The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

How has Tama's WWE debut gone down? I've been a GoD fan in NJPW for many years, and it sucks that he's gone, but I hope he can make an impact. 

I can't imagine they'd ever re-hire Tanga Loa (Camacho), but Hikuleo has something I think WWE could use. 

Any indication if they're leaving him with the Stun Gun (RKO) finisher? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2024 at 20:49, hogso said:

I can't imagine they'd ever re-hire Tanga Loa (Camacho)

Well, I'm a dumbass. 

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

I was there too. Bastards didn't show me but I had a good time anyway.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I was there too. Bastards didn't show me but I had a good time anyway.

My head-canon is you were the local jobber for a dark match.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 08/05/2024 at 18:12, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Everyone knows the answer to the question but should still be entertaining. Not sure it warrants four episodes but I’ll watch 

Ive been watching this and its very good. I use to be a big WCW fan back in the day. 

The amount of egos in that place is what killed the company. Giving hogan creative control on his charchter was always going to end in disaster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive been watching this and its very good. I use to be a big WCW fan back in the day. 

The amount of egos in that place is what killed the company. Giving hogan creative control on his charchter was always going to end in disaster.

I cut my rasslin’ teeth in the heyday of the mighty Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, starting probably in 1973. My father was really into it and so were most of my friends, and we became obsessed. They did live events in my hometown every other Sunday and we didn’t miss one for several years running. Saw so many legends: Harley Race, both Funk brothers, Andre, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair from his very start, Greg Valentine, Ernie Ladd, Roddy Piper, a very young Randy Savage (in fact, saw him when he still used his real name, Randy Poffo), Ivan Koloff, Wahoo McDaniels, et al. Was still into it when I graduated from high school but at the point rock & roll had taken top priority for several years. My interest in rasslin’ was killed off by WWF and Hogan & Cyndi Lauper with that Rock & Wrestling cartoon garbage, pretty sure that was around 1985. Totally gave it up, though came back during the WCW era. Watched all that glorious stuff with NWO but when that ended so did my time with rasslin’. And this time I haven’t returned. But I still love shows like Dark Side of the Ring and reading books like The Squared Circle by David Shoemaker

Is it cool to discuss old school stuff here, or is only contemporary rasslin discussion allowed?

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I cut my rasslin’ teeth in the heyday of the mighty Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, starting probably in 1973. My father was really into it and so were most of my friends, and we became obsessed. They did live events in my hometown every other Sunday and we didn’t miss one for several years running. Saw so many legends: Harley Race, both Funk brothers, Andre, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair from his very start, Greg Valentine, Ernie Ladd, Roddy Piper, a very young Randy Savage (in fact, saw him when he still used his real name, Randy Poffo), Ivan Koloff, Wahoo McDaniels, et al. Was still into it when I graduated from high school but at the point rock & roll had taken top priority for several years. My interest in rasslin’ was killed off by WWF and Hogan & Cyndi Lauper with that Rock & Wrestling cartoon garbage, pretty sure that was around 1985. Totally gave it up, though came back during the WCW era. Watched all that glorious stuff with NWO but when that ended so did my time with rasslin’. And this time I haven’t returned. But I still love shows like Dark Side of the Ring and reading books like The Squared Circle by David Shoemaker

Is it cool to discuss old school stuff here, or is only contemporary rasslin discussion allowed?

Allllll the rasslin should definitely be encouraged

17 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on here with too much knowledge of pre 90s pro wrestling...let alone 70s era territory days in the US! Regardless, yeah, it's a fascinating period especially when considering what came later. 

Clash at the Scottish Castle last night. Any viewers? 

5 minutes ago, hogso said:

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on here with too much knowledge of pre 90s pro wrestling...let alone 70s era territory days in the US! Regardless, yeah, it's a fascinating period especially when considering what came later. 

Clash at the Scottish Castle last night. Any viewers? 

Thought it was quite good. 

Spoiler

AJ Cody was decent, wondering if this is now leading to the Rock returning. Bloody love Punk and Drew, I knew he'd come down when a ref was needed! 7/10 event.

38 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Thought it was quite good. 

Hide contents

AJ Cody was decent, wondering if this is now leading to the Rock returning. Bloody love Punk and Drew, I knew he'd come down when a ref was needed! 7/10 event.

Spoiler

That finish was so cleverly done with the ref spot on drew-priest. The camera work was superb to show that it wasnt punk. That was superb work with wwe.

I thought it was a ref and punk was going to pull the ref out the ring i didnt think it was punk.

It was a unpredictable card as i thought gable would beat zayn

Didnt see bianca and jade dropping titles to the scottish womens team (dont understand that one as they get absolutely zero reaction back in the states) that match itself was full of botches

Overall good show 7.5/10

Â