Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Just had a read of the review for the Galaxy S on the stuff.tv website and was interested in this snipet.

Annoyingly, though, there’s no pinch-to-zoom action yet for flicking through pictures and the browser mechanic is uninspiring.

Is that really true?

Just had a read of the review for the Galaxy S on the stuff.tv website and was interested in this snipet.

Annoyingly, though, there’s no pinch-to-zoom action yet for flicking through pictures and the browser mechanic is uninspiring.

Is that really true?

Utter tripe. Read reviews from people who have actually used the phone:

http://stuff.tv/Review/Samsung-Galaxy-S-review/UserReviews/

As far as reviews go, techradar and its htc love in makes me want to smash my computer screen. The htc Desire is in no way what so ever a patch on the galaxy s. Even more so now they've had to switch to lcd screens.

The desire is old, inferior and vastly out sold by the galaxy s yet these clowns persist in the myth that it's still february and it's still the best phone.

But for CVB and dirk, I would have been buying a Desire and regretted the choice given the new Desire HD is now out (or coming out soon) plus the fact that the Galaxy S is a fantastic phone. :)

Although I'm annoyed about the delay of Froyo. I understand that there are ways of getting 2.2 up and running but the firmware discussions on the XDA site go over my head quite frankly.

Having had an iphone 3gs and now 4 and browsing the forum I noticed a few people have gone from iphone to Andriod phone.

With a great deal of disappointment with the current iphone - I wanted to ask the people who moved from iphone to andriod what their thoughts are on the andriod phone compared to apple?

Any regrets? Do you miss the apple brand? Or is the Android phone as good (which I suspect it is - just that apple seem to market their phones better IMO).

Also can you sync an Android phone with iTunes? Given all of my music is played through iTunes, I don't want to use another format and was hoping that if I did switch I could keep my music as it is?

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Firstly yes you can sync Android with iTunes. DoubleTwist music player (which is the best one which has a handy widget) will do that for you.

Two of my friends switched from iPhone 3GS to Samasung Galaxy S, one of them was quite worried by the switch as he was quite happy with the iPhone and he had numerous go's with my Xperia X10 to dispell the vast number of false rumours about android. The latest one being an actual review (see above) that stated it doesn't have pinch zoom when all Android handsets with running 2.1 have pinch zoom.

To say he was happy wit the switch is an understatement. So many things he never thought he needed or wanted because they weren't available on iPhones he now can't live without. I normally refer to him when people quiz me about switching from Apple to Android.

But at the end if the day they are smartphones and do many of the same things. But the app store aside anything you can do on an iphone you can do on a top android phone. But there are many things on android that aren't on the iphone.

But if you are an apps and games junkie the apple app store is still superior to the android market, with 250,000 apps compared to 100,000. Android is closing the gap, but currently games come out on the iphone before they come to android. But more and more games and apps are being developed for both platforms.

Yeah, it is pretty sweet. I'm looking at getting a new watch soon, but the big thing about watches for me is battery life. I dont want a watch I have to charge up more than once every two years! I'm waiting on the Seiko E-Ink watch.

Any thoughts on the Orange San Franciso? looks a bargain at £99

Look back just a couple of pages.

Excellent phone for the dosh, decent screen, recentish android, rest is a bit of a compromise but for £99 what do you expect? If the processor was any faster and the camera any better, it would be a £400 phone.

And the good news is it cost me £5 to get it unlocked, as Oranges tarrifs are terrible, and thsir customer service stinks to high heaven. I dont think they sorted out my billing yet.

Because that would clog AT&T's already shitty ass network in the US. The iphone is made primarily for them.

Also the video chat thing in the iphone 4 is almost totally pointless anyway. Video chat with other iphone 4's over wifi, if you're using wifi you're probably at home so why not just use skype on your laptop? The way they sold this video chat as if it was something unique and new is comical. Three network has had it for years, over 3G too.

To be perfectly honest video chat with a phone is not something I'll ever use.

Â