Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Yes, a "normal" SIM is the size of a credit card. You mean a mini-SIM. In the early days of GSM there were phones which took a full sized SIM card.

My startac did! Lots of Micro SIMs still come fixed to a credit card. 

Just ordered 16gb moto g should arrive after Xmas as soon as back in stock. 1st android phone replacing my iPhone 4S

I'd turn off imessage now, just to be sure you don't get screwed.

Just ordered 16gb moto g should arrive after Xmas as soon as back in stock. 1st android phone replacing my iPhone 4S

Sorry I probably should but I have no idea what you mean (I know how to turn it off , I just don't know why) is there a problem with iMessage?

Sorry I probably should but I have no idea what you mean (I know how to turn it off , I just don't know why) is there a problem with iMessage?
Try searching for imessage in this forum.

other iphones will continue to try imessage you even though you have switched phones, thus you will miss texts. Turn it off on all your idevices to stop this from happening

• Like 1

My sister got a new Moto g today (I recommended it after reading this thread :) )

Looks like a brilliant little phone for the money. She's chuffed to bits with it

But then again she's had some shite sony phone for the past 4 years so she'd probably have been chuffed with anything :)

• Like 1

I seem to have (but don't remember) set the share feature in Chrome to share to Whatsapp and I can't share to anything but... How can I put this right?

I think you go

Settings (in your phone, not in Chrome) --> Applications Manager --> WhatsApp --> Clear Defaults

Anyone else having a problem with their battery being devoured by the OS?

Up until a couple of weeks ago I could easily get through two days with a screen on time of about 6 hours.

Since then Android OS has been keeping my CPU constantly awake, and I can get about 12 hours battery in stand by.

I tried a factory reset yesterday, and left it in standby without putting any apps on at all and have the same problem, the battery went from 100% to 10% in under 12 hours, with 2 minutes screen on time, and Android OS responsible for 86% of the battery drain according to the battery stats...This is on a Note 3 on 4.3.

Edited by Davkaus

Hangout seems to not be able to send a text to multiple users on 4.4. Found this to my cost in my bill being walloped by mms. So get hold of a sms app in play or you'll get stung by mms messaging costs. Grrr

My sister got a new Moto g today (I recommended it after reading this thread :) )

Looks like a brilliant little phone for the money. She's chuffed to bits with it

But then again she's had some shite sony phone for the past 4 years so she'd probably have been chuffed with anything :)

People on HUKD getting very excited about this. Incredible value at £99 (£89 after Tesco code) for the 8GB and £30 more for the 16GB. Deal breaker for me is that there is no expandable memory.

Was very tempted to replace my busted SGS3 with it but need the SD card slot.

I'd normally be the same. But my sd card broke about 6 months ago so I've been down to 16gb (my phone's capacity) since then, and it hasn't bothered me. With google music and dropbox etc I don't really need that much.

I've smashed the screen on my SGS3 good and proper (only the outer glass). Thinking of getting a Nexus 4 as there are still a few new ones about for just over £200. Is it recommended?

Would second hand bother you?

My mom's just got one off ebay for £170. Second hand but in perfect condition (the guy had kept the plastic film things you get when you buy it on the whole time he'd used it.

Obviously you have to be careful, but they're decent ones out there.

yeah, worth a punt Stevo.

On the capacity thing what do you do after taking some pictures? Do you delete them off the local memory knowing they are backed up in 'the cloud'?

As an aside I have been disappointed with the SGS3 since day one. Not sure how it managed to get such a good reputation. I came from a HTC One X which had a very similar spec but was a better phone in near every respect.

I just leave them on my phone, although they do automatically upload to DropBox so I don't really have to.

But I have 700+ photos on my phone (GS3 so good quality pics) and that's only just over 1gb

Â