Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Mmm, weird annoying thing happening on my HTC One X

A couple of times I have nearly been late for work because my alarm has not gone off, the battery has been dead even though its plugged in to the charger.

I could not work it out, although yesterday I had plugged it in adn found it was not charging before the battery ran out, it had come up with a message about how 'the phone is using more power than it is being charged with and cannot recharge properly' or something along those lines, any ideas???

Sounds similar to what was happening to my S3.

If I had it plugged in and was using it it would still lose power. On the odd occasion I'd woken up and the phone hadn't been dead, but only about 50% battery after an overnight charge.

So my guess is a dodgy charger. Try borrowing someone else's and see if it happens with that.

Mmm, weird annoying thing happening on my HTC One X

A couple of times I have nearly been late for work because my alarm has not gone off, the battery has been dead even though its plugged in to the charger.

I could not work it out, although yesterday I had plugged it in adn found it was not charging before the battery ran out, it had come up with a message about how 'the phone is using more power than it is being charged with and cannot recharge properly' or something along those lines, any ideas???

This might sound really stupid. But i've been battling with my HTC One phone today, it hasn't been able to charge all day, kept on getting the error message "the charger your using is not compatible with this device". So I've tried about 8 different ROMS using all sorts of different Kernals and I managed to find one with works correctly (CyanogenMod 10.1) for some unknown reason. However, on this particular ROM, instead of getting the error message above, the phone kept automatically going into "car mode" whenever I plugged in a USB.... anyway, after much shagging about I found the fix.

It was simply to clean out the Micro USB socket. Since cleaning it out, i've had no problems at all, so it may be worth trying too.

Edited by PieFacE

Still loving my new HTC One but am starting to note it getting quite warm at the back of the phone especially when using it for the internet. Is this normal?

Do you have GPS & mobile data/Wifi on all the time?

Do you use auto brightness or at the highest setting?

Also, do you use the internet with the USB cable in?

I find mine gets quite hot if the screen is on for a long time whilst charging. 

Edited by PieFacE

Still loving my new HTC One but am starting to note it getting quite warm at the back of the phone especially when using it for the internet. Is this normal?

Do you have GPS & mobile data/Wifi on all the time?

Do you use auto brightness or at the highest setting?

Also, do you use the internet with the USB cable in?

I find mine gets quite hot if the screen is on for a long time whilst charging. 

Yes to the first question.

Yes i use auto brightness but not sure of the setting. Will check.

No to the third question.

yeah also noted this while charging.

OK Guys I have a dilemma.

My Gnex has a crack on the screen so I am looking at a replacement. I have looked quite hard at the Nexus 4 for all the obvious reasons but because I am on Three and will be getting the free upgrade to 4G at the end of the year that has stopped me hitting the buy button so far.

I have then looked at both the HTC One and the S4 because they will be 4G compatible and I am suprised how quickly the prices have dropped on both handsets. The OS upgrades have stopped me buying either of these so far as I would like KLP when its released.

Anyone with a S4 or HTC One want to give me the heads up on why I should buy either.

Cheers

My GNex is getting a bit long in the tooth now, I'm waiting for the next Nexus, or a Google Experience device with a great camera. Anything I can buy from the Play Store really. The experience when my Nexus 7 went faulty was excellent.

The new nexus is likely to be released with KLP. Can you wait?

If my phone holds out.

So much of buying an Android phone is compromise. The Red HTC One is a stunning looking phone it really is. The S4 is top notch hardware with probably too much going on in the software side. Both come with LTE but you aint going to see KLP on either in 2013.

The Nexus will get KLP but the camera is at best average and you dont get LTE in the UK.

So choice is top notch hardware - root and rom to get close to up to date software or relatively mid range hardware and up to date software.

There does seem to be quite a few online sites running reports that despite assurances from Google the Nexus Handsets might have run their course.

Get the GS4 and flash the Google Edition Stock Rom and there you go. 

That is something I have thought about - one question though......what do Samsung and Google class as timely updates?

Â