Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Moeen has averaged 44 with the bat with England this year, with 3 centuries and 4 fifties. Plus 34 wickets. Good enough IMO, even if he can be frustrating at times. He's better grinding further down the order. 

He has joint most centuries for England this year along with Root and Bairstow. 

Yes and was also our best spinner in Bangladesh. He's been pushed up to no.4 and 3 second innings.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We may be taking a bit of a beating, but it appears we've found a batsman in Hameed who really has something.

This kid looks exceptional to me. To be so unfazed by difficult situations and challenges at the age of 19 is  something quite special. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2016 at 07:57, OutByEaster? said:

We may be taking a bit of a beating, but it appears we've found two batsmen in Hameed and Jennings who really have something.

fixed. Handy :)  Cook, Hameed, Jennings, Root for the top 4 next year please. 

Moeen does all that hard work to get a solid 50 and then a gift. sigh. still at least it was a decent partnership. 

Oh **** OFF. 

Jennings gone. Hello collapse. 

I sleep through the runs and put the telly on and see 2 wickets in ten minutes. **** **** socks. Off goes the tv. 

Edited by Rodders

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Oh **** OFF. 

Jennings gone. Hello collapse. 

I sleep through the runs and put the telly on and see 2 wickets in ten minutes. **** **** socks. Off goes the tv. 

Makes a change. It's normally OBE who's the jinx. :suspect::)

• Like 1

If you've got an issue, get a Saffer or a Durham man in the team (both in this case)! :D Well done Keaton Jennings! Bit of a wobble, but 350 plus would be a decent score, as this wicket is going to turn I think. Ashwin showing his class in home conditions.  

Edit : just **** it all. What a dispiriring and depressing day yet again for England. Should probably do us all a favour and concede the 4th test now. Number 9 getting 100 ffs

Edited by Rodders

A disgrace. A number 9 can score a 100 but cook jennings and mo score **** all under the slightest bit of pressure again. An absolute shambolic **** disgrace. Honestly just bring in 8 **** new players for the final test. They cant be any worse

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

A disgrace. A number 9 can score a 100 but cook jennings and mo score **** all under the slightest bit of pressure again. An absolute shambolic **** disgrace. Honestly just bring in 8 **** new players for the final test. They cant be any worse

You have to say it's  different challenge though. England's spinners don't have the ability to impart the same revs on the ball and skillset to set up batsmen. Different kettle of fish v Ashwin and Jadeja. 

India at home are formidable, but back in England we usually thump them, Its just one of those things. Conditions and experience of those conditions plays a huge part in it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

India at home are formidable, but back in England we usually thump them, Its just one of those things. Conditions and experience of those conditions plays a huge part in it. 

Looking around world cricket, I don't think there is a team that has done well away from home recently. 

Having said that what will disappoint England most is they have had the better of conditions in 3 of the 4 tests winning the toss and batting first. That is a massive advantage and one they have let slip test after test.  

Â