Scientific Experiment V2 #9 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

Stealing an idea from the long lost and dearly lamented IainG (even if he couldn't spell his own name)

Quick one, no discussion needed. Based on current feelings only, should he stay or go?

Will repeat the poll on a weekly [edit]MONTHLY[/edit] basis until we get bored or he is replaced.

Yes - it is that time of month again, so what do WE think? Previous result here

And since then we've had:

LWDWDD

Poll open for 7 days.....

Breaks me to say this as I have always had a soft spot for him, but I am beginning to think we will not get where we want under him.

His constant baffling irrational decisions annoy me the most.

Despite being frustrated with recent results and team selection, I still think he's the right man for the job.

I don't think we'll make the fourth and the CL, season is tailing off poorly as it did last year. Europe has been a none event this year which is probably a good thing as I doubt we'd have been able to cope with the extra games.

O'Neill needs a big summer though, we need to sign some quality, especially upfront. We need to be able to compete both domestically and in europe next term aswell, so the side needs some work.

Yes i think he can but it is going to take the full 5 years of the 5 year plan to actually achieve anything trophy wise by the look of it... But that is surely fair enough?.. If no trophy or top 4 place by the end of NEXT season then my viewpoint will start to change very rapidly as i feel 5 years with backing like Randy Lerner has given him should bear fruit even if we are up against stiff opposition.. With the backing we have we should start to catch Liverpool & move in a touch on even Arsenal but then you could also say that about Spurs, Man City etc so that is really a top 7 is it not? so maybe on averages it should be a good trophy winning season & or 4th place in about 1 in 4 seasons for us, Liverpool, Spurs & Man City? with the occasional 3rd or 2nd place for any of those teams when one of the top 3 sides have an off year?

If no trophy or top 4 place by the end of NEXT season then my viewpoint will start to change very rapidly

Thi is part of the problem, in my opinion.

To expect a trophy or top 4 at any point is pushing it. That should be the aim, sure, but to expect it? Just silly, in my opinion. Football doesn't revolve around Villa, there's another 4 sides competing with us for that 4th place and then plenty of good sides competing for trophies. To expect improvement year on year is ridiculous.

If no trophy or top 4 place by the end of NEXT season then my viewpoint will start to change very rapidly

To expect a trophy or top 4 at any point is pushing it. That should be the aim, sure, but to expect it? Just silly, in my opinion. Football doesn't revolve around Villa, there's another 4 sides competing with us for that 4th place and then plenty of good sides competing for trophies. To expect improvement year on year is ridiculous.

What's the point in supporting the club? and buying a season ticket?

What's the point in supporting the club? and buying a season ticket?

I think you answered your 2nd question with your 1st question.

I buy my season ticket to support the club. I'm not going to throw a hissy fit just because we don't improve every year, it's a bit silly to expect that.

A few people support sides these days for the enjoyment of the game and supporting their team, rather than simply expect trophies and success.

I think Blandy, oft the voice of reason here, has said that this season he's mostly just enjoying being a fan.

Me, I want success. I'm willing to wait mind. I know I'll have to regardless.