Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparantly Fear has just been on Midlands today discussing the appointment, and he apparantly said that he has on good knowledge that Lerner is taking over the club, and he has the champagne on ice?

Can anyone else confirm this, as i no longer live in the midlands.

Thanks.

Tonight's Midlands Today in Real format.

Plenty of preamble ahead of the press conference -- great to see so many there to greet him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/realmedia/midlandstoday/bulletin.ram

Mmmmmm....Shefali....

In anticipation of the days weeks months and years ahead, I've been reminding everyone I know this afternoon, where I was when we were shit.

What about you?

I started doing that last week. Glad I'm not the only one.

:)

In anticipation of the days weeks months and years ahead, I've been reminding everyone I know this afternoon, where I was when we were shit.

What about you?

I started doing that last week. Glad I'm not the only one.

:)

And me, it's been an ace few weeks!

:D

OK bin out since 7pm heard PC on radio just got back.......I'll try & catch up with posts but anything more happened?

Randy Lerners plane is still in Luton and the Board are rumoured to have called a 'special' metting for Monday.

Make of that what you will........

What about you?

haha - funny you should say that as I have been thinking "at least I can say I was there when we were shit"!!!

It does have a feeling, this moment in time - a feeling that suggests the good times are once again about to roll.

I think O'Neill being brought in by Ellis is a last sop to his ego.

He won't get a place on any new board, so he wants to be remembered as the guy who brought in MON. Probably the best thing he's done in the last 24 years.

Lets hope next week's Ellis' last one. :cheers:

I don't know if anyone has seen Ellis in the pitch side interview on the BBC (http://tinyurl.com/n6qgm link) - ignoring most of the rubbish from Ellis - the very last question is:

Reporter: "Will this be the last major signing as Chairman of Aston Villa?"

Ellis: "I don't know......But I'd hope so!"

Okay so Ellis has strung us along before but I was surprised he said that. Usually I would have expected him to either dodge the question or go on about how he can still play tennis with the young 'uns!

I don't know if anyone has seen Ellis in the pitch side interview on the BBC (http://tinyurl.com/n6qgm link) - ignoring most of the rubbish from Ellis - the very last question is:

Reporter: "Will this be the last major signing as Chairman of Aston Villa?"

Ellis: "I don't know......But I'd hope so!"

Okay so Ellis has strung us along before but I was surprised he said that. Usually I would have expected him to either dodge the question or go on about how he can still play tennis with the young 'uns!

Wow, just watched it, the BIGGEST hint yet :shock:

Im well confused, lol.