Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Fight back is on. 50 runs partnership. When you consider Moeen is batting at 8 then theres still the possibility of getting 400 here.  We all know how easier it is to bat at Lords in the afternoon. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Fight back is on. 50 runs partnership. When you consider Moeen is batting at 8 then theres still the possibility of getting 400 here.  We all know how easier it is to bat at Lords in the afternoon. 

400? No chance. 250 more like.

*cough* KP *cough*

Has he got pneumonia as well as calf and Achilles injuries? ;)

And, those clamouring for Pietersen's inclusion, who should have been dropped/moved out of Bell, Ballance and Root?

Edited by snowychap

*cough* KP *cough*

And, those clamouring for Pietersen's inclusion, who should have been dropped/moved out of Bell, Ballance and Root?

Im not saying he should but Bell has been in woeful form recently.

Judging from BBC live text 3/4 wickets were down to good bowling (with Cook's being a cock up) so not sure why this is even bringing KP to the discussion.

Gary Ballance can do one as far as I'm concerned.  Yes Bell's had a pretty shit 4 innings, but you know he's around the corner from a 50.

Ballance is too much swing and a miss power play cricket for me.

*cough* KP *cough*

Not 100% sure, but I'd find a place for him if fit. Either move Ballance and Bell up the order to 2 and 3, drop a bowler and move everyone from Bell down one, or possibly even give Cook the elbow. I'd find a way though.   

50 for Root - again.

quickly becoming the most important player.

He could well be captain by the end of the Summer.

eh? his average in text cricket is fantastic. About as far from the drop as Anderson or Root for me.

your recommendation of text cricket just took the haters to a whole new level...

• Like 2

Not 100% sure, but I'd find a place for him if fit. Either move Ballance and Bell up the order to 2 and 3, drop a bowler and move everyone from Bell down one, or possibly even give Cook the elbow. I'd find a way though.

I wouldn't move either Ballance or Root for anyone at the moment.

As Bell is in pretty poor form then there'd be a case for dropping him (I see that few Bears fans have suggested that, though :) ) but move either of the other two? Not on your nelly.

So it would be either drop Bell (or make him open - again no nellies there) or make Pietersen bat at 6 (what a wobbly he'd throw then!).

Edited by snowychap

Please God, don't **** up Joe Root's game by giving him the captaincy.. -_-

I think he'd take it in his stride.

Let's not needlessly try it though! :lol:

Felt for Stokes, he was battering them.  Good innings from him.  Happy for the ginger ninja after last summer too, he was awful. 

Root for 150 I think :D

400? No chance. 250 more like.

300/6 now I think I have a decent chance with my prediction depending on how they cope with the 2nd new ball. 

Â