New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Either way i don't get the fuss.

If you want to pay for the shirt, go ahead.

If you don't thats fine.

For what it's worth its a nice shirt, but I was never really intending to buy it... I love the away though, i might pick that up next year.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a couple of questions on sales on the General's thread and it got me to thinking about something - Our previous biggest sponsorship deal was with red32 I'd have thought and amounted to what I'd imagine to be next to nothing. If shirt income is a combination of the money the sponsors pay to be on the shirt and the income you get from selling replica kit, then this is probably our most profitable home kit ever - and quite probably would have been even if it'd never gone on sale to you and me.

Considering the amount our current sponsors paid to be on the front of our shirts I'd be interested to know what their thoughts are on the delay to the release of our kit.

I know the principle exposure to a brand on a shirt comes from the TV coverage but exposure also comes from the thousands of shirts which are sold and worn by supporters or not as is the case with our kit.

For those who are willing to admit they bought it, who did they get on the back of the shirt?

I got Ashely Young 7 on the home (I think it may well be his last season at the club, thats the thought behind it).

My mum has ordered the away shirt for a Christmas present with Albrighton 12.

Would anyone be able to recommend the best site to get a Villa shirt delivered overseas from? Any that have good offers?

Also, does anybody know Kitbag's worldwide shipping price?

My experience with the Villa on line megastore was a very good one. Good price (saved about $50 on what I would have bought in a shop here) and regular emails about the status of my order, the delivery company and tracking number. Will get it here in less than a week from hitting 'go' on the credit card order.

I can endorse this. I live in Australia and I've ordered from the Villa online store a few times. Only good experiences. Recommended.

Probably already been mentioned but do you still get the free printing when you order online?

It's quite disgusting if you can't even get the free shirt printing now. They at least owe the supporters buying it that much.

Everyone everyone i am shocked non of you have said where the cheapest place to get a Villa top from is . The answer is JJB people get your ass to JJB as tomorrow is the last day of there 3 for 2 offer on EVERYTHING an i mean everything , this means you could get 3 Villa tops for £70 yes thats right 70 feckin quid a bargain . Got my top , my little girls kit (4-5 yrs) and a babies kit (3-6 months ) for £59 i know i sound a tight arse but seriously thats a huge saving .

Aye, just realised it will be in my local JJB for £30. That's a saving of £10 from the club shop. I may be tempted to buy it now. Maybe...

There £34.99 at the JJB's by us still saving a tenner as there £45 in the club shop . Tempted to go buy 3 shirts tomorrow just so i can put em on Ebay for £30 and make a nice little profit .

If you buy it from JJB, the club gets the best part of **** all from the sale, maybe as little as pound. If you buy it from the club store, you're going to pay more, but at least you know that extra is going to the club.

Click here for why.

So, buy if for £34.99 from JJB and give the club a quid or pay £45 from the club shop and give the club £21. I guess it depends on what buying the shirt means to you.

Unfortunatly i dont bath in 20 pound notes like yourself so every penny helps as far as i am concerned , i forked out £700 on 2 season tickets so its not like i put naff all into the club . And hell if the club actually put the price of the tops at £35 i'd happily buy it from them instead but they havent and i think its pretty shocking that there charging £45 for a top thats 4 months late . Sorry thats my whinge for the day

If you buy it from JJB, the club gets the best part of **** all from the sale, maybe as little as pound. If you buy it from the club store, you're going to pay more, but at least you know that extra is going to the club.

Click here for why.

So, buy if for £34.99 from JJB and give the club a quid or pay £45 from the club shop and give the club £21. I guess it depends on what buying the shirt means to you.

Since when do the club have a right to getting money from me for something I can get cheaper elsewhere? If I want to buy a top that is already months out of date for a cheaper price, then I think it makes sense for me to look to get it as cheap as I can. The club offered bugger all in the way of a reduction.

I'm still trying to find it for cheaper than JJB and will certainly not be buying it from the club. They get my money for a season ticket, plus a match programme and food/drink every game.

So no, I don't give a toss if the money doesn't go to the club in all honesty. Buying the shirt means showing pride in supporting the Villa, not in being ripped off by them (to me it does anyway).

Sorry chaps, I seem to have gone at that very clumsily. I guess for me, if it came down to a choice between buying a home shirt for £35 and knowing the club got very little or buying something else from the club shop for £35 and knowing the club got more, I'd buy something else from the club shop - but then I don't really like football shirts and part of the reason I buy one is to put money into the club - I'm guessing most people don't feel that way.

In all honesty I won't be buying this years shirt anyway - so no matter where you buy it from you'll be putting more in for it than I will.

Totti - but you get 10% off for the ST and that brings it down to £40 for a STer, which with the free printing (if required and if still on) makes it cheaper for a STer.

Obviously still not as cheap as JJB was for you but the difference is a lot closer than you made out.

p.s. Aston got his last week, using a ST and the free printing offer and as nice as it is I still think I should have gone for a beer as opposed to queueing with him.

Got mine at the weekend first thing i noticed is that the sponsor is printed differently than the original batch that they still use for the display models. There is a claret backing to the white which links individual letters together. Maybe that was the quality issue that the other way of printing the sponsor resulted in the letters falling off??

love the shirt got it in small with young on the back its got a great fit to it. favourite nike short so far

Totti - but you get 10% off for the ST and that brings it down to £40 for a STer, which with the free printing (if required and if still on) makes it cheaper for a STer.

Obviously still not as cheap as JJB was for you but the difference is a lot closer than you made out.

p.s. Aston got his last week, using a ST and the free printing offer and as nice as it is I still think I should have gone for a beer as opposed to queueing with him.

I got the impression though the free printing offer was a limited offer and also you had to have an actuall players name to be able to get the free printing .

the deal from villa if your a season ticket is the best to go for i reckon with 10% off it will be £40.50 you can get free printing if you want it and i think if you spend over £25 at the villa shops you get a £10 voucher to spend there as well.

Â