at EA?

Always preferred the IW versions of the game.

And yeah - still cant play this fecking game on PC. So glad I didnt go to a midnight launch!!!

Pretty much.

It's a long, complicated and boring story. Mostly it's over control but money is involved too. Infinity Ward wanted Call of Duty 2 to be a "modern" game, Activision wouldnt let them. They were less than pleased when Activision put Treyarch on Call of Duty 3 too. They did get to make their modern game, which was COD4, but they called the game IW3 (Infinity Ward 3) and there are tons of references to it inside COD4. The same thing happened with MW2 (Infinity Ward insisting that Activision drop the Call of Duty branding, and tons of IW4 references in the game) and then there was much shit talking in the media. When MW2 shipped, Activision sacked Jason West and Vince Zampella, the main men at Infinity Ward, and it seems that most of the talent at Infinity Ward walked out in protest. They all got jobs at EA and are making a new game, which is unannounced as of yet. It's going to be an FPS though, isn't it?

If you have an hour or so to spare, listen to this.

On Activisions part, they signed up Bungie (makers of the Halo games) on a 10 year deal, so they probably arent that worried about losing Infinity Ward.

New game syndrome. I called it when MW2 came out and how everybody was finding every tiny little problem was not to their tastes and began talking about COD4 like it was a faultless game. MW2 will now be looked at with rose tinted specs.

Did PieFace just say he didn't notice any issues with MW2? Maybe i misread because I'm tired..

I never had an issues with it either...

I don't know why people seem to think the game was a buggy mess, because it wasnt. I don't recall coming across boosters, never had spawning problems, anything like that.

Funny that the two biggest critics of MW2, have probably clocked up the most game time of anyone here!

I'm not saying MW2 is the better game on the back of the back of the spawning problems this game currently suffers with either. I genuinely think its the better game of the two. No doubt the spawning problem will be sorted shortly as Treyarch have supported their games well after release, so it shouldnt be an issue for much longer.

Multiplayer on this is **** awful. As many have said, the spawn points are terrible - the amount of times ive spawned on the edge of a map thinking 'right, theres nobody behind me' only then for some **** to spawn out of nowhere and pop me in the ass....ive lost count. The guns are shite too...takes about 4 bullets to kill someone with the M14 (supposedly a powerful gun) - even though its perfectly possible for somebody with silenced mac10 to put 2 bullets in me from accross the map and kill me?!?! Then theres the recoil. **** me. Oh and flashbangs, grenades, etc are totally useless.

The ONLY thing that this does better than MW is the levelling up system and wager matches. But that is far from making up for the shedload of garbage elsewhere in the game.

How have they managed to get it so wrong from MW2?? Its like burning toast...only an idiot could do it. Well done Treyarch. Next time you buy up somebodys hard work and hope to make money off it yourself, put some decent **** effort in.

Certainly the last COD game i will buy. Its getting traded in as soon as i finish single player aswell. Just awfull.

I don't know why people seem to think the game was a buggy mess, because it wasnt. I don't recall coming across boosters, never had spawning problems, anything like that.

You never saw boosters in MW2? Blimey. At one point about 80% of all FFA games had boosters in it!

You never saw boosters in MW2? Blimey. At one point about 80% of all FFA games had boosters in it!

Only really played TDM.

Â