Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Gotta be the troll face surely?

If you can do that accurately with one of those crappy styluses they use then you deserve to win an internet for your trouble.

In other news the Nexus arrived (sorry Rev), pretty much all I was expecting, pretty impressed with how quick it is.

Can anyone tell me why google now won't accept Villa as my team? I go into them settings on the card, click add team and type aston villa and it appears but when I go back into the card it has gone.

It has recognised the Knicks as I bought some tickets the other day but no matter how many times I try it will not add Villa :(

It tells me too. I actually wish it wouldnt bother.

4w8Tg.png

The calendar app also lists the upcoming fixtures, albeit in the American style where the visitors get listed first.

Can anyone tell me why google now won't accept Villa as my team? I go into them settings on the card, click add team and type aston villa and it appears but when I go back into the card it has gone.

It has recognised the Knicks as I bought some tickets the other day but no matter how many times I try it will not add Villa :(

It may assume that you're either a fan of American or Imperial sports?

(being on ICS, I can't do anything to test that hypothesis)

Called TNT back about my Nexus 4 (the online tracker still says "call" rather than offering any kind of delivery window) and while I have to give credit to the guy for being extremely nice and helpful, he doesnt know whether it is still sitting into the back of the van it was checked into on Friday, or back at the depot. facepalm.jpg

Well, twenty minutes after my earlier post this happened:

M6YlC.jpgjssBW.jpg

Five minutes after that happened, this happened:

RTl0J.jpg

The two cases I bought and wasnt expecting for at least another two weeks. :D

Initial impressions are that it is a turbo charged Nexus S. The screen is lovely, the retina pixel density makes up for the loss of SAMOLED, Loved the fact that all my old photos from my Nexus S are available to look at on this phone too. Free cloud storage, :wub:

• Like 1

Initial impressions of both are good. They both cost less than a tenner including P&P, the Poetic Borderline one I got from Amazon and it is a bumper style case. It looks really good and it hardly adds any bulk at all to the phone but makes it much easier to grip. It fits perfectly and the power button and volume rocker both actually work with the case on (something which isnt always the case if you buy those cheap and nasty jelly case things) and crucially it keeps the glass a couple of millimetres above the surface of a table if you put it down flat which will prevent scratching from grit and stuff. It also stops the phone sliding about if you have it on a surface which is vibrating. I had it flat on the driving desk of a train doing 100mph last night and it didnt move at all, and while that might be a specific requirement I have I read reports of people who had some music playing from the phones loudspeaker having their phones slide around on a table and falling to the ground.

The other one is a Diztronic ultra thin hard shell. It is really really thin. I'm not sure how much shock absorption it will offer, probably less than the bumper case in certain situations if the phone doesnt land flat on it's back when it falls. It doesnt block any of the ports and again, it adds hardly any bulk to the phone which is great considering the phone is big. I dont think you can put the phone face down with it on like you can with the bumper and you cant see the gorgeous back plate of the phone when it is on. It is really **** thin though, kinda impressive how they have managed it.

There are definitely sturdier cases out there, thick plastic ones or the leather effect ones which look like a wallet. I have never really been a fan of those style cases they add too much bulk and make day to day use a bit of a ballache. I will keep my eye open to see if there is one which is universally described as great but for now I will risk it. I had a £420 Nexus S for two years without a case and that still looks pretty good.

Â