Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

OK been playing around with Android 3.0 for almost a week now and I really like it. The browser is very fast and the resizable widgets are very helpful, widgets were made for screens this size, pulse for example and gmail. One thing that is a big advantage over the ipad is flash, watching shows on Rte player or 4od is very smooth and exactly what youd expect. All in all it's been exactly what you'd want for simple browsing and video watching while sitting on the couch.

Interesting piece comparing the different cloud services here

Pity they don't mention that the other services offered by iCloud alrady exist in Gmail. I feel they are making out that backing up isn't available with google simply because it's not part of google music. We've had syncing to gmail since forever.

Anyway', will google music remain free once it's out of beta?

Ok, I just got a Samsung Galaxy Apollo to replace my Orange San Francisco (killed by baby drool). When I have it hooked up to my usb port to charge it up I just have the 'CONNECTED' screen with a picture of a USB connector. I cannot get off it without disconnecting the cable. Can it be done so that I can operate the phone whilst connected to the usb?

Tamuff there should be a setting in the settings under usb, about phone or wireless and network where you can change the usb setting. Switch to kies and hit the home burton when you connect your phone that cancels the connection but still charges

Tamuff there should be a setting in the settings under usb, about phone or wireless and network where you can change the usb setting. Switch to kies and hit the home burton when you connect your phone that cancels the connection but still charges

Cheers CVB, under "about phone" There was a USB setting. It was actually already set to Samsung Kies so I changed it it "mass storage" and it has had the desired effect. 1 virtual pint for you :thumb:

Ok first thing I did with Galaxy S2 is setup google account and gmail worked from the shortcut on the homescreen. I know have added gmail, twitter and facebook to the socialhub and now that collects the gmail as well. Does everyone else use the built in socialhub or the gmail client.

I don't have facebook so don't use social hub. Twitter I use just for following and not for messaging so that is standalone with tweetcaster. Emails, g chats, texts all come in the notifications and nobody uses more than one of those methods to communicate with me.

Basically I don't need it. But from what I've read it's very useful. Especially if you have facebook.

I know who wins the battle of the cloud wars. Asus. They give unlimited storage space in the cloud with the transformer and you can stream as well as download from the cloud. Plus there's an android app for gingerbread so I can stream to my phone. Add to this and I'm on an old contract with unlimited internet and we're talking ultimate cloud.

I think that's a big selling point for the asus transformer, if you're got good wifi you've unlimited storage. Hdmi out means put that streaming on your tv

Anyone know if this is safe to use? It says it can change caller ID and such when you install it.

I just installed the nesoid and snesoid anyway. The roms are showing up for the nesoid, but they won't appear for the snesoid, even though I have downloaded them. I am looking in the correct folder as well, so anyone have any idea what might cause that?

I used that app for about a week Brigga. Like you say, the nes roms work but the snes ones dont for some reason. I think its the type of file extension they are and snesoid not recognising it.

But like you said, the app has some strange permissions. I uninstalled it just to be sure. There are other Rom programs, and there is also the option of plugging your SD card into a laptop and getting the roms from romworld.com or some other site.

It's heavier than a Galaxy Tab 10.1 or ipad2, but I find the weight perfectly fine to hold one handed.

I use it a lot with the keyboard docked, the touch screen still works and I find the combination excellent.

If you want just a tablet, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the one to get. Lighter and thinner than an iPad2. It should be out very soon. It's been review already.

Think i found a bug today, it seems it's a well known bug but i'm unable to find a fix and was wondering if any of you have...

Today for the first time i have used Google Navigation on my SGS2. I had music playing at the same time through the 3.5m phone jack to my car speakers. Only when I came to a corner, the music cut out which was great, but the direction from navigation (ie... "turn left at roundabout") was coming out the phone speaker rather then my car speaker.

Not a massive issue, but it means I have to turn the music right down to hear it properly as the ratio is all a bit ****.

Does this make sense? - Does anyone know a fix?

I just put my old iPhone 3GS next to the Galaxy S2. Wow is all I can say. No idea why it took me this long to compare them, yet when they are next to each other you can see just how amazing the screen is on the S2.

I'm loving this phone and I'm having great fun with it. My only problem is that I have used 850MB of my data allowance (I have 1GB) and still have almost two weeks left to go until the end of my first month...

Â