Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I really like the look of the Note II but having a Nexus now means you get used to updates being in days rather than months. I suppose I could drop a custom rom on it but with the Note there will be so much stuff thats built in to Touchwiz (for the stylus mainly) I really cannot see how that will work.

Well, she prefers my ZTE Blade size-wise. This'll be her first smartphone and she's already a bit freaked out. Her current Nokia is tiny...

You still have a zte blade ??? man I miss mine

Well, the microphone is bust and it regularly reboots (always has to be honest), but it is running Android 4.2.1 really smoothly.

It's weird, the S3 quality. The S2 in indestructible. I've dropped mine on the pavement 3 times, all is well apart from one dent in the corner from one of the drops. My mate has dropped his twice from the roof of the house he is building onto the cement slab below. Almost no marks on it. 4 other mates with S3s have had theirs sent back for multiple reasons but mainly for cracking cases and screens, and not from drops. How has Samsung managed to lower the quality this much between models? I've not heard any bad things about the Gnex either in terms of quality.

I'm homing in on the Note2 LTE and it makes me nervous. But first it's the Nexus4 in a week.

Roight, I've just rooted me Nexus 4.  What should I do with the extra powers I have? 

Try ParanoidAndroid. It's a ROM that lets you run the phone and it's apps in Tablet mode, it's a per app setting so you pick and choose, The mailclients benefit a bit from it.

And use Titanium backup for your apps so you dont loose any data if you go that route.

Other than that, I dunno, the Nexus is the least needy of root access anyway

Roight, I've just rooted me Nexus 4.  What should I do with the extra powers I have? 

Try ParanoidAndroid. It's a ROM that lets you run the phone and it's apps in Tablet mode, it's a per app setting so you pick and choose, The mailclients benefit a bit from it.

And use Titanium backup for your apps so you dont loose any data if you go that route.

Other than that, I dunno, the Nexus is the least needy of root access anyway

Yeah this. Titanium is really the only reason to root outright.

But as you go forward you will encounter times when you'll be glad you've done it, even if nothing needs it right now.

Is there anything titanium backup can do that carbon backup can't? Especially as you don't have to root for carbon (but it's easier if you do).

You lose SkyGo when you root too.

I dont subscribe to Sky so losing Sky Go isnt really an issue.  I only rooted for the sake of it really too.  Seems I can pair a PS3 controller with my phone if I want now I have rooted. 

Is there anything titanium backup can do that carbon backup can't? Especially as you don't have to root for carbon (but it's easier if you do).

You lose SkyGo when you root too.

I doubt carbon can restore market links without root. Edited by darrenm

HTC Sync

21514851.jpg

I haven't given up. But I'm nearly out of web suggestions :) Not to mention HTC-provided suggestions. It. Will. Not. See. My. Phone. Or. Vice. Versa. :rant:

What are you trying to do with it?

Ultimately I have an RUU of a HTC-issued version of ICS to go on a Desire S (vodafone decided not to issue to that model). But first all I'm trying to do is get one to sync to the other in order to back up contacts etc.

Done. Just backed the stuff up manually. Didn't need Sync to run the RUU. Now running ICS and in the process of restoring everything. I've really modernised in the past few days !!

Â