Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

My Nexus 5 arrived today. Love it! Feels gorgeous and so smooth and quick. Need to work out how to make the battery life better but love the phone. How the hell can Google get away with such a great phone at such a great price when the S4 with similar spec is so much more!?

• Like 1

Was very tempted to replace my S2 with a Moto G, I just always get stuck on the fact it doesn’t have a removable battery just like I did with the Nexus 4 & 5

The Nexus and Motorola phones are also going to stop me buying a top of the range phone with a removable battery  due to price difference.

Annoying

Well i have it but forgot about the change in sim size. Anyone used a sim card cutter? I imagine it would have to cut part of the gold bit to fit, is that ok? Then if i wanted to go back to my S2 for a while can i just put in back in a converter?

cheers in advance guys

Charged all night, went to work and used it for music/web/apps, got on ferry at 3, charged phone for the 50min crossing, then uploaded pics, took video all afternoon and evening, browsed web, sent texts and whatsapp messages, get back in ferry and its on 50%.

I love my phone. :)

Well i have it but forgot about the change in sim size. Anyone used a sim card cutter? I imagine it would have to cut part of the gold bit to fit, is that ok? Then if i wanted to go back to my S2 for a while can i just put in back in a converter?

cheers in advance guys

What size is it and  what size does it need to be?

I have cut many minis to micros using a cutter I got from Amazon for a fiver. It doesn't touch the contacts.

Use a cutter.  It's like a hole punch for SIM cards, they are idiot proof.  If you take your SIM to the shop there is a very good chance they will just use a cutter anyway. 

• Like 1

Anybody else tried the Snapdragon Batteryguru on their N5. It does seem to work......

I've had it on my N4 for ages and I agree, it's excellent. Been banging on about it on here too.

cheers in advance guys

You can buy a cutter or call your sim provider and theyll post one out to you.

Â