Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Any business man can see that Villa easily can increase revenue. I dont think that is a stumbling block because...to be perfectly honest...the board with Ellis as a dictator has failed big time.

It wouldnt take a smart ass to figure out how to make Villa raise money like shit if keep the same squad. The squad isnt expensive for Premier...the club has very big potential out on the market. It would be easy business for a true businessman or woman to turn this around after just three months. That is my belief...

If we´re looking about Villas value as of today it isnt anywhere near £64m....but if buyers consider the potential at Villa Park than the value would easily be £100m. I dont have any doubts at all about this....but it means that Villa needs to clean house and start with a professional board and professionals throughout the club.

If Rothschild are anything as good as people here say or believe than they would find a good buyer soon for our beloved Villa. There is no doubt at all that Villa is one of the best buys in Europe...

It is a big club with great fans...it is a big club with a good history and with trophies as late back as mid -90´s. Aston Villa is also a very good name so there would not be a problem to do marketing for the club in order to get sponsors (the club has really made shit business in this aspect too).

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any business man can see that Villa easily can increase revenue. I dont think that is a stumbling block because...to be perfectly honest...the board with Ellis as a dictator has failed big time.

It wouldnt take a smart ass to figure out how to make Villa raise money like shit if keep the same squad. The squad isnt expensive for Premier...the club has very big potential out on the market. It would be easy business for a true businessman or woman to turn this around after just three months. That is my belief...

If we´re looking about Villas value as of today it isnt anywhere near £64m....but if buyers consider the potential at Villa Park than the value would easily be £100m. I dont have any doubts at all about this....but it means that Villa needs to clean house and start with a professional board and professionals throughout the club.

If Rothschild are anything as good as people here say or believe than they would find a good buyer soon for our beloved Villa. There is no doubt at all that Villa is one of the best buys in Europe...

It is a big club with great fans...it is a big club with a good history and with trophies as late back as mid -90´s. Aston Villa is also a very good name so there would not be a problem to do marketing for the club in order to get sponsors (the club has really made shit business in this aspect too).

I agree that this is the way to value the club, problem is are there anyone oaround that are willing and able to turn this Titanic around before Ellis runs it into the ice! Actually I think that somewere in this monster thread there are qoutes of how much other clubs like West ham and Arsenal are valued at. I that light the 64 mill for Villa looks quite fair. thing is it will take some seroius investment on top of that to change things - so I would guess that we must be looking for someone willing to spend 100 mill over a few years time. Sad to say that I am not in that category.

how long do people reckon it will take for it all to fail after the transfer window shuts then?!?

1 week?

2 weeks?

im going for 2 weeks...

and a statement similar to the one below...

"aston villa plc continue to look for a buyer who can take the club forward the way the board think is best for the long term stability of the club...

avil, did not show that they had the full financial backing to complete the transaction and werent considered the right people to progress the club....

wibble...

wibble...."

how long do people reckon it will take for it all to fail after the transfer window shuts then?!?

1 week?

2 weeks?

im going for 2 weeks...

"aston villa plc continue to look for a buyer who can take the club forward the way the board think is best for the long term stability of the club...

avil, did not show that they had the full financial backing to complete the transaction and werent considered the right people to progress the club....

wibble...

wibble...."

it'll be thursday or friday.

1 week?

2 weeks?

im going for 2 weeks...

wibble...

wibble...."

There is also the option that The Comer Bros have been dragging their heals over this until the window shuts.

Now they have a good 4-5 months to assest strip the club with no-one making waves about actually spending their money on players

Now they have a good 4-5 months to assest strip the club with no-one making waves about actually spending their money on players

Dunno about that. Assuming the only assets to strip are the land we own, they wouldn't get a return on their 64mill investment if they asset stripped. So what's the point of that?

Having said that - does a football club need to own land? If it was a source of income (which it isn't currently), then fine - but our main source of income remains winning things on the pitch. If we sold off all the assets to bolster our squad and win some things, I wouldn't mind one bit.

If we sold off all the assets to bolster our squad and win some things, I wouldn't mind one bit.

Thats the problem the land aint worth toffee , the hole 20 million we were promised in the summer was supposed to be got from that Tesco fiasco which the council stuck two fingers up at . Face it unless Ellis admits defeat that the land isnt worth what he thinks it is we'll be stuck in the same rut next season , you have to ask yourself whats the point of owning land in one of the roughest and run down areas in B'ham ???

Can i just point out that a year or so ago kiddy were being taken over in the summer. This resulted in no transfer activity and the manager missed out on over 8 players that he needed and the issue was only resoloved late on.

Kiddy went down that season.

I'm not sure we have enough fit quality players to GUARANTEE staying up.

ATM we're not that far off being in serious relegation trouble.

2 or 3 games without a win and it's biting fingernails time again.

IF the reason for no transfer activity whatsoever is the ongoing takeover, then Elies really is simply acting in his own self interest rather than the clubs.

despite what he may say about wanting to "safeguard our future".

A few injuries and we really will be in serious trouble.

And there's a chance we could go down this season - maybe a 1 in 4 chance, I reckon.

Which is not how it should be.

To be honest I'd put it at 1 in 3.

Here's why.

Sunderland are down. I really don't think that either of the other two places are certain yet. Portsmouth with their new team will be giving it a go and I can just see sha getting out of it. The other four teams are WBA, Us, Middlesvilla and Newcastle.

2 places, 6 teams. 2 in 6 or 1 in 3.

Pompey have bought in average players, just because they have spent doesn't mean they are any better off. All these players haven't played together, some have come from foreign legaues and aren;t used to the PL. Their defence is shocking and I'd be very suprised if they stay up. Ditto small heath who haven't really improved the squad in any meaningful way.

SHA are just the sort of team who will do what WBA did last season and worm their way out of trouble. Pompey have bruoght in players most of us would have consdiered good/decent signings if we had made them. Boro and Newcastle will manage to sort themselves out and get midtable spots. Fulham, Charlton and Everton seem to have raised thir game and are getting out of trouble.

So in a shock move I actually have to agree with Richard on this one.

I hate the position were currently in , every time i look at the league table i feel down, results really havent gone are way at all , i am just keeping my fingers crossed we can get some solid results over the next few weeks , were not a good investment playing in the Championship and the amount of players that would leave , i could see another Southampton situation

Why do people think we aren't going to do well? We have a better team than Boro, sha, Baggies, everton and pompey.

Just because pompey have gone mad in the transfer market doesn't mean they will pick up. They have virtually changed the entire playing squad, this means they need to gel. They still have a shocking defence.

Our first 11 is actually pretty decent and mid-table.

Once we have played chelsea every home game from now on is winnable and there is a 7 point gap from the relegation zone, and sha still have to play spurs, arsenal and chelsea.