Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Thanks for the help mate I have just ordered the Iphone 4s 16gb on the T mobile full monty contract before reading this.

To be honest I don't do much with phones or at least haven't in the past so although I have probably just plumped for it by name I think I will be fairly safe with getting one of these as I guess it will do all I need.

Thanks for the help mate I have just ordered the Iphone 4s 16gb on the T mobile full monty contract before reading this.

To be honest I don't do much with phones or at least haven't in the past so although I have probably just plumped for it by name I think I will be fairly safe with getting one of these as I guess it will do all I need.

Just a little tip. get some sort of thin cover that goes around the back and up the sides because the glass casing will shatter if you drop the phone on something remotely hard. There are gazillion types of covers so pick one that suits you.

Other than that, it's a great phone.

Anyone on ice cream sandwich needs to download chrome beta now. It's utterly brilliant on both tablet and phone. Tabs are live synced between devices plus everything else that's synced. Performance is fantastic. Tab management on the phone is really nice. This is worth the wait.

Installed it, havent used it too much yet. The sync is nice, though the stock browser syncs bookmarks. I'd like to see the PC version of Chrome sync tabs between machines too.

Hi Guys, you may remember a few weeks back me having trouble with the mobile internet on my Samsung Galaxy S (1) at work. Seems if I click GSM only in mobile networks, it'll connect and work, although now with just the 'G' symbol its quite slow. If I put it on WCDMA only or WCDMA/GSM (auto) it'll slap the 'H' symbol at the top of the screen and pretty much never connect (does very rarely for only a few seconds). At home it'll happily work quickly with the 'H' symbol but as I have wifi its not really any use.

My question -> Is it possible to set it up to be 3G only and not use the 'H' which I believe is 4/4G?

Anyone on ice cream sandwich needs to download chrome beta now. It's utterly brilliant on both tablet and phone. Tabs are live synced between devices plus everything else that's synced. Performance is fantastic. Tab management on the phone is really nice. This is worth the wait.

what tablets is it available on and how do i get it please. I have a samsung galaxy 10.1.

been desperate for a decent browser for ages.

what tablets is it available on and how do i get it please. I have a samsung galaxy 10.1.

been desperate for a decent browser for ages.

Either wait for Samsung to roll out ICS on your 10.1 wich could take 57 years, or take the leap into the world of custom roms.

Here is one, camera not working yet though.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1459287

or one for the 3g version

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1461240

I've had an Xperia X10 since June 2010 and I'm currently running 2.3.3 on it. Is it possible to upgrade this OS to a newer version? The Sony website seems to be stuck on this release and nothing newer seems to be forthcoming.

I think I'm stuck with this phone for a few more months yet. Orange have failed to provide a reasonable service for me for quite a while now but I think I'm stuck with them until the end of the contract...

On the X10 you need to unlock the bootloader I think. But there are several custom roms for it as far as I can see, even a early ICS.

This looks like a good start for unlocking.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17998666&postcount=12446

And a gingerbread Cyanogenmod rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911364

Anybody seen the list of compatible Android devices for Skygo, basically top end HTC & Samsung handsets, no tablets and thats only as long as you dont update to ICS which will break it.

7 months after the IOS release and this is the best Sky can do.......pathetic.

On a related note I am planning to ditch my Asus Transformer for a Samsung 10.1 or maybe 8.9 but I just cannot decide if I will find the 8.9 a tad small. I did have the original tab for about a fortnight and the 7 inch was definitely too small and 10.1 seems OK just the transformer is a bit on the bulky side.

The Captivate Glide isnt available on this side of the pond, though Google suggests it is basically a Galaxy S2 with a QWERTY keyboard attachment. My sister has a Galaxy S2, cracking phone in my opinion. Samsung should just hurry up with the 4.0 update for it.

In other news, I changed my tariff. Still on a SIM only contract with 3, but I am now on the SIM600, which for £15pcm sees me get 600 minutes, 3000 texts and unlimited data. It's not the bullshit "unlimited" data that gets offered too, which usually has a 1gb cap (why are they still allowed to advertise that as unlimited btw?) but a true unlimited data plan. I have had no internet at the new house all month, it got turned on yesterday, but in the previous week I had used over 2gb of data on my phone! :mrgreen:

It's branded as a successor to the Galaxy S (indeed it's sold as the Galaxy S Glide in Canada; AT&T branded the Galaxy S the Captivate) without being an S2, probably because it retains the original Super AMOLED display and has a CPU somewhere between the S and the S2 (1 GHz dual-core Tegra). While the camera is the same as the Galaxy S2, it doesn't record 1080p video, only 720p (probably due to the CPU).

Some of the lower-spec hardware is presumably to allow for the inclusion of the hardware keyboard while hitting the same pricepoint. I also haven't had the battery-life issues that I've read about regarding the S2, despite having the same battery as the S2, so the decision to go Tegra may be for power-consumption vs. performance as well. I consistently get 12-18 hours between charges.

The phone is at this point, the only higher-end smartphone with a hardware keyboard that works on AT&T 3G-and-up networks. I get the distinct impression that it's partially targeted as upgrade-bait for BlackBerry owners, which may explain some of the design decisions.

GSM Arena reviewed it a while back

Yeah. There are some cheap as **** apps, books and films for a week to mark it. I just got Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (book) for 20p.

Â