Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did too. VT stopped working and newsnow stopped working. I thought my company had blocked the f**kers on me cuz my log probably sticks out like a sore thumb. Thankfully not.

Right - not sure where to post this on the "no new manager today" post or on this but here goes. I have had a message from my contacts at Villa saying that DDay is tomorrow for O'Neill - he will be announced tomorrow (along with his two sidekicks). The contact seems to think a takeover will PROBABLY be announced at the same time but they weren't definite on that. They were definite on O'Neill. For the record I know two people at Villa, and both are saying the same things. Hope that helps.

I know if this doesn't happen my virtual balls are on the line now but I can only tell you what I am told.

Need to clarify that actually -have had another message from one contact saying that the buyout is probable but the announcement tomorrow will only be about MON.

I did too. VT stopped working and newsnow stopped working. I thought my company had blocked the f**kers on me cuz my log probably sticks out like a sore thumb. Thankfully not.

haha I had exactly the same thought. Especially after the last 2 weeks!

Same for me also...I was desperately trying to get news anywhere thinking it was happening now, with the sites too busy to respond.

Heart rate back to normal.

haha I had exactly the same thought. Especially after the last 2 weeks!

Same for me also...I was desperately trying to get news anywhere thinking it was happening now, with the sites too busy to respond.

Heart rate back to normal.

Ok guys, I know this is OT for this thread but most people will see it here. I just had the same problem again with just newsnow and villatalk. Don't know what it is. Last time I solved it by clearing out my cache / history etc. That didn't work this time. Instead I went to my command prompt (in your accessories folder) and typed in the following (thanks to google!)...

ipconfig /flushdns (enter)

ipconfig /registerdns (enter)

Problem solved. For now! Can't be doing without those 2 sites at a time like this!

VT the site itself has not had a problem, there was a problem with the internet feed provided by a third party.

When the site went down the first time this morning, I realised just how much I rely on it to keep me informed. It was maybe 10 minutes of silence, but it was excruciating.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one to feel so cut off.

So, having realised how important VillaTalk is to me, especially during these exciting times, I have made a contribution of £5 via the paypal link on the left side menu bar. It's not a lot of money, but after a wedding and honeymoon in the last 3 weeks, its all I can afford right now.

Hopefully it can go towards keeping VillaTalk alive and reliable. I'm sure that this site hasn't seen a busier time than the last 3 weeks and there has been a huge strain put on Limpid's resources.

If you can, I urge you all to make a contribution to the upkeep of this excellent website.

VT the site itself has not had a problem, there was a problem with the internet feed provided by a third party.

When the site went down the first time this morning, I realised just how much I rely on it to keep me informed. It was maybe 10 minutes of silence, but it was excruciating.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one to feel so cut off.

So, having realised how important VillaTalk is to me, especially during these exciting times, I have made a contribution of £5 via the paypal link on the left side menu bar. It's not a lot of money, but after a wedding and honeymoon in the last 3 weeks, its all I can afford right now.

Hopefully it can go towards keeping VillaTalk alive and reliable. I'm sure that this site hasn't seen a busier time than the last 3 weeks and there has been a huge strain put on Limpid's resources.

If you can, I urge you all to make a contribution to the upkeep of this excellent website.

Hear hear. I've done the same. I was distraught when I realised I couldn't access newsnow OR villatalk!

Is there any way I can make a contribution without using Paypal - can I write out a cheque and send it anywhere - PM me if you like. Ta

(Obviously I only mean Side administrators/mods here) :oops:

Don't know if it's been posted anywhere else, but today's Mail are saying that the three American's seen at Villa yesterday were not a new consortium, but were in fact a part of the Lerner team who have been in and around Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath for three days.

Don't know if it's been posted anywhere else, but today's Mail are saying that the three American's seen at Villa yesterday were not a new consortium, but were in fact a part of the Lerner team who have been in and around Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath for three days.

Lets hope they didn't find anything, they didn't like :(

if thats true 100% thats great news. but why were SSN so certain it wasnt lerners men? cover up perhaps?

I dont think anyone knows who they were tbh, apart from the chauffeur guy they had