Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Teletext (am I the only person who still reads this?) saying that Warks still hope to get Ashley Giles and Jamie Troughton would work with him. I certainly like the sound of that. On a different note; I wonder if Warks would ever consider trying to get Kohli, who, it seems, wants to play in England. Warks don't often seem to go for such big names but, with the number of Indians in the West Mids, I would have thought it would put a few 100 on the gate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, veloman said:

Teletext (am I the only person who still reads this?) saying that Warks still hope to get Ashley Giles and Jamie Troughton would work with him. I certainly like the sound of that. On a different note; I wonder if Warks would ever consider trying to get Kohli, who, it seems, wants to play in England. Warks don't often seem to go for such big names but, with the number of Indians in the West Mids, I would have thought it would put a few 100 on the gate.

It would be amazing if we could, but chances are he'd go to Surrey, or Yorkshire. It'd be on par with getting Lara I'd say.

• Like 2

This English side is an absolute disgrace 477 in the first innings and end up losing by an innings. Easily the most embarrassing series (not losing, but the nature of the constant spineless stupid collapses ) in many a long year. Absolutely humiliating day. AGAIN.

Shambolic shit. Yes India are good and deserved to win but the nature of the defeats have been so utterly gutless they deserve to be eviscerated by the press. 

Edited by Rodders

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No excuses they were beaten by a better team. When they come here we will thrash them. That's the way it goes these days in test cricket.

Not entirely sure it will be a thrashing next time round. Kohli is re moulding the mindset and culture of Indian cricket. India have a crop of very good seamers that will keep them in the contest. England didn't have the spinners or seamers that work in these conditions.

Disgraceful few months for English cricket. We became the first major test nation to lose a test match against Bangladesh and then offered little to no fight against India.

Squad selection was amazingly poor. What on earth was Ballance doing there, let alone an ancient Gareth Batty? 

Cook surely has to resign as captain, he's overseen eight defeats in 2016. That just simply isn't good enough and Bayliss' future as coach should be called into question too. His record in tests since he became coach is questionable at least, whilst Eng's ODI revolution started when Fabrace got put in temporary charge.

The two positives from this tour are the emergence of Hameed and Jennings, who should feel the #2 and #3 batting slots for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, West said:

Not entirely sure it will be a thrashing next time round. Kohli is re moulding the mindset and culture of Indian cricket. India have a crop of very good seamers that will keep them in the contest. England didn't have the spinners or seamers that work in these conditions.

Kohli couldn't get  a run in England last time round. Inability to cope with swinging ball. That's where England have the edge over here. our batsmen are used to it but unused to playing spin on turning wickets.

I wonder if the ECB or whoever makes these decisions, will review the role of Ramprakash. For me ,he was never consistent enough at Test level and I query what he could add to the England batsman. Judging by some of the shots played the answer is nothing !

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Kohli couldn't get  a run in England last time round. Inability to cope with swinging ball. That's where England have the edge over here. our batsmen are used to it but unused to playing spin on turning wickets.

Kohli has runs in every other country suggesting that tour was purely an anomaly. England are not invincible at home as other teams are. And certainly in Asia they are extremely bad. 

24 minutes ago, West said:

England are not invincible at home as other teams are

Currently, only India are close to invincible at home. The Aussies lost to South Africa recently, England won in South Africa this year, New Zealand lose at home, Sri Lanka do too. Pakistan sadly for them don't play at home, though they're decent in Dubai and the UAE, to be fair. Bangladesh are getting better.

At the moment India are the stand out team, though they've struggled in England and to an extent in Australia.

When was the last time England lost a home series. Pakistan drew over here. Apart from that we win them all don't we. 3-1 I think we beat India last time. More or less the same players are playing as well.

We have won In India not that long ago. Its been a long time since they won in England. I agree India are the best but only because South Africa have lost all their best players and the decline and injuries to one of the best fast bowlers ever Steyn.

Edited by PaulC

Â